Too MANY signings?

Danny

I think we have made a lot of signings with probably another 2 or 3 to come.

Sure, that may suggest we have too big a squad (compared to last season's threadbare version) but I'd like to think it's because we're building a team for the future whilst making sure we're fully covered in case the younger guys struggle initially.

The point has already been made in previous threads regarding the relatively young average age of the squad and the costs incurred of having more players may be offset against the potential we have of these guys.

At the same time, we still have a few experienced players to nurture the younger guys and if we can make another 2 first choice signings then it's up to the fringe guys to perform well enough to get into the team. Competition is always healthy.

I always welcome lots of signings but when some of them are donkeys like McCulloch, Gow, Carroll and Broadfoot etc it means hee haw

Saw him in his games against us and a few against other teams and he just looks like any other run o the mill player and thats what youz saw also.....

Not RFC standard just Falkirk standard and nothing else

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember correctly, wasn,t Davy Cooper only a Clydebank donkey at one stage.

Wasn,t Jim Baxter only a Raith Rovers donkey as well.

FFS give the guys a chance,everybody has to start somewhere,if they don,t make it,so what.

On the other hand we might just be talking about the next Baxter,Cooper,Law etc,.

If your attitude was typical we would only sign one player every 10 yrs. when we had enough money saved for

Ronaldo, Pele, Best etc,.

If I remember correctly, wasn,t Davy Cooper only a Clydebank donkey at one stage.

FFS give the guys a chance,everybody has to start somewhere,if they don,t make it,so what.

On the other hand we might just be talking about the next Baxter,Cooper,Law etc,.

If your attitude was typical we would only sign one player every 10 yrs. when we had enough money saved for

Best is dead. :rolleyes:

:D I know what you mean mate, and totally agree everyone has to start somewhere.

Silly comment of the day goes to you coz....

Jim Baxter was outstanding before he came to RFC and the same applies to DC...they stood out a mile thats why they were signed

I think it is important to have a big squad.

The problem over the past couple of years has been when a player is injured he's been covered with complete crap.

Now it looks brighter. When one of our players is injured it is looking likely that he'll be replaced with cover of equal quality.

The future looks bright lads

The problem over the past couple of years has been when a player is injured he's been covered with complete crap.

Now it looks brighter. When one of our players is injured it is looking likely that he'll be replaced with cover of equal quality.

equal quality.....Mmmmmmm ????

That boy just beat you to silly comment of the day, this would have been your third win and you could have kept the title :lol:

Silly comment of the day goes to you coz....

Jim Baxter was outstanding before he came to RFC and the same applies to DC...they stood out a mile thats why they were signed

I do believe that was the point he was trying to make.

In reference to JB and DC they played for lower league teams before joining us and look how good they were.

The same could be arugued for our other signings

equal quality.....Mmmmmmm ????

That boy just beat you to silly comment of the day, this would have been your third win and you could have kept the title :lol:

Mate the only person that comes out with silly comments are you. I've yet to see you show any worth whatsoever to this forum.

But explain further who wont be of equal quality. Of course you can't, because you don't know.

Why not stop stop posting silly things and actually take part in the debate. Silly, silly boy :D

8 in. Klos, Prso and Rae gone another keeper out on loan. Sionko will probably go with perhaps Buffel and Papac all of a sudden our squad is not much bigger than last year.

but we're still looking to buy more. And with Klos, Prso, svensson gone. Probably Sionko. Not heard anything other than Buffel being in WS plans nor have I heard anything on Papac leacing.

That's four gone. Eight brought in so far and by look of it still looking for another two

I think that is a big squad

8 in. Klos, Prso and Rae gone another keeper out on loan. Sionko will probably go with perhaps Buffel and Papac all of a sudden our squad is not much bigger than last year.

but we're still looking to buy more. And with Klos, Prso, svensson gone. Probably Sionko. Not heard anything other than Buffel being in WS plans nor have I heard anything on Papac leacing.

That's four gone. Eight brought in so far and by look of it still looking for another two

I think that is a big squad

Gavin Rae has gone and also the 3rd string keeper gone on Loan for a year. 2 keepers in 2 keepers out.

Just throwing this one out there...

Chelsea have discovered last season the problems of having too many players. They ended up with guys not performing, such as Shevchenko and Ballack, and a real lack of obvious spirit on the pitch. Guys like Ferreira, a WC right back, were dropped in favour of Bhoularouz, likewise the excellent Bridge dropped for the mediocre Cole.

Is there a danger of bringing in too big a squad and having an awful lot of unhappy players? We've brought in 7 players, and we want more. We're going to have a lot of unhappy forwards; Novo, Sebo, Boyd, Buffel, Gow, JCD and McC can't all have a game at the same time.

Is this the way forward? Or is the balance about right?

Too many average signings, Added to what was already an average bunch of footballers.

Still, the only real quality player Rangers have is Barry Ferguson.

I just hope Cueller, Beasley and JCD do not fail to deliver, Or we are in big trouble.

If anyone should be worrying about this it's Celtic and not us. IMO our squad has been weak sizewise for years and only now are we getting near the size of squad we should have.

How are Celtic going to keep all their strikers happy for example???