English Football

Clemdog

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Deserves it for even trying it. Cunts would get murdered going that in Glasgow. 

Big hard mancs taking their frustrations out on a wee lad.  That’s about their level.  There was a big fat manc next to us who was nearly crying when the fifth went in below us.  Sure he sussed out we were all grinning at him.   Ole must stay.

United have deep rooted problems that go way beyond the next managerial appointment. Until they sort these out they will continue to struggle.  And they are paying the current squad ludicrous wages so any new manager wanting to refresh the squad is going to have problems.

Having said that United do have some decent players, but are tactically inept.     

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Giving Mata a new deal was absolutely ridiculous. 

They should get rid of/lose Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Cavani and Grant in the summer. 

Ronaldo, DDG, Heaton, Matic, Jones, Shaw, Fred, Rashford and Dalot have one year contracts left come the summer. They should be trying everything to sell 5/6 of those.

I know United fans think they have one of the best squads in the league, but as usual their deluded, I would say they have around 8/9 players maximum good enough to be playing regularly and competing for titles. 

I think their squad is really unbalanced.

32 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Giving Mata a new deal was absolutely ridiculous. 

They should get rid of/lose Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Cavani and Grant in the summer. 

Ronaldo, DDG, Heaton, Matic, Jones, Shaw, Fred, Rashford and Dalot have one year contracts left come the summer. They should be trying everything to sell 5/6 of those.

I know United fans think they have one of the best squads in the league, but as usual their deluded, I would say they have around 8/9 players maximum good enough to be playing regularly and competing for titles. 

Thought mata retired years ago 😂

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It would probably be one of Conte or Zidane. When you think about it, there really aren’t too many elite managers about at the moment are there?

That's what I was thinking myself and why I asked the question haha. Strange times in football atm.

5 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

That's what I was thinking myself and why I asked the question haha. Strange times in football atm.

After Zidane (who I think will end up at PSG eventually) and Conte, who are you looking at as the sort of biggest names?

Martinez seems to be main name that gets linked with the big jobs, but I’m still not convinced he’s even that good of a manager either. Paulo Fonseca seems to be mentioned a lot too, but again, does he have the potential to go to that level?

Theres guys like Rose, Marsch, Amriom and Hutter who have reps but they aren’t ready for the elite jobs yet.

After that, it’s really slim pickings. Who’s the best younger coach in England right now for example? Lampard or Scott Parker maybe?

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

After Zidane (who I think will end up at PSG eventually) and Conte, who are you looking at as the sort of biggest names?

Martinez seems to be main name that gets linked with the big jobs, but I’m still not convinced he’s even that good of a manager either. Paulo Fonseca seems to be mentioned a lot too, but again, does he have the potential to go to that level?

Theres guys like Rose, Marsch, Amriom and Hutter who have reps but they aren’t ready for the elite jobs yet.

After that, it’s really slim pickings. Who’s the best younger coach in England right now for example? Lampard or Scott Parker maybe?

Potter in terms of English managers.

Seen a few wanting the Ajax manager

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Brendan Rodgers.....

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Tricky situation. Could end up with another Ole situation if they don't get a big enough name and the players just don't respect him. 

A new manager would need a full summer to get rid of the deadwood and utter shite they have in the squad. They could end up having to stick with Ole til' the end of the season out of default.