starting lineup coming season - suggestions

Im curious as to what our top team for the current season would be. Im not sure exactly the set up and who will play where. Can the rest of the posters enlighten as to probable team and positions....example

Gilks/ (Fod)

Hodson/(Tav)            Hill           New            Wallace

Barton

Rossiter (Holt)              Haliday

Krancjer /(O Hal)                                          McKay/(Forres)

Dodoo/Wag/Millertime

player in brackets just miss out

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, big dave mcpherson said:

Im curious as to what our top team for the current season would be. Im not sure exactly the set up and who will play where. Can the rest of the posters enlighten as to probable team and positions....example

Gilks/ (Fod)

Hodson/(Tav)            Hill           New            Wallace

Barton

Rossiter (Holt)              Haliday

Krancjer /(O Hal)                                          McKay/(Forres)

Dodoo/Wag/Millertime

player in brackets just miss out

Dunno who half these players are mate, sorry can't help. 

13 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Rossiter is a holding midfielder and Kranjcar is not a right sided attacker. 

yeah thats the input i was lookin for not sure of rossiter best position............i thought krancjer was attackin midfielder who can play left or right?

also re other comment....laugh if u like about tav but i see him as a liability and the defense needs tightened up...........for me tav is a poor mans hutton. Huttons achilles heel was he couldnt defend also

i dont rate fod

anyone put up their preferred lineup?

34 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Rossiter is a holding midfielder and Kranjcar is not a right sided attacker. 

what about

gilks

hodson         hill               new                  wallace

rossiter

barton                         krancjer (haliday

forrester                                              mckay

dodoo/wag/miller

nailed it this time

Looking at the players we have this year, and the manner in which Warburton has always said it is a squad game, I cannot see a standard starting 11. There are players there now who IMO will definitely be rotated, started/dropped depending on training performances.

Off the back of last season, if the form can be picked back up, Forrester is most definitely in and around the first team sheet as he was immense once he got up to match sharpness and gave us that something a little extra in the attacking third and was definitely not afraid to shoot.

With Kranjcar saying his preferred position being the #10 in behind the strikers I can see us lining up sometimes like:

Foderingham

Tav Hill/Wilson/Kiernen Wallace

Barton     Rossiter

Kranjcar

Forrester Waghorn  McKay

with the likes of Miller, Dodoo (if/when he signs), O'Hallaran interchanging along the front 3 and of course Holt and Halliday within the midfield.

Just because a guy is a new signing doesn't make him a likely start.

And for me Windass looks the likeliest to be on the team sheet out of them all given his impressive debut.

Think we need to wait until after the friendlies aka league cup, get Barton and Crooks up to speed in terms of fitness, and get Rossiter in from the junior euros to really get an idea of a best starting line up.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Just because a guy is a new signing doesn't make him a likely start.

And for me Windass looks the likeliest to be on the team sheet out of them all given his impressive debut.

Think we need to wait until after the friendlies aka league cup, get Barton and Crooks up to speed in terms of fitness, and get Rossiter in from the junior euros to really get an idea of a best starting line up.

I forgot about Windass and Crooks... bloody hell what a fantastic squad we seem to have assembled for this year!!! 

We are going to play 4-3-3 with a DM, not 4-2-1-3, not 4-2-3-1. Anyone who thinks Tav won't start is an idiot, he is an integral part to our side, aye he needs to improve defencively, but he is 24 and he was involved in 35 goals last season himself. 

5 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

We are going to play 4-3-3 with a DM, not 4-2-1-3, not 4-2-3-1. Anyone who thinks Tav won't start is an idiot, he is an integral part to our side, aye he needs to improve defencively, but he is 24 and he was involved in 35 goals last season himself. 

4-2-1-3 & 4-2-3-1 are just different variations of a 4-3-3. 

9 minutes ago, MolsGoals said:

Don't agree with the idea that Tav is untouchable, wish him the best for this season but as Warbuton said Hodson isn't here to make up numbers.

No one is saying he is untouchable, but Hodson certainly won't walk in to the team and Tav will need to do something drastic to get dropped considering how much he contributes to our team.