UEFA Payday

this cant happen again this year they got mills more cause of their CL run if we miss out on CL cash again the gap will stretch too far ....noticed the back of te Rhecord gloating about it

what annoys me is they missed out on Europe completly one year but still got ahead.. our CL cash went into outer space

this cant happen again this year they got mills more cause of their CL run if we miss out on CL cash again the gap will stretch too far ....noticed the back of te Rhecord gloating about it

what annoys me is they missed out on Europe completly one year but still got ahead.. our CL cash went into outer space

Read that while I was waiting to get my haircut. Figures are poles apart really £350k against £10.5m I think for both European campaigns last season.

Shows the huge difference between making the group stages and not making them for this season, if we make it that figure for Celtic would drop by around £2m automatically as last season they got the full whack from the telelvision as the only Scottish side represented (Hearts dont count as they went out in the qualifying stages).

Biggest shock in the article aside from the intital figures though is that Sevilla ended on £4.5m for winning the UEFA cup but Celtic were easily ahead of that figure by just reaching the group stages.

These figures dont take into account gate receipts etc. (not sure how big a difference there would be as I dont have attendence figures to hand for our games, can anyone remember if the tickets for CL games involving ourselves are more than Uefa Cup games?).

Read that while I was waiting to get my haircut. Figures are poles apart really £350k against £10.5m I think for both European campaigns last season.

Shows the huge difference between making the group stages and not making them for this season, if we make it that figure for Celtic would drop by around £2m automatically as last season they got the full whack from the telelvision as the only Scottish side represented (Hearts dont count as they went out in the qualifying stages).

Biggest shock in the article aside from the intital figures though is that Sevilla ended on £4.5m for winning the UEFA cup but Celtic were easily ahead of that figure by just reaching the group stages.

These figures dont take into account gate receipts etc. (not sure how big a difference there would be as I dont have attendence figures to hand for our games, can anyone remember if the tickets for CL games involving ourselves are more than Uefa Cup games?).

'Biggest shock in the article aside from the intital figures though is that Sevilla ended on £4.5m for winning the UEFA cup but Celtic were easily ahead of that figure by just reaching the group stages.

'

yeah that doesn't seem fair when you see all the graft that goes into getting to the final

im sure i read somewhere we had made an extra million or so by selling tv rights?

Yeh, teams in the Uefa Cup can negotiate their own tv deals whereas teams in the CL cant. So the £350,00 would be topped up with whatever we got from tv wheras septics is included in their overall payment :)

im sure i read somewhere we had made an extra million or so by selling tv rights?

Yeh, teams in the Uefa Cup can negotiate their own tv deals whereas teams in the CL cant. So the £350,00 would be topped up with whatever we got from tv wheras septics is included in their overall payment :)

That is how I believe these figures have been sensationalised, Celtic's does include TV revenue as it comes as a complete package, ours does not include our TV deals, probably in the region of a few million, why let the full truth get in the way of a good story

That is how I believe these figures have been sensationalised, Celtic's does include TV revenue as it comes as a complete package, ours does not include our TV deals, probably in the region of a few million, why let the full truth get in the way of a good story

Yeah this posted months ago and there was a link that said we made £6.5m including all TV rights, which is a bit more than £350k but why let the facts get in the way

Still better be in the champions league and get £10m this year

If it was 6.5m I'd imagine that would include gate receipts which the 10.5m figure doesnt as otherwise it would mean we made £6m in Tv rights which is more than Celtic did for the CL.

But if you take it being around the same figures for gate receipts then i reckon total income, using some guesswork, would be the £6.5m for ourselves and £15-16m for Celtic, taking 4-5m as gate receipts (around an average of £30 a ticket which is probably about right taking into account some people dont pay and some will pay more than that).

Which I think would be about right for us as well say 4-5m for gate receipts and 1-2m for tv deals with £350k prize money (I think we played at least one more home game but that included Partizan where there was nothing to play for).

Both figures wouldnt take into account merch and snacks and costs involved etc. but I think it would work out that the CL is about 3 times more profitable than the Uefa Cup, seems about right, not quite as sensationalist and takes a fair amount of conjecture to get both figures but still would show the difference in making the CL group stages and how important it is this season.

Also shows that making the group stage probably makes as much prize money as winning the SPL.

If it was 6.5m I'd imagine that would include gate receipts which the 10.5m figure doesnt as otherwise it would mean we made £6m in Tv rights which is more than Celtic did for the CL.

But if you take it being around the same figures for gate receipts then i reckon total income, using some guesswork, would be the £6.5m for ourselves and £15-16m for Celtic, taking 4-5m as gate receipts (around an average of £30 a ticket which is probably about right taking into account some people dont pay and some will pay more than that).

Which I think would be about right for us as well say 4-5m for gate receipts and 1-2m for tv deals with £350k prize money (I think we played at least one more home game but that included Partizan where there was nothing to play for).

Both figures wouldnt take into account merch and snacks and costs involved etc. but I think it would work out that the CL is about 3 times more profitable than the Uefa Cup, seems about right, not quite as sensationalist and takes a fair amount of conjecture to get both figures but still would show the difference in making the CL group stages and how important it is this season.

Also shows that making the group stage probably makes as much prize money as winning the SPL.

if both Scotland's team'smake the CL then the money gets halved, say around £2.3M each, which is just about the same as winning the SPL, obviously progressing further makes pots more money.