Joey sent home

scottjf82

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The more I read about this - including the transcript of Barton's interview - the more I think Rangers and MW are just going to let this blow over.  They could pass it off as a robust exchange of views that got too heated too quickly and a bit out of control for the good of everyone so taking time out to reflect then pick up from there was the way to go.   There may have been other ways to handle it but in the heat of the day that's what was decided.   Then trying to turn it into a useful thing by saying its good that players are passionate about their Club and their performances and have creative opinions on how to improve their game  - its just dpwm to MW to channel that spirit effectively ......and avoid a repeat.

I'm not saying that's the way it will actually pan out but for me it starts to have that sort of feeling about it.   Unless the tempers are not cooled off or what was said and the way it was said was so unacceptable in which case its over then my guess is Rangers and Barton will look to navigate respective ways out of this and come to an understanding of how they can work effectively together.     Either way, its handed an already hostile media a story to salivate over.   Pity it could not have been handled in a less public way.

I hope you are correct and it is sorted on Monday. If Barton is to believed in his interview ( the rights and wrongs of could be argued into next year :unsure:) then he and Andy H have sorted whatever was said between them, which is good IMO.

If you want players to give their honest opinion after such a defeat then is it really possible to discuss that without having a few arguments that could easily get out of hand because I don't. Maybe this can be the spur that the squad needs to kick start our season, starting with a good win tomorrow. (tu)

15 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If Joey has been sent home til monday for swearing then he's correct in saying it is fucking ridiculous.

Anyone who believes that he was sent home just for swearing is a fucking idiot. We don't know what happened really but we can take an educated guess that if he was told to go home, cool down and come in 24 hours later then maybe yes. Suspended for a week suggests more to it. Our Management team for all their faults are not known for disproportionate discipline.

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Suppose it depends what he said. He kept re-iterating that maybe what he said was wrong but the message wasn't so, at a guess, he's said we've been shite collectively or picked out individuals for criticism but been a bit too aggressive. 

I don't think anyone has handled it well. Football players will, or at least should, be pissed off when you don't start well. If that's upset people they may be in the wrong gig.

@The Dude  Sorry, I think you picked me up incorrectly, I meant in the interview which I quoted.   I have no way of knowing what was or wasn't said during the argument.   I just know from his taking to twitter and doing interviews he is not making the situation any better.  Sometimes saying less works better and he needs to respect MW decision regardless of his feelings.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Where's the quote from Barton that says "fucking ridiculous"?

there isn't one, that post was poorly worded tbf I didn't mean that he had said it was fucking ridiculous.

From that interview, Barton comes across as feeling like the manager has hung him and only him out to dry.

The interview in itself is a strange one, because by doing it, whether he thinks hes in the right or not, he is burning his bridges with the very manager and club he states he wants to help. The manager wouldve wanted this kept to a minimum. Its a strange one alright.

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton says his club-imposed ban is "wrong".

But the way it's been handled is strange. They've told me to stay away but there are a lot of misconceptions out there at the moment."

Barton said he had been asked to "re-evaluate the way I'm thinking" but does not think his opinions will change

all digs at the manager

Completely wrong attitude. He's gone. Why, he thinks he has done nothing wrong and shows no respect for MW. It doesn't matter what he thinks of MW. There will only ever be one winner in this type of situation and it ain't JAB. Clear out your locker and buy a one way train ticket to Liverpool for Monday afternoon. What a fucking embarrassment. First he's on Twitter and then it's onto the radio. MW will be raging.

13 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Completely wrong attitude. He's gone. Why, he thinks he has done nothing wrong and shows no respect for MW. It doesn't matter what he thinks of MW. There will only ever be one winner in this type of situation and it ain't JAB. Clear out your locker and buy a one way train ticket to Liverpool for Monday afternoon. What a fucking embarrassment. First he's on Twitter and then it's onto the radio. MW will be raging.

He wants out and is engineering a way out, can't tell him to clear out his locker....he will want his contract paid up

9 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The  mistake the boss has made is sending him home and not telling him to keep his gob shut, he must have known that Barton would run to his friends in the media, bad decision by the boss.

it wasn't him who made this public.

He's like a stroppy teenager answering back their parents.

Clearly doesn't respect authority either. A liability I don't want to be honest. In reality he should be keeping his trap shut and aiming to live up to his reputation as a class player but he would rather act like a child and mouth off.

Waster.

8 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

He's like a stroppy teenager answering back their parents.

Clearly doesn't respect authority either. A liability I don't want to be honest. In reality he should be keeping his trap shut and aiming to live up to his reputation as a class player but he would rather act like a child and mouth off.

Waster.

Bottom line is he doesn't need the money and so he will just suit himself 

8 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

it wasn't him who made this public.

That's true, forgot about that, still the boss should be telling him to zip it and the boss should have got his explanation in first, he had the opportunity at the presser, instead he comes out with Trained Well and happy.

Someone at the training ground is a rat.

18 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The  mistake the boss has made is sending him home and not telling him to keep his gob shut, he must have known that Barton would run to his friends in the media, bad decision by the boss.

I agree.  This has been naive media management, Barton has always been a gobby player and they knew that when they signed him.  No point sending him home to reflect (he's not going to change his personality), better to manage the personality he actually is, and avoid feeding the media circus.  This should have been sorted out behind a closed door.

In terms of fixing it, they need to show they're all over it and that the team is united and back together again, otherwise it will just fester into something much worse.

45 minutes ago, will2203 said:

This, warburton will be even more raging with him blabbing on the radio,with him saying he's done nothing wrong,,losing a player for an important league game when he's not injured or suspended is ridiculous ,can't see any way back for him,(good)