All quiet on the Western Front

dummiesoot

Would like to see a few more in for going to Germany on Thursday, cant see it tho.

Walter's first season. Pre-season tour to Germay in 86. Mid tour, a certain Terrry Butcher was signed. Would love something like that to happen again.

Would like to see a few more in for going to Germany on Thursday, cant see it tho.

Walter's first season. Pre-season tour to Germay in 86. Mid tour, a certain Terrry Butcher was signed. Would love something like that to happen again.

Agreed - That would be MAGIC!

:craphead:

Agreed - That would be MAGIC!

:craphead:

Nah terry butcher is way to old now :craphead:

Seriously though it would be good if something like that did happen

May have been when he put pen to paper but the transfer was agreed in Mexico. Souness was dropped from the Uraguay game for missing training. He was at the England camp making agreements with Butcher and Woods.

Scource: Terry Butcher and Chris Woods. I flew back on the same flight from Mexico with the England team wearing a Rangers Top and they came over and asked if they would be accepted at Ibrox being English. I still have the autograph from Chris Woods saying The first autograph I've signed for a Rangers Supporter but certainly not the last.

May have been when he put pen to paper but the transfer was agreed in Mexico. Souness was dropped from the Uraguay game for missing training. He was at the England camp making agreements with Butcher and Woods.

Scource: Terry Butcher and Chris Woods. I flew back on the same flight from Mexico with the England team wearing a Rangers Top and they came over and asked if they would be accepted at Ibrox being English. I still have the autograph from Chris Woods saying The first autograph I've signed for a Rangers Supporter but certainly not the last.

If only there had been an RM forum then you could have had an exclusive :D

Woods was on the tour, as was Colin West :ohmy: and Avi Cohen. Butcher's (public) announcement happened during the tour as we had to pester Souness for confirmation. Seem to remember no one believing him :)

Happy days