Warburton

STEPPS BOY

For some reason, during the summer Warburton went against his instincts and his previous philosophy, and signed a set of ageing players. The younger guys he signed have been fine, really, and his best plan now is to get back to his original thinking and stick with a young squad with one or two old heads.  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've not kicked a ball since semi last year. Hopefully the new signings will start to gel. The one galling thing for me was at 3-1 down basically leaving Barton as the only centre half!! Lessons need to be learned after today. If he doesn't learn then he will struggle  longer term.

Said umpteen times on here the defence and his weird reluctance to address it would cost him his job.

Absolutely scunnered with that, anybody who even tries defend the manager on this one is a prick.

In his own words "we might as well not turn up" - If we done that it would have still been less of a pumping, naive as fuck.

Could go on all day but whats the point... Battle for 2nd place in a 2 horse race.

You get what you pay for......

£3m spent is not enough to turn what we were 18mths ago into league winners.

Celtic have more quality, and quality that makes a difference.

Warburton made mistakes, but.... I dunno. They just have far superior depth and quality and it's a big hurdle. 

1 minute ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Fuck off, we had 2 maybe 3 players that showed up today

Players dont show up for a reason;

1 they're not right mentally - doubt that is the case - any old firm game would get you up for it

2 they're not being used correctly - most players were played in their correct position

3 they're not of the quality required - bang on the money

The only players that showed up today had the quality to show up

I have no doubt those players tried, niko tried his hardest but he's no longer in possession of the qualities required for this - too slow mentally and physically for the match - hence all the petty fouling and him getting close to getting two yellow cards.

We do not have the required quality in the areas we need it, that is all.

Yep. Warburton oot. He will NEVER be forgiven for that SC final loss and will NOT be forgiven for this. His football is suited for wee shite teams. But not Rangers, the Rangers I grew up watching won at any cost. The board are to blame too, and Kranjcar was fucking PISH

The manner of the performances is what's concerning, everyone knew it was going to be a battle but we are showing no sign of learning from any of the game we've played this season. 

Warburton you need to give yourself a shake and wake up to the job in hand coz at this rate you'll be on the scrap heap with all these old cloggers that your signing!!!!!!!!

Windass must be first pick. Holt is badly missed. Rossiter before Barton. 2 center halfs needed (or one absolute quality center half to play alongside Wilson). 

Kiernan and Hill, i'll be happy if i never see in a Rangers jersey again. Senderos looks a bombscare.

Wallace is on a dip, and needs to improve, as is McKay.

MOH and Forrester should've started today.

Wes, its hard to see if hes shite, or just massively exposed by the non existant defence.

I understand that this year is a step up in standard, but it's strange that MW knew all about young talent but attempted to bring in experience, and it turns out it's the experienced pro's who are letting him down, I get the feeling that he has gone against his instincts and instead of building a team of hungry youngsters has gone for experience had it has backfired badly on him.

Mind you in saying that the support probably wouldn't have given him the time to let youngsters grow either.

29 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tactically naieve, Appalling signings, Team going backwards..

He'll be lucky to see christmas..

I said in another thread last night that we will know after the second round of games if he is up to the job, after today I am worried where we might be in the league by then. 

More questions than answers 

his stubbornness puts me right off him 

this isn't a go at him but take a step back ...

what has he done won a league which was the bare minimum (hind made us sweat a bit) 

cup final - pish 

top flight not completed 1 good 90 mins 

id rather have a strong adaptable direct manager... Pressure is right on now ( hope he bounces back and proves my doubts wrong but I can't see it)

load of pish lads. If Kiernan can't do fuckin basics how is that Warburton's fault what we are are talking about can't be coached. Picking up men winning headers etc

he had a clown next to him that let everyone down today

spending money would solve the problem. Mr king is trying to do it on the cheap

Just now, Bears r us said:

I said in another thread last night that we will know after the second round of games if he is up to the job, after today I am worried where we might be in the league by then. 

A manager  who listens to a clique of players  wont make it in game..

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

load of pish lads. If Kiernan can't do fuckin basics how is that Warburton's fault what we are are talking about can't be coached. Picking up men winning headers etc

he had a clown next to him that let everyone down today

spending money would solve the problem. Mr king is trying to do it on the cheap

He picks him without fail every week this guy is atrocious that's how it's mw fault

To be honest , at the start of the season i thought barton would have been gold esp being burnleys poty. And i was super excited about krancjar. Hopefully they find their feet real quickly. I am losing faith in warburtons lack of tactics and his signings. Might be a few more years before we challenge for the title.  Itll be a tainted 9iar anyway.

Watp