***Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just read a few posts above that every cross hit a Motherwell player. No wonder! They had all their 11 players in the last third for practically all the match. 

We have good players now - every team in this league knows that and defends against us accordingly. If we don't fall a goal behind like our last two home games then someone's gonna get a doing. 

I'm looking forward to the Sellick match. They're at home and have to come out to play. I think that will fall right into our hands. 

Folk keep saying we can only get better, really? We can quite easily not have gotten the result today.

You only have so much luck, and we seem to be living on it at the moment.

As others have said there are big problems and they need to be addressed NOW otherwise our season could be a big let down.

7 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Folk keep saying we can only get better, really? We can quite easily not have gotten the result today.

You only have so much luck, and we seem to be living on it at the moment.

As others have said there are big problems and they need to be addressed NOW otherwise our season could be a big let down.

I disagree. I actually think we've been fairly unlucky so far this season, and it's a bit of quality that's getting us results. 

We had the ball in the net after about a minute, hit the post, lost Waghorn and went down to 10 men against Hamilton, should have been about 4 up against Dundee by halftime with them down to 10 men for O'Dea's kick out and then got the result yesterday by continuing to battle for the full game and a bit of brilliance from Krancjar. 

I don't consider scoring late to be lucky. 

Agree wi Graeme4,I don't see how we've been lucky? If they get chances and the keeper makes saves then he's doing his job,all part of the game.

If we score late to win the game it's because we battle til the end,as it should be.

Don't see where we've been handed any advantages thru poor Reffing either.

9 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Agree wi Graeme4,I don't see how we've been lucky? If they get chances and the keeper makes saves then he's doing his job,all part of the game.

If we score late to win the game it's because we battle til the end,as it should be.

Don't see where we've been handed any advantages thru poor Reffing either.

Agreed with the refs. Got nothing off of Madden yesterday. 

Although maybe Forrester should have been off against Dundee. 

Seeing those highlights, when Wallace takes that clever ball from McKay why does the attacker not anticipate what Wallace is going to do; what does he think he's going to do when he is in the box? The most frustrating thing about yesterday was that time and again we had no one taking up a central position around the six yard box when the ball or a cross was being played in. And when Wallace played that ball in the attacker should be getting in front of their defender. Edit: I looked at that again and again it was Halliday instead of Miller; what was that about yesterday? That wasn't the first time Halliday was in the position you would hope to see Miller in.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, wilberforce1 said:

Interviewer to McGhee : " So, Mark , a hard game, but you lost in the end. How do you feel it went?"

McGhee: "Celtic, for me, are still, by far, the best team in Scotland".

was that a touch of sour grapes or an attempt to noise us up, if its the latter tell him joey barton gives wind up lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays, mean after all its all about the teeth and the tan.

I think if O'Halloran can get his confidence levels up he will be unstoppable. He's clearly not believing in himself that much at the moment, the 1 on 1 showed that and also he kept going missing yesterday.

It's either low confidence or he doesn't want to be here because there's a very good player in there somewhere 

11 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think if O'Halloran can get his confidence levels up he will be unstoppable. He's clearly not believing in himself that much at the moment, the 1 on 1 showed that and also he kept going missing yesterday.

It's either low confidence or he doesn't want to be here because there's a very good player in there somewhere 

He needs a run of games, can't be easy coming on as a sub most of the time