*****The official Motherwell Vs Rangers thread*****

3 hours ago, minus22 said:

I mind seeing it was some kind of group format but out of curiorisity looked it up more there

'The new format will see eight groups of five teams play each other once each in a round-robin format.[1]Ā The forty teams playing in the group stage consist of the 38 league clubs who are not participating in UEFA competitions, along with two teams from outwith the league.[1][note 1]Ā In the group phase, three points are given for a win and one point for a draw. If matches are level after ninety minutes, aĀ penalty shootoutĀ will be held with the winning team gaining a bonus point '

Ffs the sfa are a joke. A penalty shoot out if its still a draw after 90. Ā Sounds like settings for a computer game (fifa/pes):lol: Ā 

Does this mean the winner gets 4 points? OrĀ does it count as a draw and one team gets a point but the penalty winners get 2? Useless bastards, load of pish!

1 hour ago, CooperSF said:

Win = 3 points

Draw (and win the penalty shoot-out) = 2 points

Loss = 0 points

What's stopping teams just holding out for 90 mins and winning the shoot-out?

If you lose the shoot out youĀ still get 1 point.

Went on a Motherwell forum to see whether they have been performing well in friendlies etc in the build upĀ and I seen this gem of a post :lol:Ā 

"They were ordinary last season away from home and they haven't exactly been shopping at the high end of the market this close season."Ā 

The team that has signed Richard Trait and Carl McHugh (No idea who they are either) are criticisingĀ the team who has signed the likes of Barton and Rossiter for their transfers :lol:? Even Windass and Crooks are 10 levels above anything they have, big Clint and Gilks aren't the most glamourous names but they are 10 levels above them as well. Hope we go out and fucking rattle these cunts

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

Went on a Motherwell forum to see whether they have been performing well in friendlies etc in the build upĀ and I seen this gem of a post :lol:Ā 

"They were ordinary last season away from home and they haven't exactly been shopping at the high end of the market this close season."Ā 

The team that has signed Richard Trait and Carl McHugh (No idea who they are either) are criticisingĀ the team who has signed the likes of Barton and Rossiter for their transfers :lol:? Even Windass and Crooks are 10 levels above anything they have, big Clint and Gilks aren't the most glamourous names but they are 10 levels above them as well. Hope we go out and fucking rattle these cunts

When we tank them they'll be complaining that we've spent far more than them as well. Fucking absolute mongos.Ā 

Foderingham - Tavernier Kiernan Hill Wallace - Halliday Holt Windass - McKay Waghorn O'Hallaron

Could have been Forrester but think he'll come from the bench, hopefully see Barton on from the bench as wellĀ 

56 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Lads was anyone else really impressed by forester like I was last season before injury?

He kinda gave us our own version of a commons. Picks the ball up and if nothing is on he's not afraid to hit it. Hes got a bit of pace a good finisher and with a full pre season I think he will be a real asset. I've been taken by surprise by him. I actually think he's a technically good player.Ā 

100% correct.

I think we will line up with Forrester in the midfield 3.

Wes

Tav Hill Wilson Wallace

Forrester Halliday Windass

Waghorn Miller Mckay

Ā 

I have an aussie rules match saturday but have managed to convince my 2 mates who I go to the games with to record the match and wait for me getting back around 5pm to watch it. It'll cost me a few beers and we will all need to do a media blackout but what top lads they are for holding out for me. Hope we hump them.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I have an aussie rules match saturday but have managed to convince my 2 mates who I go to the games with to record the match and wait for me getting back around 5pm to watch it. It'll cost me a few beers and we will all need to do a media blackout but what top lads they are for holding out for me. Hope we hump them.Ā 

Hope you get back and there pished celebrating and just tell you how well we played :lol: