• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Metal epic:  

The   most maligned genre of music,sneered at by bedsit bedwetters..fuck them!  

Cliff showing how it's done,my favourite ever clip of him,a bass masterclass 

Posted Images

When I was at school I was in a metal band called Osmium ... the story goes we were looking for a name one day when we were sitting up the back of the chemistry lab with a periodic table on the wall behind us and someone had the bright spark what was the heaviest metal  ... and the rest as they say wasn't history :lol:

On 29/08/2016 at 00:49, tannerall said:

For me heavy metal is just a phase people go through for a period of somewhere between 3 and 5 years, or up to  50 years depending how long motorbikes, and wearing leather and denim are important to their lifestyle. Was a big Van Halen, Aerosmith, ACDC fan for a few years, but lost interest when the second generation British metal bands came along, and was finding most metal bands to be a parody of the genre. Or maybe Spinal Tap was the nail in the coffin........there comes a time you realise it's just noise and posture and Led Zep did it all previously. There are only so many similar sounding drum or guitar solos you can take in a life time.....

Try humming any heavy metal tune, doesn't really work..

Got to disagree. I'm 53 and I'm still listening to Rock and Metal and loving every second of it, but I listen to all sorts of other stuff too.

And while I don't really humm much I can certainly whistle along to Rammstein and Maiden.

thebluedoo likes this
  • 5 weeks later...
On 30/07/2018 at 11:50, big blue Fin said:

Fucking love it. 

But would love to hear both that and this on match day.

I'm a massive Maiden fan, but hate that song!  I mean, lyrically it's great......musically it just sucks big balls imo.

On 30/07/2018 at 12:02, thebluedoo said:

Fucking love that!

superkai and thebluedoo like this
  • 2 weeks later...