English Football

Clemdog

34 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Remember when Liverpool were absolutely hounded for spending 30 odd million on Mane? Probably get about four or five times that for him now.

Probably the best striker in the world at present.   Comes onto the pitch with 20 to go and stands out in a team that is streets ahead of the rest. 

8 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Probably the best striker in the world at present.   Comes onto the pitch with 20 to go and stands out in a team that is streets ahead of the rest. 

Which of the front three do you prefer?  Genuinely would take Firmino ahead of the other two

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Which of the front three do you prefer?  Genuinely would take Firmino ahead of the other two

Firmino does things that others don’t.  Put a player similar to Firmino in the Rangers team and we wouldn’t have the problems we have against bus parkers.  Firmino drags defenders out of position and creates space for others, drops deep to receive the  ball and then makes a telling pass, has trickery inside the box,  can shoot with either foot with next to no space and converts a fair number of headers.  All in all a fairly impressive performer. 

Salah is the weakest of the front three.

3 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Firmino does things that others don’t.  Put a player similar to Firmino in the Rangers team and we wouldn’t have the problems we have against bus parkers.  Firmino drags defenders out of position and creates space for others, drops deep to receive the  ball and then makes a telling pass, has trickery inside the box,  can shoot with either foot with next to no space and converts a fair number of headers.  All in all a fairly impressive performer. 

Salah is the weakest of the front three.

Put lewandowski, Suarez or kane in the current Liverpool team in place of Firmino and they win every game in every competition. I know they mostly have, but you must see what I mean. 

imagine that haalend in your front three 

10 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Put lewandowski, Suarez or kane in the current Liverpool team in place of Firmino and they win every game in every competition. I know they mostly have, but you must see what I mean. 

imagine that haalend in your front three 

With Liverpool it’s about finding the right player for the system.   Every Liverpool player has massively increased in value because they have developed their role to meet the needs of the team.   A a case of synergy with the collective whole being more than the sum of the parts.  

Now apply the same principle to Rangers. Before the break we were playing as a collective whole.  Players worked together to make the system work and people were quoting big values for individuals. 

Since New Year the collective whole has fallen apart.   Players look a fraction of their worth only two months ago. 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

In the past two days I’ve seen newspapers declare that Ben Godfrey is a “50 million rated defender” and Jack Grealish be described as an “80 million rated midfielder”

English Football is a joke man.

I've never heard of ben godfrey and I'm  no even joking 

2 hours ago, Steelydan1690 said:

I've never heard of ben godfrey and I'm  no even joking 

Plays for Norwich. Personally speaking I don’t know how a centre half for the worst team in the league can ever be worth 50 million  even if he is talented and highly rated