VB call for Ibrox ban on celtic supporters

Bad Robot

7 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Not sure about banning them.  Not because I don't think they should be but because I remember how a similar ban played out 25years ago.  As on that occasion, the compliant media will portray them as being the wronged party (when they clearly weren't) and will make them out as poor David going into the big bad lions den.  They will play the victim card big style, it will be used to spur on their team, and if they get any sort of result it will be portrayed as a victory for football.

Thats what happened in the early 90s.  DM was so chastened by the affair he never raised his head above the parapet again.

And we've suffered for that silence and appeasement ever since. Ultimately if this is not brought to an end by the powers that be, it will be played out on the streets as the youth will eventually respond and when someone dies, the real cycle of violence will mark the beginning of the end of what is now the old firm. Football is not worth one death on either side of the divide, no matter how much we may enjoy it. God forbid if it ever happens to any of our kids and at that point when the the rage is gone, we will ask ourselves in guilt, could we have done more.

Each to their own as they say, It's a free country, isn't it?!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the comments, only the original post. I agree it is scum for what they have done and we should ban...BUT

We have to get our own house in order. Our displays and songs aren't exactly those of an angel. We sing stuff which I find embarrassing if I'm honest. Sometimes we are both as bad as each other. They are filth and I detest but some of our fans are red necks. Just because they support Rangers doesn't make them good people.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: what a stupid statement - can't think of anything worse than banning them from ibrox and the associated ban on our supporters going to porkheid!

whole statement sounded like a 13 year olds tantrum because we got beat! 

So you think if Rangers won then we would just accept the banners effigies and the continued biased slant that we are receiving..??

You are trying to deflect from your beloved snp's incompetence and it's bigotry towards the PUL community..

Pathetic and your weakest troll for a long time..:wanker:  

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The other big problem I have with banning fans as a whole is that if we were to be allowed to do so that other clubs would quickly follow suit, even if just for one game, just to appease the fuckwits in their own support.

Well then it would cost them cash that they need to survive.

All other clubs with the exception of the other lot need Rangers fans going to away games.

As that thick arsehole Thomson has found out. 

10 minutes ago, BlueBloodStream said:

I haven't read the comments, only the original post. I agree it is scum for what they have done and we should ban...BUT

We have to get our own house in order. Our displays and songs aren't exactly those of an angel. We sing stuff which I find embarrassing if I'm honest. Sometimes we are both as bad as each other. They are filth and I detest but some of our fans are red necks. Just because they support Rangers doesn't make them good people.

What do you find embarrassing? Penny Arcade? Me too mate but you talk pish TBH...fuck off please!

Just now, LochendBilly said:

What do you find embarrassing? Penny Arcade? Me too mate but you talk pish TBH...fuck off please!

All the King Billy and 1690 shite. Stuck in the past. FTP etc is all cringe. We are a football team yeah instead of cheering our guys on, some of us are more focused on chanting Billy big time songs and wearing orange. Embarrassing.

Support the club and represent them in a dignified way.

Just now, BlueBloodStream said:

All the King Billy and 1690 shite. Stuck in the past. FTP etc is all cringe. We are a football team yeah instead of cheering our guys on, some of us are more focused on chanting Billy big time songs and wearing orange. Embarrassing.

Tbf, our club has strong links to Ulster, so why shouldn't fans celebrate that. Same way as sellic fans celebrate Irish links. As long as it doesn't stray into terrorist stuff or suggestions of violence or whatever, I don't see the problem. Football rarely is just football nowadays.

1 minute ago, BluesClues said:

Can we not just offer them one ticket, somewhere behind a pillar?

That way, we're offering them an away support allocation, it's just fuck all.

This is how we should do it tbh. Give them the lowest amount we can, stick them up in a corner of the Club Deck (where I think all away fans should be), and just make life as miserable as possible for them at Ibrox. Search every last one as they come in. Bare minimum staff in kiosks while surrounded by as many cops and stewards as it takes.

Just now, The Dude said:

This is how we should do it tbh. Give them the lowest amount we can, stick them up in a corner of the Club Deck (where I think all away fans should be), and just make life as miserable as possible for them at Ibrox. Search every last one as they come in. Bare minimum staff in kiosks while surrounded by as many cops and stewards as it takes.

Disagree. They should get the same % allocation as us at their place.

29 minutes ago, BlueBloodStream said:

:wanker:.

Up to our knees in it.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

And we've suffered for that silence and appeasement ever since. Ultimately if this is not brought to an end by the powers that be, it will be played out on the streets as the youth will eventually respond and when someone dies, the real cycle of violence will mark the beginning of the end of what is now the old firm. Football is not worth one death on either side of the divide, no matter how much we may enjoy it. God forbid if it ever happens to any of our kids and at that point when the the rage is gone, we will ask ourselves in guilt, could we have done more.

Each to their own as they say, It's a free country, isn't it?!

Accept where you're coming from on this.  Just think if we are going to go down this route, we have to realise how it will be turned against us.

If we were to consider doing this, I would take a more considered approach.  Keep things as normal for the next game at Ibrox but then refuse to accept tickets for the following game at Parkhead, make it clear we are asking our fans not to attend this and any further games at Parkhead in the interest of their safety (after the events of Saturday).

In the light of our fans no longer attending the away games, we can then cut their allocation for Ibrox to the minimum we can get away with (none if possible).

i no longer go to away games so the above will not effect me but I accept it will stick in the craw of some of our fans who want to go to these games.

5 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Accept where you're coming from on this.  Just think if we are going to go down this route, we have to realise how it will be turned against us.

If we were to consider doing this, I would take a more considered approach.  Keep things as normal for the next game at Ibrox but then refuse to accept tickets for the following game at Parkhead, make it clear we are asking our fans not to attend this and any further games at Parkhead in the interest of their safety (after the events of Saturday).

In the light of our fans no longer attending the away games, we can then cut their allocation for Ibrox to the minimum we can get away with (none if possible).

i no longer go to away games so the above will not effect me but I accept it will stick in the craw of some of our fans who want to go to these games.

I'm actually advocating that our club pressurise ALL the powers that be into taking action to bring this sectarian hate fest of theirs to an end.

I am also advocating that we ban them, but that alone is meaningless without a coherent strategy to bring these cunts to book, hence the authorities to take action.

They are pushing the boundaries and getting away with it and the inevitable outcome of that is one/some/many of our own will eventually react. 

If we end up in riots and someone is killed, there will be no more old firm and guess who will be blamed irrespective of who dies?

That lot are empowered through our appeasement and the political climate in Scotland and it shows.

There has to be intervention before someone is killed. It will only take some innocent in the wrong place at the wrong time and something is said out of turn and he pays the ultimate price. That's how poisonous it is here in the current political climate. It is now their country, not ours and they aren't slow in letting you know it, but for once they are telling the truth.

Appeasement has got us thus far and we for sure ain't winning.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bang on. The Club should announce their intention to do it for, let's say, one or two fixtures, with a view to taking a measured, fair and balanced stance. It's the only way we can, as a Club, respond as things stand Imo. Of course, we'd get exactly the same right back at us, but when we're being failed by everyone outside Rangers then it's a no brainer for the Club.

I'd add in an Armed Forces Day celebration combined with a half time, Last Night of The Proms style orchestra to culturally enrich them!:D

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Under the current rules banning ALL away fans could see us punished by the SPFL as clubs have to make a section available for away fans. We can ban individual fans but we cant just not allow away fans in at all.

£200 a ticket and that will keep them out

24 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm actually advocating that our club pressurise ALL the powers that be into taking action to bring this sectarian hate fest of theirs to an end.

I am also advocating that we ban them, but that alone is meaningless without a coherent strategy to bring these cunts to book, hence the authorities to take action.

They are pushing the boundaries and getting away with it and the inevitable outcome of that is one/some/many of our own will eventually react. 

If we end up in riots and someone is killed, there will be no more old firm and guess who will be blamed irrespective of who dies?

That lot are empowered through our appeasement and the political climate in Scotland and it shows.

There has to be intervention before someone is killed. It will only take some innocent in the wrong place at the wrong time and something is said out of turn and he pays the ultimate price. That's how poisonous it is here in the current political climate. It is now their country, not ours and they aren't slow in letting you know it, but for once they are telling the truth.

Appeasement has got us thus far and we for sure ain't winning.

Yeah. Stopping them being at Ibrox will help with that. That'll sure teach them.

Have the courage to follow your principles through and call for an end to the OF game.

Like the idea of not accepting tickets at their place or better still just have 7500 empty seats accompanied by some strong media messages as to why there are 7500 empty seats..   Will really bring the point home to a world wide TV audience, they will have nobody to goad or intimidate with their putrid sickening bile.

2 hours ago, BlueBloodStream said:

Wearing orange is embarrassing now? Ffs.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Stopping them being at Ibrox will help with that. That'll sure teach them.

Have the courage to follow your principles through and call for an end to the OF game.

You don't half spout some shite.

Now you run along with your appeasement you deserve one another. 

You know it makes sense.

BTW, still dreaming of dining out in the sun kissed setting of new Gallowgate are we?

:mutley:

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

As would I, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Aberdeen and the likes decide some time that we had committed some kind of unspeakable atrocity so banned us for a game. Almost every away game would end with fans demanding their club ban us for anything they can come up with.

The difference is that we can afford to ban away fans and only the tims can afford to do likewise. I watched highlights of sheep on sun night and noticed their new stand, which once was our end, is now closed off at top  tier and plenty spaces in bottom tier so they need the blue pound.