Barton

RyanRfc

Just now, MaestroNiko said:

its not that he was bad but he set himself up to absolutely kill this game but then had an average performance and we lost 5-1

Mate our overall team is poor. Stick even Lahm in there and he'd struggle with low quality team mates. 

We seem to have gone backwards since the semi. We have lost the energy we had in the team. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Said when he was linked he was nowhere near as good as people believed, will go down as one if not the worst decisions our manager will make. Completely ruins what made us successful last season.

The worst that our manager has presided over are the four worst central defenders in this league by a country mile and they are down to him!

Barton today had no quality around him and he never will with that board in power. Barton didn't lose us this game, our board did!

The scum sign BR, get a £30 mil windfall in the CL and we sign Hill and a heifer! Some cunt's havin a giraffe!

1 hour ago, will2203 said:

He,s a fenian fuck and played like one. Enough said. All gob, no substance. Should never be near our great club. Queue the Joey love bhoys........

Bartons a Fenian fuck? Away back to  kerrydale street with this shite , your obviously fishing. And if your not, seriously have a word with yourself bud, calling any of our players that is a fkn  disgrace!!! 

After the Rangers players had been up our end at time up, Barton chased the scum players as they were heading up the far corner, thought "here we go there's going to be bother", he actually grabbed Brown, cuddled him and shook his hand, for that alone, he can get to fuck!!

36 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:

After the Rangers players had been up our end at time up, Barton chased the scum players as they were heading up the far corner, thought "here we go there's going to be bother", he actually grabbed Brown, cuddled him and shook his hand, for that alone, he can get to fuck!!

This ,sums him up all talk and nothing else,waste of money

Barton was far from the only abject failure today. However, being our most high profile signing this preseason allied to the fact that he, let's say, likes to  publicly air his views, he's bound to come under intense scrutiny...as is MW for his recent signing policy. Barton could still go on to have a good Rangers career but it has to be said, on the evidence since he signed, that's increasingly looking like a forlorn hope, and it's desperately disappointing! He's massively off the pace for the simple fact that he's not fit/match fit and his football brain and class can't show through as a consequence! Is that because he's in the twilight of his career or down to a flaw in our (last season highly regarded) sports science led, fitness regime? Only time will tell and the hope is that he can go on to redeem himself and have a good, influential season. 

For me, and others have said it, this runs much much deeper! King and co have absolutely underestimated the level of investment required to build a squad to challenge the taigs! Resultantly, MW has had to abandon, to an extent, some of what makes up his overall footballing philosophy! For example, Warburton has stated that he wanted a young, dynamic, lean squad of players with a couple (which we already had) of 'older, more experienced heads'...abandoned!!...for Kranjcar, Hill, Senderos, and Barton! I'm sure he genuinely thought these guys would add value (not financially)...and maybe they still will but if he had a good budget, would he have went for these guys? I don't think so, personally. The whole signing policy smacks of desperation in hindsight. Mistakes have consequences and with Barton, Kranjcar and Senderos being so high profile, with egos to match, Warburton must have felt compelled to start them...that's worrying for me because most of us, as supporters, even knew that these guys hadn't merited starts! The whole team looked lethargic, off the pace and completely devoid of ideas and inspiration! In truth, this has, invariably, been the case since we absolutely ragdolled the scum in the SCSF! What's happened to us since then is as puzzling as it is infuriating, as it is heartbreaking! 

Mr Warburton also spoke previously about keeping a squad on comparable contractual conditions..abandoned!!...for Barton, Kranjcar and Senderos, I'd imagine. Is this why Waghorn hasn't extended? Is this causing disharmony? A disharmony Warburton spoke of avoiding? 

In my view, MW needs to get back to basics..the very basics HE waxed lyrical about! He needs to drop the, so called, big names and stay true to his ethics by playing the fittest, most dynamic, young guys in the squad because if he sticks with the 'classy' old guard, we're fucked...and so is he!!

Barton didn't do anything wrong today.  The team capitulated around him.  Barton kept his head and worked hard under very difficult circumstances.  He was even playing CB for the last 25mins.  What more could the guy have done?  Point fingers elsewhere.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Barton didn't do anything wrong today.  The team capitulated around him.  Barton kept his head and worked hard under very difficult circumstances.  He was even playing CB for the last 25mins.  What more could the guy have done?  Point fingers elsewhere.

Hes been running his mouth ever since he signed and been crap most games he played. Our whole style of play completely changed to suit him and as a result we have went backwards. Warburton started with a plan and we were playing some crackin stuff , pacey and everyone tracking back . It all changed and we have been fuckin garbage ever since. 

Barton is a much better player than he has showed so far this season. He is woefully off form and he's still trying to find his feet in this league.

As for those saying Brown showed him up, get a fucking grip. He hardly touched the ball today. All I can remember his doing was trying and failing to chase Tavernier in to the corner and falling on his arse, and the drop ball with Barton. Barton is 5x the player that diddy is.

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Our whole style of play completely changed to suit him and as a result we have went backwards. Warburton started with a plan and we were playing some crackin stuff , pacey and everyone tracking back . It all changed and we have been fuckin garbage ever since. 

This level of criticism is ridiculous.  Your blaming Barton for everything that's gone wrong.

Scott Brown has made him a right mug; the same Scott Brown that failed a simple maths equation in Ladbrokes' most recent advert with McCoist.

I should also add that Brown was ineffective today which says a lot about Barton.

You must deliver a dominating, exceptional performance when you run your mouth like Barton did. He didn't, though. He has egg all over his face and I'm fucking dreading bumping into Tims over the weekend and next week. As a Bear, how do you defend him?

Horrendous. Absolutely fucking horrendous today. Not the worst, but still abysmal.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

This level of criticism is ridiculous.  Your blaming Barton for everything that's gone wrong.

Never said that and you know i didnt.

Windass and Tav were the only two i wouldnt put blame on the rest of them were a disgrace.

I would never have signed Barton and said so right at the start. Him and Nicos best years are well behind them only Barton makes it worse by running his mouth every day on twitter and then makes a roarin cunt of himself on the park. Both of them dont suit our style of play and i will never understand how Warburton thought they would.

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You really are a prize cunt. He was pish all day long but even worse when standing in the CB position. Did he win anything in the air today? I will save you the time, no he didn't. Did he show as a top class signing. No he didnt. Shite. Full stop. Just as you are a cunt. Full stop.

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Barton had a few opportunities today where he could have took the ball,man and anyone else near him, never once did he go in with the conviction to do this, so for me that's one thing he did wrong right away.

2 minutes ago, will2203 said:

You really are a prize cunt. He was pish all day long but even worse when standing in the CB position. Did he win anything in the air today? I will save you the time, no he didn't. Did he show as a top class signing. No he didnt. Shite. Full stop. Just as you are a cunt. Full stop.

What more could Barton have done?  He was filling in at CB because he had too.  Our entire team is shite in the air.  Our team capitulated and blame starts with the two CBs that were inexcusable.  Also, give the childish name calling a miss, eh.

4 minutes ago, BlueBeard said:

Barton had a few opportunities today where he could have took the ball,man and anyone else near him, never once did he go in with the conviction to do this, so for me that's one thing he did wrong right away.

I never seen Barton pull out of a tackle today so I'll disagree with you here.

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Never said that and you know i didnt.

Windass and Tav were the only two i wouldnt put blame on the rest of them were a disgrace.

I would never have signed Barton and said so right at the start. Him and Nicos best years are well behind them only Barton makes it worse by running his mouth every day on twitter and then makes a roarin cunt of himself on the park. Both of them dont suit our style of play and i will never understand how Warburton thought they would.

It sounds like you are blaming him for everything.  Stating he's ruined our playstyle and we've gone backwards.  Also, how can you say he's past it when he was POTY for Burnley who won the English Championship just a few months ago?