How would you feel....

Ryan_1

.....if we gave the three german teams a hiding and got decent results against Ajax and Chelsea.

What am trying to say is reading this forum and Rangers fans in general all seem low still from last season and I was wondering how most people would feel about our propects of the new season if we got the results as said above. I know its only pre-season but you've got to look at a sign of promise and a new era in Rangers!

MON THE GERS!!!!

I'd be happy, especially if we beat Mourinho and his Chelsea men. Would be good for morale and would mean that the players are settling into their new environment.

Yeah, I would be pleased.

Succesful pre-season games can be a moral booster for the players.

It means very little over the course of the season though.

I no longer subscribe to the notion of pre-season not meaning anything. It means a LOT imo.

PLG's last year was hideous, and reflected his season.

During pre-season, fitness is being built up and players are having to prove themselves all over again in light of new signings. And this is a blanket rule - why is it meaningless to go out and beat Chelsea?

It's NEVER meaningless to go out and beat Chelsea. And it is meaningful to see how the new signings blend in.

A good pre-season tends to reflect the possibilities for that actual season.

Always a worthwhile period for me.

I no longer subscribe to the notion of pre-season not meaning anything. It means a LOT imo.

During pre-season, fitness is being built up and players are having to prove themselves all over again in light of new signings. And this is a blanket rule - why is it meaningless to go out and beat Chelsea?

It's NEVER meaningless to go out and beat Chelsea. And it is meaningful to see how the new signings blend in.

I have said it before and I will say it again - I think we had a decent shout at the title this year before we singed one player. All pre-season is for me is seeing how the new guys bed into the team and also will be interested in what style/formation we employ

I have said it before and I will say it again - I think we had a decent shout at the title this year before we singed one player. All pre-season is for me is seeing how the new guys bed into the team and also will be interested in what style/formation we employ

if walter and his team had been in from the start we would have walked the title..

It's interesting that in 1986, Walter (alongside Souness) took the team on a pre season tour to Germany to play a bunch of amateur teams and a single game against a pro team (FC Solingen, Battenburg and Wurzburg, and a friendly against FC Koln). Would be pretty pleased if it had the same result in the season that followed :beer2: .

Tbh i always go into the season with confidence and expectation - perhaps I shouldnt, but Im a bear...Im arrogant...we ARE better than anyone else...im just expecting Rangers every year to prove it :)

Tbh i always go into the season with confidence and expectation - perhaps I shouldnt, but Im a bear...Im arrogant...we ARE better than anyone else...im just expecting Rangers every year to prove it :)

Kinda feel the same way, but last season was an AWFUL let-down. PLG - UGH!!

Fear a doing from Chelsea.I mean they wont be at 100% but will only have to be in 3rd gear to beat us anyway.Osasuna proved that last year twice.Need more players in.Not one of our team would get into Chelsea's.