English Football

Clemdog

He’s not a flop but at the end of the day Pep was brought in to win Man City the Champions League and he hasn’t got anywhere close to it. 

Considering that, plus the money he’s spent, I actually think he gets an easier ride from some people than he would if he was any other manager who had done the exact same job at City that he has.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Id argue any other manager who got over 100 points in England(that we were told was impossible) and won 2 out of 4 leagues and various other trophies would get far more credit.

People forget he took over a side who finished 4th on goal difference and only won half their 38 league games, was an ageing squad that needed a rebuild.

Last season was a disappointment but Liverpool got 99 points. Extremely hard to beat that.

CL has been a failure but theres far too much importance on that tournament. Ferguson won it twice in over 20 seasons! Luck plays a huge part, look at Chelsea win for example.

As for money, look how much United have spent and they struggle for top 4. Barcelona spend a lot as well. 

City have to overpay on players and its ignored Guardiola has not got his first choice signing on numerous occasions.

People calling him flops are morons. 

Ireland in trouble for the old up the RA music vs England.

Was played to fire them up apparently.

Kenny might lose his job and Duffy might be set up to be kneecapped 

But seriously the FAI are investigating what was played before the game 

I still think he’s underachieved based on what was expected of him when he came in.

City’s owners want one thing at this point - the Champions League - and they literally spent years putting an entire infrastructure and team in place to get the club ready for Guardiola to come in, transplant what he did at Barca and take them to the next level in Europe and he hasn’t really done that so far despite being successful domestically.

Obviously it’s on a far grander scale at City, but how Pep has done is not too dissimilar to how I would judge/rate Dick Advocaat’s time with us in the sense that they both done very well domestically but their remits also included taking the clubs to the next level on the European stage and arguably falling short of achieving that (I know people are going to debate that point about us especially because we weren’t helped by an absolute cunt of a draw in 99/00 in particular).

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I still think he’s underachieved based on what was expected of him when he came in.

City’s owners want one thing at this point - the Champions League - and they literally spent years putting an entire infrastructure and team in place to get the club ready for Guardiola to come in, transplant what he did at Barca and take them to the next level in Europe and he hasn’t really done that so far despite being successful domestically.

Obviously it’s on a far grander scale at City, but how Pep has done is not too dissimilar to how I would judge/rate Dick Advocaat’s time with us in the sense that they both done very well domestically but their remits also included taking the clubs to the next level on the European stage and arguably falling short of achieving that (I know people are going to debate that point about us especially because we weren’t helped by an absolute cunt of a draw in 99/00 in particular).

I hate to say this mate but other than Liverpool not one of the epl mob have what it takes to prise that from bayern imo

12 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I hate to say this mate but other than Liverpool not one of the epl mob have what it takes to prise that from bayern imo

I don’t think any team in Europe  have what it takes to take it from Bayern right now tbh.  They are miles ahead of everybody else and all the clubs who possibly could have problems that Bayern don’t IMO.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I don’t think any team in Europe  have what it takes to take it from Bayern right now tbh.  They are miles ahead of everybody else and all the clubs who possibly could have problems that Bayern don’t IMO.

Ifs like they can just play with any team.

Look at Salzburg, up 1 0 then 2 2 then lost 6 2 :lol: