XBox Live Connection Problems

Davy

When I test my XBox Live Connection it keeps saying that my IP address has failed.

Anyone had similar problems and/or know how to fix it ?

first of all, what is your xbox connected to? router, modem, pc?

Modem mate.

have you set up your IP address from your PC?

I've no got a clue, my mate was playing about with it tonight... I'll ask him to post in this thread to say what is wrong.

ok cool, if you go to 'network connections' and then right click local area connection, and then properties, then in the general tab scroll down until 'internet protocol', then properties again. does it say 'obtain IP address automatically'?

ok cool, if you go to 'network connections' and then right click local area connection, and then properties, then in the general tab scroll down until 'internet protocol', then properties again. does it say 'obtain IP address automatically'?

Aye mate, that wee box is ticked.

He said the IP address is set to automatic....

ok, well set an IP for that, for example, 192.168.100.1, then set the IP address on the xbox to 192.168.100.2

before that though, is your modem always on? or do you have to create the connection when you log on to windows?

ok, well set an IP for that, for example, 192.168.100.1, then set the IP address on the xbox to 192.168.100.2

before that though, is your modem always on? or do you have to create the connection when you log on to windows?

My modem is always on.

Your talking to a complete idiot though, so you have to explain what you mean... I've no got a clue! :lol:

My modem is always on.

Your talking to a complete idiot though, so you have to explain what you mean... I've no got a clue! :lol:

haha, well, when you log on to windows, before you go on the internet, do you need to dial anything? or are you automatically connected? sounds like the latter.

My modem is always on.

haha, well, when you log on to windows, before you go on the internet, do you need to dial anything? or are you automatically connected? sounds like the latter.

Automaticlly connected.

if it is automatically connected, then set EVERYTHING to auto, ie, the PC and xbox. it should work, it obviously doesn't if your having trouble.. i'll need to think about this one.

I typed my computers IP address manually and the IP thing confirmed when I tested the connection... but now the DNS has failed. Fuck knows what that means!

if the DNS has failed then, go to where u changed the IP, change the default gateway to the IP of your PC, and then the same with the 'preferred' DNS server.

if the DNS has failed then, go to where u changed the IP, change the default gateway to the IP of your PC, and then the same with the 'preferred' DNS server.

I done that but now the IP address thing has failed!

I done that but now the IP address thing has failed!

no idea mate, I could help you if I was at your computer but it's difficult over the internet. I'll think over it tonight, hate connections etc etc :ph34r:

When I type in my proper IP address it is failing.

It was only passing the IP address thing when I had my IP address with the last digit changed from a 6 to a 7, and fuck knows why it done that in the first place.

But when my proper IP address is typed in then it fails and a bubble pops up on the bottom right on my computer saying some pish like "There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

Can you just clarify this please, Ryan....

Will I type in that very address you have said, or do I make up my own ?

Why is the one on the XBox different ?

Cheers mate.... I don't have a clue!

try the one I've given you, then make the xbox IP the same but except the 1 change that to 2.

it basically bridges them together, it needs to be different because if it was the same it would conflict and.. well, wouldnt work lol. I did this with mine, changed the default gateway to the PC's IP address (192.168.100.1, also remember to manually do this on your xbox as well) and it worked. I can't think what could be wrong with yours, I ain't the most knowledgeable about this but I know a few things. It's difficult to think what could be wrong when you can;t see for yourself if you know what I mean?

try the one I've given you, then make the xbox IP the same but except the 1 change that to 2.

it basically bridges them together, it needs to be different because if it was the same it would conflict and.. well, wouldnt work lol. I did this with mine, changed the default gateway to the PC's IP address (192.168.100.1, also remember to manually do this on your xbox as well) and it worked. I can't think what could be wrong with yours, I ain't the most knowledgeable about this but I know a few things. It's difficult to think what could be wrong when you can;t see for yourself if you know what I mean?

Cheers for you help mate, I appreciate it.

I'm going to get my mate to come down and help me do it soon I think, he's more knowledgeable with computers than me.