English Football

Clemdog

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wilshere was a level above any name you mentioned :lol: Boy bossed two of the best to play in midfield at 18/19. Ruined by injuries, Dele Alli is still 24 and will go to a very good team.

Yes, for what?. A season, 18 months at most?. We've all seen 'superstar kids' fade. And Wiltshire was fading BEFORE his injuries. Alli is a quality player, but was/is also overhyped by the media down south, as they always do. A player down there has a vg/great season, and suddenly they are equal to the best in Europe/the world. The English media never learns. I've seen it for decades. Barkley is another, good but nowhere near as good as he was hyped up to be. Now he's out on loan. When the media a few years ago, had him as the midfield general a team could be built around, and that included England. 

Believe me, none of the above could touch Durrant at 18/19. Or Derek Ferguson. Or Barry. Or Paul McStay for that matter. 

Overrated is what it means: good players overhyped as great players. When they arent.

4 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Yes, for what?. A season, 18 months at most?. We've all seen 'superstar kids' fade. And Wiltshire was fading BEFORE his injuries. Alli is a quality player, but was/is also overhyped by the media down south, as they always do. A player down there has a vg/great season, and suddenly they are equal to the best in Europe/the world. The English media never learns. I've seen it for decades. Barkley is another, good but nowhere near as good as he was hyped up to be. Now he's out on loan. 

Believe me, none of the above could touch Durrant at 18/19. Or Derek Ferguson. Or Barry. Or Paul McStay for that matter. 

Overrated is what it means: good players overhyped as great players. When they arent.

Stop.

It wasn't just English media that seen how good he was and how good he could be though, and he wasn't fading before his injuries.