Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Any goals which came as a direct result of corner kicks?   How many shots on goal arising from moves which directly trace to a short corner?   How many corners were fired directly into the penalty box and not taken as short corners?  

Then again we still don't have the type of goal scoring striker - or other players - who would be a real threat in a penalty box by getting on the end of conventionally struck corner kicks.    If its still to be a strategy of the vast majority of corners to be taken short and play it from there our play retains a high degree of predictability which, imo, is not a good thing.    I still think we need the option of a tall strong goal scoring striker to give some variety to the pressure we create.   Without that, and if the % of short corners being converted into goals is not high enough then corners are not really a big threat in our attacking armoury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must one of the few who prefer the short corners.  I don't have any figures but my intuition is they are more successful than most Bears think.  They end up with a decent ball into the box or an attempt on goal at least as often as 'ordinary' corners. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Any goals which came as a direct result of corner kicks?   How many shots on goal arising from moves which directly trace to a short corner?   How many corners were fired directly into the penalty box and not taken as short corners?  

Then again we still don't have the type of goal scoring striker - or other players - who would be a real threat in a penalty box by getting on the end of conventionally struck corner kicks.    If its still to be a strategy of the vast majority of corners to be taken short and play it from there our play retains a high degree of predictability which, imo, is not a good thing.    I still think we need the option of a tall strong goal scoring striker to give some variety to the pressure we create.   Without that, and if the % of short corners being converted into goals is not high enough then corners are not really a big threat in our attacking armoury.

 

9 minutes ago, Briton said:

I must one of the few who prefer the short corners.  I don't have any figures but my intuition is they are more successful than most Bears think.  They end up with a decent ball into the box or an attempt on goal at least as often as 'ordinary' corners. 

I like the short corners but as FB suggests it won't take teams long to figure out a plan to stop them. Having the option to put a 'normal' corner wouldn't harm us, plenty of good attackers with heading ability that could also fit into our regular style of play.

 

Whether we can afford one good enough is another story.

Bound to be a bargain somewhere but I couldn't suggest one . Stopped watching lower league football couple of years ago.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

we are wastefull with corners, we cheer when the team gets one but more often than not we end up back at the halfway line after one. yes we don't have any 8ft strikers but corners dont need to be played in high, fire it in to the box, anything can happen . 

dont know any team that has an 8ft striker tbf

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orangeclement said:

 

I like the short corners but as FB suggests it won't take teams long to figure out a plan to stop them. Having the option to put a 'normal' corner wouldn't harm us, plenty of good attackers with heading ability that could also fit into our regular style of play.

 

Whether we can afford one good enough is another story.

Bound to be a bargain somewhere but I couldn't suggest one . Stopped watching lower league football couple of years ago.

Yes makes sense to mix them up a bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 12 May 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...