Steven Davis on Twitter

EMRFC

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Correct so how can players then all be scabs for not transferring into the unknown?

Hindsight now may have seen some make different choices, as you say though it's a wonderful thing in many circumstances.

Players?  So we're not just defending Davis now it's the rest of the rhats?  doh 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, GOAT said:

Players?  So we're not just defending Davis now it's the rest of the rhats?  doh 

No I'm defending Davis in general, but hindsight as you pointed out could go wider.

The only two players I hold a grudge towards is Naismith n Whittaker for their conduct in that press conference and what they said.

For the rest, we dont know the reasons behind what unfolded, we will never know conversations had, legal advice given to players etc. 

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

That's what I'm thinking every time I read your shite.  The so called Rangers fan fucked off and left us in the lurch along with the other arseholes in the summer of 2012.  Fuck him.

... But then again you seems to hate everything to do with the club past and present. Moan moan moan. 

5 minutes ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

He is as big a traitor as Naismith and the others. I was massively disappointed at his actions and do not care where he ends up. Any time I see him on TV I am reminded that he chose to walk away. I thought he was True Blue, more fool me.

So so short sighted. 

In the same circumstances you would have done the same, however staunch you claim to b wit h your blue letters.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Did we not get a transfer fee from Southampton for him? Unlike McGregor and co who walked away for fuck all.

So to me he is not in the same bracket as McGregor and co who shafted us, it's the same with wee Aluko, he paid to come to us so I did not blame him leaving.  But Lafferty, Whittaker , Naismith , McGregir etc ever turn out for us again I walk away from Rangers as they are dead in my eyes and many many other fans eyes. 

The fee Southampton paid was peanuts compared to his value. They only paid it because Rangers were taking legal action to claim fees for the deserters. Aluko is the only name you mention who comes out with any credit as his contract had expired and hadn't been offered a new one.

Absolutely never stick up for any player leaving,even considering the circumstances that were put to them by a scoundrel and conman like CG,and you have to wonder what the players rep namely that cunt Fraser Wishart actually told them would happen as none have actually came out and said what they were told at the time. Feel free to correct me, but as far as I can remember the papers at the time said that Steven Davis refused to leave till Rangers got a fee. Still say that I'm not sure what I would have done in his position being responsible for a young family and not knowing what was going to happen the next day never mind a couple of years down the road. Steven Davis is the only one of the bunch I would have sympathy for if they came out and told us exactly what they were told and advised to do considering the legal side of things.

I was gutted when steven davis left us and in the manner in which he did. For anyone who is a self proclaimed diehard bluenose, to then turn around and leave the club and the fans in their hour of need is unforgivable. Yes there was a great deal of uncertainty surrounding how we would move forward, but there would be uncertainty in his new club also, he could not say for sure how his future would pan out where he moved to.

The one thing that would have been certain about his future was that there would always be a rangers for him to play for, a wage for playing for them and 52000 fans cheering you on every match, and that as a diehard rangers fan should always be more than enough.

1 hour ago, ranter said:

The fee Southampton paid was peanuts compared to his value. They only paid it because Rangers were taking legal action to claim fees for the deserters. Aluko is the only name you mention who comes out with any credit as his contract had expired and hadn't been offered a new one.

Aww ffs not again.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... But then again you seems to hate everything to do with the club past and present. Moan moan moan. 

Irony fuckin overload coming from you with your 'paranoid Protestant' pish and hating everything the club is about.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

How do you get away with continually posting that shit on here?

Because someone has a different viewpoint from you they hate Rangers?

You're a shit stirring arsehole.

Cracking wee player who'd still be here were it not for Sir Duped putting us in the shite.

Any transfer fee would likely have been pocketed and put towards Green's defence lawyers or Imran's fugitive fund.

Davis was no doubt advised to get out when these clowns appeared.

16 minutes ago, Ger_Scott said:

Cracking wee player who'd still be here were it not for Sir Duped putting us in the shite.

Any transfer fee would likely have been pocketed and put towards Green's defence lawyers or Imran's fugitive fund.

Davis was no doubt advised to get out when these clowns appeared.

wow - I knew our fans had short memories but that takes the piss.

There were certainly players who didn't give a second thought to Rangers and went on to further insult the club and fans with statements after they left. 

Davis isn't one of them imo. The reality of being in the shitty situation he found himself in was I'm sure not as straight forward as we all think. 

I hold no grudge against Davis Tbh and I'm positive that most of the people criticising him leaving would have done exactly the same thing in the same position.

2 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Irony fuckin overload coming from you with your 'paranoid Protestant' pish and hating everything the club is about.

If you're the good Protestant you alude to then surely Forgivness is a key tennant of your faith, as is love, kindness to others, turning the other cheek and all that? Or are you just one of them plastic Protestants? 

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

How do you get away with continually posting that shit on here?

Because someone has a different viewpoint from you they hate Rangers?

You're a shit stirring arsehole.

When I see certain posters continually having a go at our team, players and out management past and present, then yes I do wonder about them? My goodness, I am nothing but positive and get taig accusations so it's little wonder that when a poster is completely negative about us that I then wonder who is the supporter and whom not ! 

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If you're the good Protestant you alude to then surely Forgivness is a key tennant of your faith, as is love, kindness to others, turning the other cheek and all that? Or are you just one of them plastic Protestants? 

I forgive him but people need to be responsible and accept the consequences of their actions, too. To me that's not playing for us again.

6 hours ago, BF2 said:

Nobody expected any of the deserters to play in the lower leagues, but if he had waited just a few more weeks and TUPE'd over we could've got a fee for him without the goodwill of Southampton.  They didn't have to pay us anything, it was simply goodwill from them.  Other players like Edu, Goian and  Bocanegra (all full internationalists at the time aswell) had the good gracious to do this out of respect for the club and the fans.  Davis, along with the other so-called Rangers men like McGregor and Naismith, fucked off leaving the club in the lurch at a time when we were desperate for any kind of cash. 

Goian and Bocanegra also got pay-offs to leave early. Even when Bocanegra had a club lined up. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I forgive him but people need to be responsible and accept the consequences of their actions, too. To me that's not playing for us again.

Fair enough. If he was still able to okay, well I'd take him back for the 'good of the team'. I don't think he'll be back here tho. 

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Goian and Bocanegra also got pay-offs to leave early. Even when Bocanegra had a club lined up. 

These two annoy me too and nothing ever get's mentioned about it and people gush over Boca. They had no intention of staying with us for the journey (fair enough) but they went out on loan and then took half a million quid each in pay off's to quit then found new clubs anyway.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

These two annoy me too and nothing ever get's mentioned about it and people gush over Boca. They had no intention of staying with us for the journey (fair enough) but they went out on loan and then took half a million quid each in pay off's to quit then found new clubs anyway.

Exactly. I don't care anymore but they're not in the same boat as Edu.

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

When I see certain posters continually having a go at our team, players and out management past and present, then yes I do wonder about them? My goodness, I am nothing but positive and get taig accusations so it's little wonder that when a poster is completely negative about us that I then wonder who is the supporter and whom not ! 

These guys pay their money and are entitled to an opinion, as are you, however for you to say that means they hate Rangers or don't like following the club is stupid and not in anyway debating the point in hand. Davis is not a Rangers man and it was only a bit of class from Southampton that got us a fee for him.

You're supposed to be a Rangers fan yet you constantly treat individuals like they're bigger than the club. McCoist was a prime example and now Davis.