Barton

RyanRfc

He's been on twitter saying that yesterday wasn't good enough for our club.No shit Joey hows about you and your team-mates reimburse all the bears who forked out £49 to go and watch that.An act like that would maybe make the fans believe yous actually care about our club.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Number5 said:

He's simply not good enough, or certainly not as good as most expected. Some were saying he is going to be the best in Scotland. 

Pish.

The problem we have now is that MW has got him here as the marquee signing. Will he drop him?

Barton is the best CDM in Scottish football.  Who in this country is better than him?  Brown has the benefit of paying in a much better team which makes him look better than he actually is.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Barton is the best CDM in Scottish football.  Who in this country is better than him?  Brown has the benefit of paying in a much better team which makes him look better than he actually is.

On paper you would think this but if you think hes performing at an acceptable level your deluded 

Just now, RyanRfc said:

On paper you would think this but if you think hes performing at an acceptable level your deluded 

Barton can't single-handedly carry this team to victory.  He needs help.  Guys like Kranjcar and Senderos threw in the towel yesterday.  Paul Pogba couldn't have prevented yesterdays disaster.

8 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Barton was not at fault, Kamkazie centre halfs were at fault, And  Kranjer should have been subbed after 30 mins.

His touch was consistently poor and he was getting caught on the ball too often and misplacing passes, putting extra pressure on a shite defence. Something he's done in every fucking game he's played so far.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Bollox. He has been dogshit in a Rangers jersey and that's all i'm interested in. He looked out of his depth yesterday and needs dropped.

1 minute ago, butthole said:

Bollox. He has been dogshit in a Rangers jersey and that's all i'm interested in. He looked out of his depth yesterday and needs dropped.

He's only played 5 games, bud.  He's the best CDM in this country and a bad start to the season doesn't change that.  This Rangers team is poor and it's difficult to perform well when you're part of such a poor side.  I'm not denying that something is very wrong with Rangers at the moment but the problem isn't with Joey Barton.  A few months ago he was the best player in the English Championship which is a vastly superior league to this one.  He hasn't forgotten how to play football over the summer months. 

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Who's better?

Well it pains me to say it but Brown is a better player than him, and I'd have Rossiter in the team before him in that position.

He never looks comfortable with the pace of the game, always getting caught on the ball or caught out with his passing, and he doesn't look like he can handle anyone running directly at him. Additionally, he fucking shat himself from the first big occasion of his Rangers career. Haven't seen a single thing to point to him being the best CDM in Scotland.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He's only played 5 games, bud.  He's the best CDM in this country and a bad start to the season doesn't change that.  This Rangers team is poor and it's difficult to perform well when you're part of such a poor side.  I'm not denying that something is very wrong with Rangers at the moment but the problem isn't with Joey Barton.  A few months ago he was the best player in the English Championship which is a vastly superior league to this one.  He hasn't forgotten how to play football over the summer months. 

I really do not care what his past form was. He has failed to stamp his authority on any game wearing a Rangers shirt. He wasn't even getting the basics right yesterday and had Niko not been so bad beside him It would have been Barton hauled off at half time. I'm not sure if he can handle the pace of Scottish football. Third choice CDM behind Halliday & Rossiter for me.

5 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Well it pains me to say it but Brown is a better player than him, and I'd have Rossiter in the team before him in that position.

He never looks comfortable with the pace of the game, always getting caught on the ball or caught out with his passing, and he doesn't look like he can handle anyone running directly at him. Additionally, he fucking shat himself from the first big occasion of his Rangers career. Haven't seen a single thing to point to him being the best CDM in Scotland.

No chance.  If Brown and Barton swapped places yesterday we would've still lost 5-1.  Brown couldn't have done any better than Barton did yesterday in that CDM role or CB position for the last 15mins.

Barton's only played 5 games, mate.  He's still adjusting to the pace up here in Scotland, the style we play, and the guys around him.  You can right him off now if you like tho.

5 minutes ago, butthole said:

I really do not care what his past form was. He has failed to stamp his authority on any game wearing a Rangers shirt. He wasn't even getting the basics right yesterday and had Niko not been so bad beside him It would have been Barton hauled off at half time. I'm not sure if he can handle the pace of Scottish football. Third choice CDM behind Halliday & Rossiter for me.

Halliday played for 45 minutes yesterday and was an empty jersey.  Every criticism you have just said about Barton I could say about Halliday and his shite start to this season.  You'll probably start banging on about Halliday from last season yet everything Barton's ever done prior to joining apparently doesn't count.  It's a bizarre place on here at times.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Halliday played for 45 minutes yesterday and was an empty jersey.  Every criticism you have just said about Barton I could say about Halliday and his shite start to this season.  You'll probably start banging on about Halliday from last season yet everything Barton's ever done prior to joining apparently doesn't count.  It's a bizarre place on here at times.

You are spot they have all been shite but none of them have been running their mouths on twitter or sliding up Browns arse yesterday.

34 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Admin, when are you gona bring back those unlikes - this is 100% pish.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

No chance.  If Brown and Barton swapped places yesterday we would've still lost 5-1.  Brown couldn't have done any better than Barton did yesterday in that CDM role or CB position for the last 15mins.

No, that's not what I'm saying. The team played shite yesterday as a whole. However, Barton hasn't had a good game since he joined, he looks slow and error prone, and I simply don't think he's up to the job. Therefore, in my opinion, I would have Brown over him.

39 minutes ago, RyanRfc said:

No man is bigger than the club and if warburton doesnt drop him we have a serious problem unless he dramatically improves

Unless Warburton plays a system to suit.   maybe 4-1-4-1

Fod

tav

sendros

wilson

wallace

Barton

windass

rossiter

Halliday

forrester

Garner

6 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

No, that's not what I'm saying. The team played shite yesterday as a whole. However, Barton hasn't had a good game since he joined, he looks slow and error prone, and I simply don't think he's up to the job. Therefore, in my opinion, I would have Brown over him.

Brown was shite all of last season.  Celtic fans wanted him out of their club after the last Old Firm game when Barrie skinned him and he missed a crucial penalty.  After a good start to this season he's back to being a world beater again?  Sorry, I'm not having it.  Barton has only played a handful of games for us, we're struggling badly, but he's still a very capable player.  I'm delighted Barton plays for Rangers and in the fullness of time I'm sure he'll prove himself to be a real asset to this team.