Warburton says he does not understand.

Eaglesham Bear

12 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Makes a bit more sense to me. 

Haven't watched his interview, working a local election bored senseless. 

That's not an accurate reflection he is still referencing talk sport saying unbeaten in the league good start.... that after we dropped the 4 points

he simply has no idea of our expectations

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thehost said:

That's not an accurate reflection he is still referencing talk sport saying unbeaten in the league good start.... that after we dropped the 4 points

He used talksport to draw a comparison with the press in Scotland 

4 minutes ago, thehost said:

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

As I say, I'm working, haven't seen or heard the interview, just going by what I'm what I'm reading here. Was a bit surprised by the OP, but then after reading siddiqi's post, it made a bit more sense to me. 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

I like Warburton, he has been a breath of fresh air........ but ffs, how can he not understand,  does he not walk through the hals of Ibrox every day, does he not have SDoW at his side.  If you don't understand, then you better figure if fucking out.

Or maybe he is acting like a proper manager and getting players over it?

Everyone needs to chill out. 

The press are going after him just now and it's because he gives them nothing. Barely gives them anything in his responses. Sometime he could just play a recording of his previous press conference. The press obviously won't like this. Personally I'm delighted he gives them nothing. 

Last thing he needs is us getting on his back. Without doubt he is under pressure from press just now but we shouldn't be adding to it 

7 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Don't want to get into over analysing everything he says because we're having a bad patch but saying things like that won't do him any favours 

That's nonsense. It sometimes helps to read about this club from years ago, and there was nowhere near the hype of today back then. How many years did Jock Wallace manage Rangers before winning a League title; do you think he would get that now? And, yet, he became one of our most successful managers ever. Warburton has players to manage, and he is one of the most intelligent managers in the game. He is being intelligent here.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's nonsense. It sometimes helps to read about this club from years ago, and there was nowhere near the hype of today back then. How many years did Jock Wallace manage Rangers before winning a League title; do you think he would get that now? And, yet, he became one of our most successful managers ever. Warburton has players to manage, and he is one of the most intelligent managers in the game. He is being intelligent here.

Scottish football was a decent standard for that time, apart from the scum we also had the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd as genuine tough contenders 

Basicslly it's pointless comparing now to eras from decades back 

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

I think he knows all too well what and why the negativity is in the Irish(Scottish), they're all septic supporters and with any luck this is a slow burn start to highlighting their bias, never mind their own negative comments about tit for tat.

He's becoming a bit of an artist at saying one thing & meaning another.

He's also said he's happy with the Board's backing.

Maybe he's telling the players to do something & they've decided to do the opposite....

Just now, simplythebest said:

Scottish football was a decent standard for at time, apart from the scum we also had the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd as genuine tough contenders 

Basicslly it's pointless comparing now to eras from decades back 

How is it pointless? Warburton has taken the heat out of this game, and quite right as well. HE has players to manager, many of them young players; in a sense he has to disguise his own feelings on the matter for their sake. What do honestly expect him to say about that defeat that he hasn't said already?

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

How is it pointless? Warburton has taken the heat out of this game, and quite right as well. HE has players to manager, many of them young players; in a sense he has to disguise his own feelings on the matter for their sake. What do honestly expect him to say about that defeat that he hasn't said already?

I don't have an issue with him trying to move on from the game however damaging it was there's a lot of football to be played this season, but talk of not understanding why there was a big reaction to us losing a derby game like that doesn't come across so well 

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I don't have an issue with him trying to move on from the game however damaging it was there's a lot of football to be played this season, but talk of not understanding why there was a big reaction to us losing a derby game like that doesn't come across so well 

I don't believe all this for a minute. Warburton has to do these every week, and he plays it wisely. I've seen him after a draw and he doesn't take that well. Since that match he has gathered his thoughts, and is probably looking after his players. It's the players he has first loyalty to; they are his players and he has to get the best from them for the whole season.

30 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Yes but talks[ort were saying it was a good start when all rangers fans, I know, were fucking beeping at dropping 4 points.

the difference in expectation is the crux, and he needs to understand his audience ain't talk sport it's me and you 

20 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Spot on. I remember 2 games into season 77/78 (2-0 loss to Hibs at Ibrox) the "Wallace must go" chants at the end of the game. This despite the fact we were rebuilding the team by introducing several young exciting players at the same time. 10 months later we were celebrating a treble and Big Jock was a hero. Some things never change.

The press have tried to ridicule and undermine MW from day one. He gives them nothing and they don't like it hence the delight at recent results.performances/ Lets not help them.    

Just now, jcb said:

Spot on. I remember 2 games into season 77/78 (2-0 loss to Hibs at Ibrox) the "Wallace must go" chants at the end of the game. This despite the fact we were rebuilding the team by introducing several young exciting players at the same time. 10 months later we were celebrating a treble and Big Jock was a hero. Some things never change.

The press have tried to ridicule and undermine MW from day one. He gives them nothing and they don't like it hence the delight at recent results.performances/ Lets not help them.    

So there might have been a bit of the hype of today back then?!  I think it's amazing that he was given three years before winning a League, which I welcome actually. Would have been given the same amount of time had we not won the Cup in 73? I've read news stories after a defeat and it all seems very civilised back then, compared to now.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

So there might have been a bit of the hype of today back then?!  I think it's amazing that he was given three years before winning a League, which I welcome actually. Would have been given the same amount of time had we not won the Cup in 73? I've read news stories after a defeat and it all seems very civilised back then, compared to now.

Different times my friend. The majority of the sporting press were professional journalists with years of experience and therefore avoided the sensationalist aspect that exists today. Currently anyone connected to either Rangers or Celtic can find a media gig despite adding nothing insightful to any serious debate. What other country would give airtime to the likes of McAvennie, Dalziel, Miller (Joe), Ferguson, Burchill Johnstone etc.

Re- JW Had to compete with not only a very good Celtic team but also the best Hibs team i have seen. Add to that decent Aberdeen, St Johnstone & Dundee teams you can understand the scale of the job he inherited. Not only did he stop their 10 in a row but won 2 trebles in the following 3 seasons before leaving. Will always be a hero to me and the epitome of what being a "Ranger" should entail.