Dug ourselves a hole?

EMRFC

Anyone else feel we've dug ourselves in to a bit of hole when it comes to winning the league with the whole going for 55 stuff, especially with the card display today. I feel we should just quietly go about our business on the park rather than shoving "Going for 55" in everyone's faces. Now, I think we CAN win the league this year and we should aim for nothing less.

Last season it eventually became know (once we'd won the league) that the line being taken by MW and the squad was that they set out to 'smash' the league.   Now there's no way they'd have made that public at the start of the season - it would have wound other sides up and probably added a possibly unwelcome edge to games.   

So what has MW, DW and the squad set for themselves this season?   Is the MW phrase 'more than competitive' vaguely coded language for setting out to win 55 at first pass?   I originally took it to mean that.   But now I'm not so sure.   DK talks today about being 'competitive' and about 'competing with Celtic'.    The performance does not look like one from a side that has grasped the importance of the match today or the importance to the Support of 55.   

So they may not have dug a hole for themselves as such - 55 being then used by MW / DK / squad as aspirational rather than essential.    If that is the case then it sticks in the craw though.   Sticks even more when I think about DK's fabled statement of £30m, and the £30m of talent that left Ibrox that is nowhere near replaced.

Seasons aren't over after 1 game. Say hearts win tomorrow for instance doesn't mean they are going to win the title.

i honestly believe that if we can get 2 more signings (we all know what positions they are) then we will be going for 55 this year. Can we do it? Yes, but we need to massively up our game and intensity during games.

I'm pretty sure that Warburton and the players are targeting a title win this year, last year wasn't about just going up they wanted to smash it (which we did until after the semi final) so I'd imagine they want to win the title.

so with that in mind and how we played today much work needs to be done with the current players and in the transfer market.

Imo I don't think saying we are going for 55 has any positive or negative effect on the teams performance or where we will be come the end of the season, I would be totally shocked if any of these players thought that finishing mid table would be in anyway acceptable to the support. What I wont do is panic just yet, the optimist in me says that I would rather have the bumps at the start of the season than when we are closing in on the teams above us in Mar/Apr. Doesn't mean I am not disappointed in todays result, as I am. Would have been nice to put a bit of a marker down today :disappointment: 

33 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Anyone else feel we've dug ourselves in to a bit of hole when it comes to winning the league with the whole going for 55 stuff, especially with the card display today. I feel we should just quietly go about our business on the park rather than shoving "Going for 55" in everyone's faces. Now, I think we CAN win the league this year and we should aim for nothing less.

FUCK OFF