Romeo Castelen

Muff

This is just another name that a forum member cleary rates highly or thinks would benefit our squad but have we ever been linked with him and are we ever likely to be? Probably not.

I still think there's a serious need for some sort of separation in the transfer Talk board to divide the "real transfers" from the "member speculation ones/never going to happen ones".

This is just another name that a forum member cleary rates highly or thinks would benefit our squad but have we ever been linked with him and are we ever likely to be? Probably not.

I still think there's a serious need for some sort of separation in the transfer Talk board to divide the "real transfers" from the "member speculation ones/never going to happen ones".

It wouldn't work mate.

I mean look at this forum only Naismith, Whittaker and McCulloch have been seriously linked to us, there wouldn't be enough traffic to justifyhavinga borad for confirmed only targets.

The speculating that goes on in here is, IMO, one of the best parts of this whole forum.

I agree. It's my favourite part of the whole forum when the transfer window is open and therefore the first I visit. But it's annoying coming in seeing new names that I'd love to see sign only to find that a member is simply "recommending" to the forum.

You could still sub categorise two boards within the Rangers Transfer Talk to seperate both transfer targets and pure member speculation.

"Sourced" (meaning players that have been linked with us and posters have a source). Such as the papers, internet, teletext, sky sports news etc should be classed as real transfers speculation "Sourced". Such as:

• Steven Naismith
  • Lee McCulloch
  • DaMarcus Beasley
  • Carlos Cuellar
  • Andy Webster W
  • Scott McDonald
  • Petter Hansson
  • Lee Hendrie
  • Roy Carroll
  • Grzegorz Rasiak
  • Pizarro
  • Faubert
  • Koumas
  • Sidwell
  • Whittaker
  • and so on

"Unsourced" could be the rest such as:

• Romeo Castelen
  • Juan Arango
  • christian wilhelmsson
  • Bellamy
  • and so on

...are just members speculatative suggestions. I understand if this is only me that would like this, so I'll zip it. :rolleyes:

agree..

ok i can post pish some times..but fletcher could be a target as he is known to smith through scotland

but castelen, we have no chance of signing him..

That just does not make sense!

agree..

ok i can post pish some times..but fletcher could be a target as he is known to smith through scotland

That just does not make sense!

i posted a thread about steven fletcher..

and i was backing it up there..

but castelen..

we have no chance off signing..

premiership teams will be on high alert anyway if he wants away and we cant compete with them

And Steven Fletcher is sh*te so I doubt Smith would go for him. How do you know we couldnt land Castelen? We managed to land Darcheville and Beasley and a few clubs were interested in them. He has been linked with PSG, Panathanikos, Parma, Torino and Boro.

agree..

It was Steven Whitaker we were supposed to be after. Whitaker is a right back/right midfielder, Fletcher is a striker.

Depends what you read

Paris Saint-Germain is bereid zo’n drie miljoen euro te betalen voor Feyenoorder Romeo Castelen. Wel heeft de club nog enige dagen nodig, omdat eerst een aantal spelers verkocht moeten worden.

Een daarvan is oud-Feyenoorder Bonaventure Kalou. Castelen mag bij Feyenoord vertrekken, omdat hij zijn contract tot medio 2008 niet wil openbreken en verlengen. Als de clubs tot een akkoord komen, lijkt niets een overgang van Castelen naar Parijs meer in de weg te staan.

End of the day we aren't linked to him and it was only a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
Hamburg SV signed Dutch midfielder Romeo Castelen to a four-year contract from Feyenoord Rotterdam for a transfer fee of 3 million euros

There we go, quality Dutch internationalist signed for around £1.5million, 24 years of age.

If we had a good scouting network then maybe we could find these type of players. Cheaper than what Whittaker will cost and a hell of a better player.