Barton

RyanRfc

5 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

I don;t understand why any player should be judge on how they look at the players of the opposite team during the handshake? 

The full team was shit mate. Stick Lahm in there on Saturday and we'd have still been shite. The whole team bar a few don't seem like they're Rangers quality, including a few 'Championship superstars' who have been found out in the SPFL.

Look at the differences in the performances and the result. Dean Windass was the only stand out for us. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Fans and players alike south of the border think the SPFL is much much easier than it is.

Sure, our league lacks quality and money compared to England, but it's so much more physical up here. Players with skill often don't get the chance to show their skills, as they're bullied off the ball, which is why skills get you nowhere in Scotland if you're soft, skinny and weak. 

Barton has found out that it isn't a walk in the park up here, we all know that he thought it was going to be easier than it has been, but at the same time I think he gets way too much stick at times. I've seen him deliver some lovely through-balls and passes in games which go unnoticed by many on here, who only seem to want someone in particular to blame and it's always him. 

To be fair hardly any of our teams play European football after August so it's a fair assumption that the league is rubbish ... look at Hearts for example getting put out by a Maltese team :power_of_anguish:

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

To be fair hardly any of our teams play European football after August so it's a fair assumption that the league is rubbish ... look at Hearts for example getting put out by a Maltese team :power_of_anguish:

That very true mate and I am not saying it's not shite, but not as shite as it's made out to be. We have a lack of skill so players just go flying in. 

14 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

That very true mate and I am not saying it's not shite, but not as shite as it's made out to be. We have a lack of skill so players just go flying in. 

It is worrying if players are looking to come up here for semi-retirement and probably even more worrying that the manager can't see the danger signals (starting pre season late because of media work has to be a big red flag) 

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

It is worrying if players are looking to come up here for semi-retirement and probably even more worrying that the manager can't see the danger signals (starting pre season late because of media work has to be a big red flag) 

Yes and I believe MW also underestimate the SPFL teams and thought he'd get away with keeping our current defence. By the time he realised it wasn't happening, the window was almost shut. 

6 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Yes and I believe MW also underestimate the SPFL teams and thought he'd get away with keeping our current defence. By the time he realised it wasn't happening, the window was almost shut. 

I'm really not sure if it's him or King because we did play quite a few premier league teams last season so Warbs should have known what he was going to be up against after the summer

Joey Barton is a 34 year old sitting midfielder.

He's not the player 6-8 years ago where he flew in to tackles and in people's faces, he's a completely different player.

Yeag I thought he'd maybe control more games for us but he's not the combative player anymore  everyone is expecting.

Apart from Windass the whole team had accepted defeat before the game started. We were pish simple as that. Barton would look good if he was playing in a decent side and the truth is we are currently in a bit of a mess. 

Ive been shocked at how he's been stumbling about the pitch and I think he's been caught out a bit with the pace of the game in Scotland. Not pace in a good entertaining football way but the usual 100 mph Scottish crap. 

Might be that he does just need games but he's been a let down so far

Just now, Thermopylae said:

I'm really not sure it it's him or king because we did play quite a few premier league teams last season so Warbs should have known what he was going to be up against after the summer

I know mate, I don;t understand why so many defenders though, now we have people not being played, and if we did play everyone in the MID evenly it would be a new midfield every week. We still havent found our strongest 11 and it's annoying now. 

22 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I know he was doing that euros stuff with talksport, but he missed a good chunk of pre-season training, including the trip to America. He missed the betfred game against Motherwell too but was sitting in the stands, then came on as a sub against Annan.

I can't honestly say it would've made any fucking difference, but he should've been there earlier.

Is it not the case that he couldn't go to America as they would not have let him in - convict?

2 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Is it not the case that he couldn't go to America as they would not have let him in - convict?

Fuck - just a pity he didnae show the same fighting spirit against the taigs. Fought 3 players, punched another and battered somebody in training equals 3 FA charges. Add to that 2 prison terms for assault (one suspended). Typical we get him when he moves into his pink and fluffy phase. Explains the no show in America.

Barton is not suited to our kind of fooball up here he is like Nico  you would need to slow the game down to walking pace for them to shine they would be better used against lesser teams if there are any lesser teams the way we have been playing for a while

Our Manger hung the so far under whelming Joey big time out to dry as the only defensive midfielder in team. That coupled with playing him as s centre back when Sendros was red carded,  only intensified the pressure on him.

Barton has under performed so far and our manger knows it. I would have benched him and took the heat out of the Lego muncher hype. That would have sent a message to Barton that it's the manger who speaks and runs the club and the game was about Rangers and nor him. 

Playing him as the loan defensive midfielder left him exposed and in truth I felt sorry for him. Hung out to dry with a dodgy central fence. 2 suspect defensive full backs who are more comfortable in attack and the most baffling tactic of all was going to the girodome with 5 attackers in team. Absolute madness. Never in my puff have I seen this except in the Advocat era and he was pumped as well. Counter attacking football is how you set up away from home. Sir Walter had it mastered even tho it was painful to watch but we more often than not come home with the result.