***Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match thread ***

RFCRobertson

4 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Shut the fuck up about Israel and Palestine you're just as embarrassing as that fucking lot. Jesus Christ, we're about to play our third league game back and you cunts think you've got one of the most complex territorial conflicts in history worked out by chance of the football team you support. Fucking geez peace.

:541: :lol:

First game of the season for me due to Illness, really looking forward using my season ticket and sitting in my little bit of blue heaven today.  Normally GOTO to Ibrox by car with my 12 year old son but not well enough to drive yet.  Booked a couple of seats on the local supporters bus, Wil be a great experience for the wee man.  Really confident for a comfortable victory today and a superb performance from the team.

We need a performance here. Hamilton game went really flat and we struggled to hold on at Dundee. Between these two and the League Cup there have been enough games to start to show what we can do so the team really have to up it. 

At them straight from the start and no let up for 90 mins

1 hour ago, falwheel said:

First game of the season for me due to Illness, really looking forward using my season ticket and sitting in my little bit of blue heaven today.  Normally GOTO to Ibrox by car with my 12 year old son but not well enough to drive yet.  Booked a couple of seats on the local supporters bus, Wil be a great experience for the wee man.  Really confident for a comfortable victory today and a superb performance from the team.

Hope your on the mend mate and you and your wee bear enjoy the day out!! 

Looking forward to a good performance today, competition for places is fierce so everybody should be fired up and fighting to get in that team. 

Good news that Windass is back today, really liked the look of him in the first few league cup games. I doubt he'll start but hopefully get 30 minutes

I think Warburton will go with

Wes

Tavernier--Kiernan--Wilson--Wallace

Barton--Rossiter--Halliday

Forrester--Miller--McKay

Personally I'd start Holt over Halliday if he's fit and also Dodoo over Miller

Looking forward to this one today.

Motherwell should have been basically out of sight in the first half the last time we played them but they never took the chances and when we got out of bed we ran out worthy winners in the end (even if it took 2 pretty good strikes to get through them). Today's match I'm hoping will give us a better idea of the distance between us as I don't expect another first-half horror show.

I'm particularly interested to see us continue the more direct attacking play (more impetus going forward) that we started to show against Dundee, there's no doubt in my mind that if we are to hit 5th gear against the Tims then we have to remember and sharpen up that aspect of our play; if we do so Toure will have nightmares because he appears particularly weak in his positioning/chasing quick 1-2's and through balls.

Assuming Harry starts on the right I'd like to see us roll with O'Halloran through the middle and see what he can do running on to through balls (I feel he could be Rod Wallace material, I honestly do). I'm not, however, expecting to see Miller dropped so that's likely to remain a little fantasy of mine until such times as the managers hand is forced.

3-0 would be an improvement going forward and an improvement in defense and so that's what I'm hoping for today.

46 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Good news that Windass is back today, really liked the look of him in the first few league cup games. I doubt he'll start but hopefully get 30 minutes

I think Warburton will go with

Wes

Tavernier--Kiernan--Wilson--Wallace

Barton--Rossiter--Halliday

Forrester--Miller--McKay

Personally I'd start Holt over Halliday if he's fit and also Dodoo over Miller

Forrester for Halliday and put O'Halloran or Dodoo up front.