English Football

Clemdog

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Tricky situation. Could end up with another Ole situation if they don't get a big enough name and the players just don't respect him. 

A new manager would need a full summer to get rid of the deadwood and utter shite they have in the squad. They could end up having to stick with Ole til' the end of the season out of default. 

I think right now they need a big name so it’s going to be one of Conte or Zidane. Although saying that I thought they needed a big name when they got Mourinho and that wasn’t great either. They are just a total mess really aren’t they? There isn’t a quick fix.

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

United have deep rooted problems that go way beyond the next managerial appointment. Until they sort these out they will continue to struggle.  And they are paying the current squad ludicrous wages so any new manager wanting to refresh the squad is going to have problems.

Having said that United do have some decent players, but are tactically inept.     

£80 million on Maguire. Nobody is convincing me that Rocky Dennis doppelganger is good enough to get into a league or CL winning squad, never mind first team.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I think right now they need a big name so it’s going to be one of Conte or Zidane. Although saying that I thought they needed a big name when they got Mourinho and that wasn’t great either. They are just a total mess really aren’t they? There isn’t a quick fix.

To be fair Mourinho was on a downward trajectory, as was LVG. Big names but past it by the time they signed for Man United. Maybe that boy from Ajax? He's, kinda, on the way up and at least shown he can deliver but aye, like you say, it won't be a quick fix. 

Whisper it but........maybe, just maybe Rodgers? 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

To be fair Mourinho was on a downward trajectory, as was LVG. Big names but past it by the time they signed for Man United. Maybe that boy from Ajax? He's, kinda, on the way up and at least shown he can deliver but aye, like you say, it won't be a quick fix. 

Whisper it but........maybe, just maybe Rodgers? 

On paper Rodgers is a very strong candidate. There would surely be no way he would be accepted though? :lol: