Preston Fan on Joe Garner

PNEFCFAN

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It's all to do with his no surrender attitude,he is a modern day Terry Hurlock,never a great player but would run through brick walls for the cause. Tims don't support broonaldo because he's a skilful cunt but because of the effort the fucker puts in. Would you prefer Garner or the pre hearts game McKay who hid and was being referred to as a shitbag? Amazing what a couple of wins can do to alter people's opinion. As someone once said "it's a funny old game"

Hurlock and Brown have/had footballing ability tho. 

The way people are going it's like he's Dado Prso mk2 cos he gets into cunts 

hes a god awful footballer even if he is a different option for us up front 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Harsh, you obviously don't rate him for whatever reason, but god awful footballer? behave ffs

I like what he brings to our team, it works and imo he will prove to be a top signing for us.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree(well apart from the brown having football ability bit) but fans will always cheer on the guy who gives 100%. I don't think anyone is seriously thinking that Garner is anything other than a grafter with an attitude that some of our more skilful players could do with. We are in a position now where fans grab any positive going,and right now Garner is a major positive who has galvanised the whole team. Is he the new Dado,sadly not even in the same stratosphere 

Just now, pcbear said:

Harsh, you obviously don't rate him for whatever reason, but god awful footballer? behave ffs

I like what he brings to our team, it works and imo he will prove to be a top signing for us.

He is a god awful footballer - some Rangers fans live in dream land these days 

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's actually a decent footballer IMO. Not anything special but he has a brain and is constantly making intelligent runs (which our midfielders are too shite to pick up on) 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He's actually a decent footballer IMO. Not anything special but he has a brain and is constantly making intelligent runs (which our midfielders are too shite to pick up on) 

I'll look out for that mate next time if I spot that I'll change my opinion on him a bit 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The paedos are the best team in Scotland right now, playing in the UCL etc and they don't even have a striker as good as Dado Prso was (referenced by your earlier post). Those days are long gone and we won't be picking anyone up in that calibre for £1.8m unless we're unbelievably lucky 

edit: but in that same breath, I know we're in agreement over the markets we should be looking in. Doesn't look like the club are in sync with that.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'll look out for that mate next time if I spot that I'll change my opinion on him a bit 

I sit in the club deck and whilst it's cramped as fuck, expensive and has a shite atmosphere, the one good thing about it is you can see everything on the pitch really well. 

Cunts lose perspective but. Folk around me always shouting about a ball that was on and I'm sittin there like mate it's Andy halliday on the ball not Xabi Alonso :lol: 

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Kai, in no particular order I give you Kyle/Velicka/Ostenstad/Beattie/Sandaza/Sebo/M Henderson / Robertson/Urquhart/Daly/Scott (Ally) that's a list off the top of my head of what I would call god awful footballers playing the same position as Garner, you are the only one comparing him to Prso, Joe Garner is a good clever footballer, miles away from god awful.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's clearly not awful. He's more than good enough to be effective at SPL level.

His movement is good, he occupies defenders giving the other 2 forwards and 3 midfielders space. He can hold it up and he's effective in the air (something we lacked before he came). 

His combatative and aggressive attitude is always going to endear him to supporters who like to see someone give every ounce of themselves out on the pitch. 

I'd suggest that anyone who is baffled by him becoming a cult hero kind of figure doesn't really understand the nature of football, and in particular, football fans. 

The bottom line is we are finally putting some results together, playing slightly better football, getting some players back from injury, others rediscovering their form and Garner is improving with each game.

It's certainly better than it was a few weeks ago.

42 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Any credibility you had disappeared with that statement im afraid.

You may not be fan but to say he is god awful is laughable

It's a good job im not after internet credit from people with usernames I don't even recognise 

heaven forbid you think the new fans favourite is pish 

I'll say something it was only two weeks ago the whole forum was saying he was a waste of money 

he's not played any different these last two weeks the difference is we've won these couple games and that clouds the fans judgement 

If you read a few posts back I started by saying I don't get the hype then was told no he's good - just let it be - I think he's pish so what? I'm not a forum icon who's opinion counts for more 

I think most of the team is pish individually - I'm just mentioning Garner because there's a ridiculous amount of hype at the moment for him 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I sit in the club deck and whilst it's cramped as fuck, expensive and has a shite atmosphere, the one good thing about it is you can see everything on the pitch really well. 

Cunts lose perspective but. Folk around me always shouting about a ball that was on and I'm sittin there like mate it's Andy halliday on the ball not Xabi Alonso :lol: 

I didn't appreciate the view I had in the club deck until I sold my seat and got a new seat in lower Copland. Awful view, thankfully moved now on to main stand wich is better but still not as good as club deck was.

I admire his fight but he still isn't good enough I'm afraid. Goals win games, not winning headers 30 yards from goal. And while he is great at that, he is not going to score anywhere near enough goals for us.

I've grown to appreciate him but he's not the striker we need. Some of his finishing and shots from distance have actually been awful. 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Still can't get my head around this new found cult hero status - it's seriously baffling me 

Said this the other day, that I think that for those that are actually at the games it fair easier to appreciate him. 

Lots of what he brings, the little nuances, the aggression, the individual battles, the effort, is probably quite hard to pick up from a dodgy non-HD Rangers tv stream that purely follows the ball. 

That reaction he got coming off against Hearts was like nothing I'd heard at Ibrox in a while for an individual player. It was like saying to him 'we are with you in this battle'. I loved it. 

I don't think he'll be a 20 goals, a year man, but a solid 10-15. 

He's a fighter and a leader, and is terrific in the air. All three that we lack at times. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Said this the other day, that I think that for those that are actually at the games it fair easier to appreciate him. 

Lots of what he brings, the little nuances, the aggression, the individual battles, the effort, is probably quite hard to pick up from a dodgy non-HD Rangers tv stream that purely follows the ball. 

That reaction he got coming off against Hearts was like nothing I'd heard at Ibrox in a while for an individual player. It was like saying to him 'we are with you in this battle'. I loved it. 

He's a fighter and a leader, and is terrific in the air. All three that we lack at times. 

I can appreciate the gist of that - as I said to psb I'll start paying more attention to that side of him and I might change my mind a bit 

I do agree he offers us a physical presence upfront which you do need in Scotland especially against Celtic ... even Sebo was pish but Smith's first old firm game back at Parkhead he dropped Boyd and played Sebo upfront and it worked 

I'm just saying I don't think he's a good footballer - his ball work and link up play is rotten IMO 

1 hour ago, DerekJohnstone said:

I'll put a guy who gives a 100% before a guy who he thinks he's good a game anyday........they don't win games when your up against it.

Yeah got to give the boy that much. He won't hide no matter the situation. He has the sort of pride that makes that unacceptable to him whatever team he is with. A bit like Kenny in that sense. I like the boy and think he'd maybe be decent with someone in and about him but it will be difficult for him to score 20 a season with the skills he has and the full team defences we face. I expect he will go on little goal scoring runs and help the team but he will also often go 3 weeks without scoring. That's won't be good enough when we're strong again. Will still be a good squad player to have though just to shake things up.

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's a good job im not after internet credit from people with usernames I don't even recognise 

heaven forbid you think the new fans favourite is pish 

I'll say something it was only two weeks ago the whole forum was saying he was a waste of money 

he's not played any different these last two weeks the difference is we've won these couple games and that clouds the fans judgement 

If you read a few posts back I started by saying I don't get the hype then was told no he's good - just let it be - I think he's pish so what? I'm not a forum icon who's opinion counts for more 

I think most of the team is pish individually - I'm just mentioning Garner because there's a ridiculous amount of hype at the moment for him 

So you are after internet credit is what you saying? But only by people whos name you recognise...so really just looking for acceptance from your forum pals? Lol

I think he is overrated by some but i dont think he is pish you said definitively he was a "god awful footballer".

What club do you scout for again?

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Aye that's a good point mate as you always get a better perception of a game by being there. I agree he'll beat 10 every season but not sure if that's good enough once we improve. I like the boy though and would keep him if he does settle into being a good squad player. All about improving the whole squad over time. Good thing about Garner is that he's seen the rough arse end of football down south and is more likely to stay and see out his days with us.