Joey sent home

scottjf82

If he gets back into the fold the same thing will happen sooner or later, prob sooner, this wont end well, get rid right away if poss would be the best, once a cunt always a cunt.

I really thought we had pulled of a coup signing Barton, he is a clever guy and said all the right things, only when I seen him huffing and puffing producing hee haw on the park did I realise how misplaced my hopes were, a bit like his passing.

9 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

This, warburton will be even more raging with him blabbing on the radio,with him saying he's done nothing wrong,,losing a player for an important league game when he's not injured or suspended is ridiculous ,can't see any way back for him,(good)

Yup

JB must be working his ticket. Has to be. The initial spat on training ground is one thing. To do the media things and drop the manager in it is soemthing else. 

Just hope we can rip up his contract.

9 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Whatever happens now, I'm glad we've all gave him a fair trial and not jumped to any conclusions that it was all 100% his fault.

A trial is exactly what we should have given him (a football one) then there would have been no dramas as a contract would not have been offered.

54 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Right or wrong or not , turning to the media and spilling his side of the strory like a wee teenage lassie has annoyed me . From just going on past experience and stories warburton does not seem the type who goes all out to get involved in public spats whereas Barton has had the history of wanting to be the centre of attention . Here it is for you plain and simple joey , Rangers have been a well known and respected name in the footballing world long before and will be long after Joey Barton has hung up his boots , you can either knuckle down and play your own part in that or piss off if you feel that is going to be too much of an issue 

I don't think your being fair to the guy he has a right to defend himself, he is opinionated but he's been working hard to build his reputation back after events in his past, social media has helped him to do that. 

His friends in the press probably tipped him off that a story had been leaked to them. From what Barton said in the interview, I get the impression he had an heated discussion when he was call into the office of  MW to explain his comments. It was after this he was sent home.

Imho, I think the message he told MW is that his football philosophy isn't working, which we've all pretty much said on this forum. I hope MW takes time for reflection and takes on board what the players have been saying in their opinions. If Barton his being hung out to dry by MW, then shame on him. he shouldn't have asked for the opinions from players.

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

A trial is exactly what we should have given him (a football one) then there would have been no dramas as a contract would not have been offered.

You think we should have offered a player that had just been a vital part of a title winning team in a far, far stronger league than ours and won their player of the year award as well as being in the Championship team of the year in the process a trial?

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think your being fair to the guy he has a right to defend himself, he is opinionated but he's been working hard to build his reputation back after events in his past, social media has helped him to do that. 

His friends in the press probably tipped him off that a story had been leaked to them. From what Barton said in the interview, I get the impression he had an heated discussion when he was call into the office of  MW to explain is comments. It was after this he was sent home.

Imho, I think the message he told MW is that his football philosophy isn't working, which we've all pretty much said on this forum. I hope MW takes time for reflection and takes on board what the players have been saying in their opinions. If Barton his being hung out to dry by MW, then shame on him. he shouldn't have asked for the opinions from players.

You are fully entitled to your view but no player is bigger than the club and no player in JABs position will win against the manager in this situation. Fans are entitled to express our views because they don't matter, whereas an employee does not get the same scope. What JAB has done since being sent home is worse. He's a media loving clown. He doesn't have the brain power to change. He is an out and out half wit thug.

7 minutes ago, will2203 said:

You are fully entitled to your view but no player is bigger than the club and no player in JABs position will win against the manager in this situation. Fans are entitled to express our views because they don't matter, whereas an employee does not get the same scope. What JAB has done since being sent home is worse. He's a media loving clown. He doesn't have the brain power to change. He is an out and out half wit thug.

Joey Barton. His name is Joey Barton.

Take your Joseph Anthony shite to fuck whether it's initials or otherwise.

Fucking tarrier behaviour.

3 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Joey Barton hasn't been found out, he has more talent than anyone at Ibrox. This was proved last year when he starred for a better team in a better league

Ok, fair point but I'm not sure he's the most talented player at Ibrox. He's not as good as I expected and he is probably a bit surprised that he is finding it more difficult than he imagined it would be.

The big fallout is not a surprise to me.

14 minutes ago, will2203 said:

JAB? I'll jab you ya cock sucker

14 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Ban this cunt

17 minutes ago, will2203 said:

JAB? I've only heard him referenced like that on JJ's site.  The guys worked hard to redeem is public image, he has the right to defend himself in this leaked story.

30 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

His friends in the press probably tipped him off that a story had been leaked to them. From what Barton said in the interview, I get the impression he had an heated discussion when he was call into the office of  MW to explain his comments. It was after this he was sent home.

I think you make some very good points Sweetheart, especially the last sentence. (tu)

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this. Barton has been fuckin rotten since he came up however he was the championship player of the year last year. That is a league streets ahead of our league and probably in the top five cash richest leagues in Europe. Hopefully he gets his finger out and this brings the squad together like has happened in the past. It doesn't sound like he's done anything that would warrant gross misconduct or give us an option to get rid so we need to try and get him back to his best (a best we have yet to see). 

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think you make some very good points Sweetheart, especially the last sentence. (tu)

I feel for the guy, he's being character assassinated on social media for defending himself  in a story that had been leaked.  Whoever leaked the story is responsible for this latest dig at one of our team members.

To be fair the guy is a proven banger but his billy big time shite has been encouraged by some folk who thought he would stroll it up here. Hes a corner boy and nothing else. If he was any good he would still be at clubs like city and marseillie.....instead hes treading a well worn path for him. Bag him and while we're at it let him give hill and kranjcar a run back to qpr.  

As far as I can see the only option is for warburton to get rid of him and the rest of the shite he's signed and for MW to tough it out for the next few games as i think this episode says more about MW than it does barton. Can you imagine a wallace, souness or smith sending a guy home and the next minute the cunts on the radio????   Souness ended roberts career for less. Warburton is struggling to keep a lid on the whole thing and that as a rangers manager is unacceptable for me. Time for some strong messages from MW

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

To be fair the guy is a proven banger but his billy big time shite has been encouraged by some folk who thought he would stroll it up here. Hes a corner boy and nothing else. If he was any good he would still be at clubs like city and marseillie.....instead hes treading a well worn path for him. Bag him and while we're at it let him give hill and kranjcar a run back to qpr.  

As far as I can see the only option is for warburton to get rid of him and the rest of the shite he's signed and for MW to tough it out for the next few games as i think this episode says more about MW than it does barton. Can you imagine a wallace, souness or smith sending a guy home and the next minute the cunts on the radio????   Souness ended roberts career for less. Warburton is struggling to keep a lid on the whole thing and that as a rangers manager is unacceptable for me. Time for some strong messages from MW

That would raise questions about his management skill and the choices in his signings in the first place. MW asked for the opinions of players if he doesn't like the answers, he shouldn't ask the questions

56 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

His responses could have been more professional imo , the first tweet was a good enough response however the second tweet and radio interview seems to be just attention seeking .

something like this would not have been allowed to drag on by smith , we need to get back to focus on the onfield matters and not become another chapter in the Joey Barton show so warburton deserves criticism in that point aswell 

and one of the biggest flaw in warburtons plan this year is trying to shoehorn Barton into the side , someone pointed out earlier in the thread that although player of the year last year , burnley's style of play is completely different to ours . They had one of the lowest possession averages in the league , maybe he is just not suited to our style and his performances so far have certainly reflected that