English Football

Clemdog

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not a Man U fan but surely they must be in with a shout of winning the EPL this year.? If Shaw, McGuire & Pogba continue their Euro form and if they sigh Varane & Sancho, they will have a very good chance. No?

No

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's strange that his stats are absolutely world class but I'm kind of the same. I've seen him a decent amount of times and he's never really impressed especially for England, even against Ukraine his performance was nowhere as great as what was made out.

If the lad was world class City would have kept him tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Or maybe he has progressed since leaving City?

I never said the boy was pish. 

He wanted assurances he would play a specific amount of minutes. Pep and City said he would have to earn those minutes. That was a challenge he didnt seem to like. He and his agent then orchestrated a move away. City then dropped him from the pre season squad and Dortmund came in for him. 

Or

City were so raging he wouldn't join the taigs to improve his chances of playing for City that they then begged him to stay. But Dortmund snapped him up instead. 

It all depends on what narrative you want to believe. 

If he was also World Class then surely in training with England he should have shown he was a definete starter rather than a nominated penalty taker. 

Nothing against the lad at all. Just hope he is a flop at man u. 

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

I never said the boy was pish. 

He wanted assurances he would play a specific amount of minutes. Pep and City said he would have to earn those minutes. That was a challenge he didnt seem to like. He and his agent then orchestrated a move away. City then dropped him from the pre season squad and Dortmund came in for him. 

Or

City were so raging he wouldn't join the taigs to improve his chances of playing for City that they then begged him to stay instead. But Dortmund got jim instead. 

It all depends on what narrative you want to believe. 

If he was also World Class then surely in training with England he should have shown he was a definete starter rather than a nominated penalty taker. 

Nothing against the lad at all. Just hope he is a flop at man u. 

Does this apply to Foden as well? 

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Does this apply to Foden as well? 

In what way..? Foden was carrying an injury. And has never been linked to the taigs. 

I'm sure Sancho, Foden and Doyle were to be fast tracked into the City first team squad. Sancho left. Foden is a wonderful prospect who I expect to be even better this season coming. Its been more difficult for Doyle to get minutes which is a shame for him. 

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

In what way..? Foden was carrying an injury. And has never been linked to the taigs. 

I'm sure Sancho, Foden and Doyle were to be fast tracked into the City first team squad. Sancho left. Foden is a wonderful prospect who I expect to be even better this season coming. Its been more difficult for Doyle to get minutes which is a shame for him. 

Doyle the boy who’s two grandas played for City?

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

You said if Sancho was world class he would force his way into the England team, I'm asking if this logic applies to Phil Foden who I've seen you wax lyrical about plenty of times.

14 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

You said if Sancho was world class he would force his way into the England team, I'm asking if this logic applies to Phil Foden who I've seen you wax lyrical about plenty of times.

If a few posts about Foden are deemed as waxing lyrically then you are being far too kind tbh. 

Foden and Sancho both probably suffered from Southgates tactics. But had Foden been fit then he would have been starting (or 1st sub) against Italy the other night. 

I'm sure plenty of other posters have been as equally impressed with Foden though. So im no sure where you are trying to take this. 

If our opinions are opposite then we can agree to disagree. It's only my humble opinion. Never said I was right. 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

If a few posts about Foden are deemed as waxing lyrically then you are being far too kind tbh. 

Foden and Sancho both probably suffered from Southgates tactics. But had Foden been fit then he would have been starting (or 1st sub) against Italy the other night. 

I'm sure plenty of other posters have been as equally impressed with Foden though. So im no sure where you are trying to take this. 

If our opinions are opposite then we can agree to disagree. It's only my humble opinion. Never said I was right. 

Just think it's funny you will use Sancho being left out as a reason to put him down but not Foden