English Football

Clemdog

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

This rule is nuts. It hits both players arms on the halfway line ffs 😂. That’s absolute madness. 

Strange decision, if it is brought back to  that incident then should be a free kick to Liverpool for the handball that caused the handball!

11 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Im guessing lloris will play a blinder when the spuds play City... He is a  Fucking clown when he plays against Liverpool... 

Spurs usually play a good game against City.  That CL game a couple of years ago will live in the memory,  excellent night at the Etihad for us neutrals. 

I get why this could never be implemented but the league has been far better for the injuries to Van Dijk, De Bruyne and a lesser extent Aguero, it has helped narrow the gap and made teams vulnerable. it has also added to the fun of it, I like seeing coaches having to be innovative, use their resource and be clever and creative in what they have to do with their sides rather than just chucking in another excessively bought resource,  managers showing why they are so talented. 

I would apply a similar train of thought to both Arsenal and Man U as well, the squads were never ever as shite as was made out - Arsenal absolutely should be pushing for a CL place with that group Man U should be pushing for the league with their side. 

There are far too many instances of teams just looking for excuses around shit form and it always tends to be just buy another player in the league rather than actually drilling in on and working with the groups they have. 

On 28/01/2021 at 09:18, Dennis Reynolds said:

Solskjaer at times reminds me a bit of McLeish when he was with us in that even when he was winning you would still have replaced him in a heart beat if a better manage was going to come along as you just knew somewhere inside you it was never far away from going to shit*

* I like and respect McLeish for his league wins clearly, but I never ever fully trusted him as a Rangers manager. 

I know exactly what you're talking about. The big man's a legend. The high's were amazing but the low's were the lowest you could possibly feel.

38 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I know exactly what you're talking about. The big man's a legend. The high's were amazing but the low's were the lowest you could possibly feel.

I'd probably agree with that tbh if 2012 to around 2016 never happened :lol:

3 minutes ago, RfcSevco said:

I'd probably agree with that tbh if 2012 to around 2016 never happened :lol:

I actually thought the lows under big Eck were worse because they were just so, I dunno, out of context? 

Went into the 05-06 season brilliantly, beat them convincingly, expected to win the league or at least challenge and then finished 3rd. 

Whereas 2012-2016 we weren't really expecting anything.

Just now, King Jela said:

I actually thought the lows under big Eck were worse because they were just so, I dunno, out of context? 

Went into the 05-06 season brilliantly, beat them convincingly, expected to win the league or at least challenge and then finished 3rd. 

Whereas 2012-2016 we weren't really expecting anything.

Honestly mate losing 3 1 at home to Annan, Stirling albion beating us without their manager at the game, going to extra time.way Brechin, qots scudding us, alloa 2 0 up in the pawn what you own cup only to lose 3 2. Motherwell play off drubbing etc.

The list is endless man.

Ecks last season was awful but after fir park that day I never knew if we'd back or not. 

Just now, RfcSevco said:

Honestly mate losing 3 1 at home to Annan, Stirling albion beating us without their manager at the game, going to extra time.way Brechin, qots scudding us, alloa 2 0 up in the pawn what you own cup only to lose 3 2. Motherwell play off drubbing etc.

The list is endless man.

Ecks last season was awful but after fir park that day I never knew if we'd back or not. 

Honestly, under McCoist I was never surprised, really, at any of those results. Apart from his last season we knew we were getting promoted anyway. I never expected anything under McCoist/McDowell and was never surprised at those results. His last season as well. After losing the opening game to Hearts, at home, I knew we were going to shit.