***Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

I watched the majority of Celtic's 5-0 win against Motherwell the other week and McGhee's side, as expected, lay down to them. He changed his formation to a 5-4-1 with Johnson supporting McDonald when they rarely attacked. McGhee sacrificed one of his biggest attacking threats in Lionel Ainsworth and this allowed Celtic to dominate possession cause Motherwell countless problems. I'll be surprised if he sets his team up like this against us tomorrow.

He will revert to the 4-3-3 and look to hit us on the break with their pace down the wings. When we faced them in July they tried to expose Tavernier and had their finishing been better they would have scored one or two goals. Now that Barton and Rossiter look like guaranteed starters for us just now I would imagine that they'll cover both full backs when they are causing Well's defence problems going forward. With the Lescott deal off and the Garner deal not due to be complete in time for the game I would imagine we will start with the same XI that beat Dundee 2-1. The only issues I have with this is the balance in midfield. Andy Halliday didn't have his greatest game and was subbed after an hour, but he doesn't offer us the drive that a Holt or Windass offers (with both unfortunately injured at the moment). So I expect Halliday to start with Kranjcar coming on after an hour again. But what I would like to see Warburton do would be to put Forrester into that position and start either Dodoo or MoH on the right. We are all still waiting on MoH to show us some of the form he had at St Johnstone but his final ball just hasn't been up to scratch so far. He's better suited in a counter attacking team with his pace rather than a team with a possession based philosophy such as ours.

Prediction - Rangers 2-1 Motherwell, Miller double.

I'd like to see Dodoo start tomorrow, as he's on the front of the programme for the game tomorrow, it would be a bit of a bummer if he didn't.

Time to concentrate on what we have and I think and hope that Dodoo will be a good signing for us.

I'll try a 3-1 against Motherwell, secretly hoping it will be a lot more.:D

Hopefully this is where we start to settle and kick on now, excitement and pressure of the opening day and our first tough away trip under our belts. Start playing to our standards and intensity again, and get ourselves a comfortable, convincing win. That said though, this game embodies what we're up against this year. It's an absolute fact that teams will be more up for it against us than against Celtic. We have no choice but to deal with it.