English Football

Clemdog

The records continue to tumble for Pep Guardiola’s City!

MENS TEAM

Pep praise for 'magnificent' Fernandinho

We won all nine of our competitive fixtures in January, the most by a team in the top four tiers of English football in a single month since the formation of the Football League in 1888.

It was a remarkable month, one that saw us move from eighth to first in the Premier League, qualify for the FA Cup Fifth Round and move into our fourth-successive Carabao Cup final.

We scored 24 goals and conceded just two in the process, winning six Premier League games, two FA Cup fixtures and a Carabao Cup semi-final at Old Trafford. 

And Guardiola believes the lockdown measures introduced to slow the spread of COVID-19 makes the achievement even more notable.

“No travel, everybody at home in lockdown, we cannot express ourselves and go to restaurants – and to achieve what they have achieved it is remarkable, more than any other period in our lives,” he said.

“I didn’t expect it. In the meeting I said to the players ‘congratulations, it is remarkable what you have done - all of you. But now keep going. Go home, rest and now Burnley'”.

💙🇬🇧😎😉

On 31/01/2021 at 19:06, Goianegra said:

Me brain actually melts listening to pundits try and understand why Bale is shit and defend him non stop because he had a good season 8 years ago.

Its the 'greatest league in the world' (TM). Nobody overhypes players like the English media.