English Football

Clemdog

On 15/01/2021 at 17:16, simplythebest said:

35 feels a bit early to be retiring these days but guess he has been playing first team football since 16 so been a long career

He peaked way too soon. Zlatan was destroying Italy prior to his injury at 39 this season, and Rooney went shite in his late 20’s.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Brainless stuff mate. I'm prepping dinner so haven't seen all of it but Fulham looked more than in it too.

I’m a Chelsea fan and it’s depressing watching them atm. No penetration in the final third and looking cagey as fuck passing it about in defence. The team has no confidence at all currently. 

9 minutes ago, frenv said:

I'm convinced that Lampard picks his teams using a bingo ball machine, filled with the squad numbers.

He doesn’t have enough experience to be managing a top level team. He only got the job due to the transfer ban.

it’s a shambles atm. Wouldn’t be surprised if Tuchel replaces him soon 

4 minutes ago, Ariel Ortega said:

He doesn’t have enough experience to be managing a top level team. He only got the job due to the transfer ban.

it’s a shambles atm. Wouldn’t be surprised if Tuchel replaces him soon 

Yeah with the amount of money spent there’s no much excuse for him now, the top of the league is so much more open this season as well so Chelsea could be missing a genuine opportunity 

Fulham were the better team in the first half, the red looks like it could turn out to be the deciding factor now though. Would still be papering over the cracks at Chelsea. I couldn’t even tell you how they are trying to play under Lampard at times but it’s not working.