****Your official Dundee v Rangers thread****

AlCapone

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

Only caught bits of the game but what I did see is that our defence is weak. A central defender is a must before the window closes.

Also fail to see what Halliday brings to the game. Should be reduced to the bench and only used if need be.

When he went off we fell right out the game, thought Kranjcar was a passenger again and that led in part to Dundee camping in our half.

First half was good with the exception of the goal, secound half we were laboured in possession and we invited pressure, Rossiter looks a great player. 

Overall good result but the same issues in defence which need a commanding centre half.

Lads a couldnt remember the game drank alot on route to the game lol i just watched the full game back there a dnt hink we wur tht bad tbh. We had the team spirit which you cant buy our form will come good with time. 

Oh and the strips a belter i want it to send it over to my wee cousin in canada dain ma tits in this shit thts going on wae the strips. I feel for the young fans who are missing out.

Forrester didn't make it easy for himself against Dundee and he nearly cost us a victory in the match- his indiscipline was naive, and from an off-side position he robbed Barton from possibly scoring a goal to put us in a more comfortable 3-1 lead. I appreciate he took his goal well and that he has great natural talent, but I am beginning to wonder about his ability to play a full 90 minutes from the beginning of a match; either that, or he is more of an attacking midfielder and we should use him as an option there- I personally think he is more of an impact sub, it might we that is when he plays his best. I don't think the team did as badly as was made out; on the whole we controlled the match, and Dundee will be difficult for most teams in the division, especially when they are at home.

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

Forrester didn't make it easy for himself against Dundee and he nearly cost us a victory in the match- his indiscipline was naive, and from an off-side position he robbed Barton from possibly scoring a goal to put us in a more comfortable 3-1 lead. I appreciate he took his goal well and that he has great natural talent, but I am beginning to wonder about his ability to play a full 90 minutes from the beginning of a match; either that, or he is more of an attacking midfielder and we should use him as an option there- I personally think he is more of an impact sub, it might we that is when he plays his best. I don't think the team did as badly as was made out; on the whole we controlled the match, and Dundee will be difficult for most teams in the division, especially when they are at home.

What did you make of that McKay chance near the end was it an effort on goal or a pass? Was ragin about it as I had us for 3-1 

Just now, Johnny Dangerously said:

What did you make of that McKay chance near the end was it an effort on goal or a pass? Was ragin about it as I had us for 3-1 

If that was the chance where O'Halloran was in at the back post then I think he should have passed that. I thought McKay lingered less on the ball than he has done in previous games, but I still think he has to work on making incisive passes, quickly, to the attacking players more.