English Football

Clemdog

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Agreed.  Hate the fact that wee shitey clubs, clearly well run, but have something like a 12k stadium getting £100m and buying players that are 10x the value we shop for. 

Yep, it was fun the season they got promoted due to the underdog story factor but when you have shitey no mark clubs like that paying £20mil for players like Solanke they just get on my nerves.

10 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Goal line technology is in play tho? ,y was in chopped off ?😂

Goal line said no goal. VAR then didn't intervene, despite seeing it over the line.

Goal line technology explained that it was due to the ball being covered by the goal keeper and goal. Meaning it was the first time it had happened in all the games it had been used. 

Mental that VAR didn't just give the goal.

20 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Villa stay up because this wasn't given as a goal. :lol: :anguish:

Ed3hmpCXYAYQPCw?format=jpg&name=small

Forgot about this! Absolutely incredible VAR didn’t overrule it seeing as it was clear as day the goal line technology had failed. Imagine being a Bournemouth fan knowing if it wasn’t for this they would still be in the prem 😂

10 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Goal line said no goal. VAR then didn't intervene, despite seeing it over the line.

Goal line technology explained that it was due to the ball being covered by the goal keeper and goal. Meaning it was the first time it had happened in all the games it had been used. 

Mental that VAR didn't just give the goal.

Wow ffs what's the fucking point having all this fancy shite when they canny get that right

On 26/07/2020 at 00:44, johanhentze said:

Im not sure what your point is.. he isnt really a 5s player. He has been superb for the team that won the league.

He has been good, but my point would be make it an 11 aside game, make it a CL Final, Semi Final, World Cup Final, any regular league game - under none of those circumstances would about 97% of the football viewing public pick Henderson before De Bruyne, 

I on occasion can run pretty fast, and run well above what is expected of me, and that is admirable but that alone doesn't mean I would then beat or be better than Usian Bolt the same logic does sort of apply when talking about Henderson, even at his best and accounting for the season he has had, De Bruyne has still been better, by a considerable distance even despite the team that won the league, it is an individual award. 

29 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

He has been good, but my point would be make it an 11 aside game, make it a CL Final, Semi Final, World Cup Final, any regular league game - under none of those circumstances would about 97% of the football viewing public pick Henderson before De Bruyne, 

I on occasion can run pretty fast, and run well above what is expected of me, and that is admirable but that alone doesn't mean I would then beat or be better than Usian Bolt the same logic does sort of apply when talking about Henderson, even at his best and accounting for the season he has had, De Bruyne has still been better, by a considerable distance even despite the team that won the league, it is an individual award. 

Won it and played the final twice...

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Won it and played the final twice...

Meh... decent players make Finals and win things, just a bit shrug of the shoulders at that one really, leads back to whole Djimi Traore thing, he has won a CL medal it doesn't make him a better player  than Chiellini, Cannavaro or Thuram or even mean he put together better individual performances than them.