English Football

Clemdog

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

He has been good, but my point would be make it an 11 aside game, make it a CL Final, Semi Final, World Cup Final, any regular league game - under none of those circumstances would about 97% of the football viewing public pick Henderson before De Bruyne, 

I on occasion can run pretty fast, and run well above what is expected of me, and that is admirable but that alone doesn't mean I would then beat or be better than Usian Bolt the same logic does sort of apply when talking about Henderson, even at his best and accounting for the season he has had, De Bruyne has still been better, by a considerable distance even despite the team that won the league, it is an individual award. 

But what does the individual bring to the team that won the Premier League and Champions League??? Well, he makes them tick and is essential. Outstanding contribution to the team that won the most prestigious competitions going.. KDB might be a "sexier" player, but the two have completely different roles.. could KDB do what JH does? 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

But what does the individual bring to the team that won the Premier League and Champions League??? Well, he makes them tick and is essential. Outstanding contribution to the team that won the most prestigious competitions going.. KDB might be a "sexier" player, but the two have completely different roles.. could KDB do what JH does?  

With his range of passing, 100%.

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

A water carrier who can break up play and make a pass - aye quite easily, I don't think their roles are that removed personally De Bruyne just does it far more in a far more effective way. 

39 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I dont agree.

fair enough, would say there is an oversimplification and equally oversimplification of midfielders these days to both highlight what some players do well, and mask what many others don't, De Bruyne is just the complete midfielder would easily live in a 4-4-2 having to play all court football rather than having a team shaped to highlight what he does well. 

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Some player. Only a handful of better left backs in the league than him over the past 10-15 years.

Arguably should been given a chance as England’s number 1 left back sooner, by the time he got ahead of Ashley Cole Baines was getting on a bit himself as well 

Normally I would say that is petty but Bournemouth have a point. Human error cannot be prevented or helped sometimes but the whole point of VAR was to prevent things like that happening and that failure is the software has directly contributed to them being relegated from the league.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Normally I would say that is petty but Bournemouth have a point. Human error cannot be prevented or helped sometimes but the whole point of VAR was to prevent things like that happening and that failure is the software has directly contributed to them being relegated from the league.

I’d imagine it’s fairly frivolous legal action tbh. I haven’t read the specific clauses for the EPL but most sports have a provision for on-field calls standing where technology fails.