Ever got into a game without a ticket?

bunter

3 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Loads of times at games when I was younger, also remember our bus not having enough tickets for a league cup final against the sheep and one of the lads found a box of stewards vests outside hampdump and passed them around, about 10 of them including my auld man simply walked up to big gate and they were let in, as it was terracing then there was no problem, now though I can't be arsed with sneaking in , I didn't give a fuck when I was younger but now it's ticket or telly. 

Remember at titp one year I found 5 of the wrist bands lying on the floor where you got them out on. Paid for my whole weekend that wee find.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I used to see a few of those cranky cunts operating the turnstiles who wouldn't  let the kids through, but if you argued with them long enough they would give up for the simple reason the guys behind who were waiting to get in would start abusing them :lol:

Patience and persistence was the key at times  :thumbup:

Yeah I hear you Oz. You must have walked up to the turnstiles and you just walked in, there was no waiting, this was one of those days, crowd of about 18,000. So my old man never felt any pressure to get a move on and neither did the operator, as I say he eventually backed down. The League was over, the Bheggars were umpteen points ahead of us and couldn't be caught.

Have stood in line at games and you would hear " C'mon tae fuck, whits going on up there" pretty regular :)

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:03 AM, bgally said:

Mine were from about 1969 to 1973,i started paying when i left school and got a job.:D

My father used to lift me over from 1968 for a few years, but from memory I thought it got a lot more difficult after the Ibrox disaster as there were loads of kids who lived in the area in the ground without their parents knowing and Rangers clamped down on it. Maybe I just got too big so my dad had to start paying for me.

On a variation of the theme, I went to an Inverness v St Johnstone game about 15 years ago (both in 2nd tier at time) with some mates (families were having a weekend in Inverness in the May.)  1 of the guys had played professionally since the age of 16 and then went into management as manager and assistant manager for a few clubs and ended up as under 16 coach at Ibrox. As we approached the gate he pointed out that he was in his early 50s and had never paid to get into a football match in his life. In order to allow him to keep his record up I paid for him to get in.

We were hardly through the door and he was recognised by and ICT official and we were whisked off to hospitality and seats by the directors so worth the double payment.

21 minutes ago, Brubear said:

On a variation of the theme, I went to an Inverness v St Johnstone game about 15 years ago (both in 2nd tier at time) with some mates (families were having a weekend in Inverness in the May.)  1 of the guys had played professionally since the age of 16 and then went into management as manager and assistant manager for a few clubs and ended up as under 16 coach at Ibrox. As we approached the gate he pointed out that he was in his early 50s and had never paid to get into a football match in his life. In order to allow him to keep his record up I paid for him to get in.

We were hardly through the door and he was recognised by and ICT official and we were whisked off to hospitality and seats by the directors so worth the double payment.

Your wee mate at 50 seen you coming mate ... did he think no-one paid to go through the turnstiles or something? :lol:

I might try that myself

Kinda the same thing but has anyone got entry into a game with an unsued ticket from a previous game in the season? that works quite a lot done it a few times myself - then when I'm inside the ground give my mate with the tickets a wee text or phone to let them know I'm in OK and they can sell the one aside for me.

Sheep v us season 1986_87, we could win the league away to the sheep, couldn't get a ticket so went on the teddy bears bus fae Killie, stopped at a pub in Thornlibank to get some really good (fake) tickets from the true blue boys, got to Aberdeen went to a pub watched the stripper, got pushed and went to the ground, had to go up a lane where the police were checking tickets half way up, they said that mines was a forgery and  I said I had just bought in the town, he took it from me and when he turned to check my mates I darted by him up to the tunstyle, when I got there the next policeman asked where my ticket was and I said my mate was just getting them checked and will be here in a minute, as soon as he turned his back I jumped the turn style but the guy shouted for the polis, the cop grabbed my trailing leg but I knocked his arm away and and run up to the seats, I mixed in way the bears and after the game started I was burstin for a pish and making way to the toilets the cop who grabbed my leg was standing at the top of the stairs, I was bursting but couldn't go, we won the game and me and my brother in law had David Holmes on our shoulders , he was embarrassed to fuck but what a day Out.

Next time was at the piggery, a new year game, standing in the Q , this old steward was asking to see our tickets, I was holding a fiver and just waved it and he never noticed, at the turnstyle I threw the fiver down and the guy was shouting police police, I jumped over and scampered into the crowd.