Joey sent home

scottjf82

9 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Souness ended roberts career for less. Warburton is struggling to keep a lid on the whole thing and that as a rangers manager is unacceptable for me. Time for some strong messages from MW

Players have never had so much power now though, back then the players union if it even existed was a joke, the transfer window didnt exist so you could flog someone tomorrow etc

49 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You think we should have offered a player that had just been a vital part of a title winning team in a far, far stronger league than ours and won their player of the year award as well as being in the Championship team of the year in the process a trial?

Some player that Joey Barton eh! skooshed the championship, Burnley  poty, team of the year as well just for good measure, wtf have we got? the cardboard cut out.

Professional as ever from the BBC. They have a Bartons moments up. It contains his nutmeg, a shot against Hamiliton, the tackle he received against Killie and the drop ball with lego-eater.

Not the kind of thing you should expect from a publicly funded organisation, but not surprised either.

Just now, pcbear said:

Some player that Joey Barton eh! skooshed the championship, Burnley  poty, team of the year as well just for good measure, wtf have we got? the cardboard cut out.

He's played 5 games.

If you think we should have offered him a trial on the back of the season he had just had them you're mental. Even more so if you think he'd have accepted it.

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

His responses could have been more professional imo , the first tweet was a good enough response however the second tweet and radio interview seems to be just attention seeking .

something like this would not have been allowed to drag on by smith , we need to get back to focus on the onfield matters and not become another chapter in the Joey Barton show so warburton deserves criticism in that point aswell 

Then maybe that's where Joey can learn a lesson and become more professional but the guy has a right to defend himself as many times as it takes for him to be heard. Smith was a different type of manager to Warburton so it's not really a fair comparison. Walter would have seen what needed to be done without asking for players opinions.

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That would raise questions about his management skill and the choices in his signings in the first place. MW asked for the opinions of players if he doesn't like the answers, he shouldn't ask the questions

Totally agree, dont like the answer, dont ask a question but barton has escaleted this and i dont think this was meant to happen but by putting out his own statement hes proved hes adept at playing the media game. Dont be surprised to see him bulleted from ibrox and launching a media career, spouting philosophical bullshit to anybody who will listen

1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Yup

JB must be working his ticket. Has to be. The initial spat on training ground is one thing. To do the media things and drop the manager in it is soemthing else. 

Just hope we can rip up his contract.

Glad someone else can see past him. He's very deliberately forcing Warburton into a corner and making his position untenable.....and I've a funny feeling MW will happily oblige him. JB knows exactly the repurcussions of such public disobedience but he's trying to be clever so that when the eventual mutual cancellation of contract comes it's not on his head and other clubs will still take him.

Don't see him playing for us again tbh.

There's no manager at any company in the world, nevermind a football club, who would be fine with an employee going public with their displeasure at an internal disciplinary issue.

If he truly wanted to move on from all of this, he'd have kept his fucking mouth shut and turned up on Monday and popped a bollock in training. Instead, he's fucked it.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Then maybe that's where Joey can learn a lesson and become more professional but the guy has a right to defend himself as many times as it takes for him to be heard. Smith was a different type of manager to Warburton so it's not really a fair comparison. Walter would have seen what needed to be done without asking for players opinions.

maybe , both deserve criticism in this instance . But so far Barton has done nothing but talk shite , play shite and now seems to be causing shite 

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Players have never had so much power now though, back then the players union if it even existed was a joke, the transfer window didnt exist so you could flog someone tomorrow etc

Players have the illusion of power, the manager can still make or break a career at the end of the day. The manager MUST be the man making decisions as its his head on the block. Tbh i think this suits both parties if hes bagged. He gets his usual feeling that no one understands him and warburton gets rid of a white elephant that has slowed the team down to a walking pace

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The players would have sorted it out themselves

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's played 5 games.

If you think we should have offered him a trial on the back of the season he had just had them you're mental. Even more so if you think he'd have accepted it.

Do you rate him? I certainly don't as a footballer and even less as a person, re- trial if you read the post I answered you might get what I was on about, Joey is a rotten apple and one of them spoils the barrel.

22 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

To be fair the guy is a proven banger but his billy big time shite has been encouraged by some folk who thought he would stroll it up here. Hes a corner boy and nothing else. If he was any good he would still be at clubs like city and marseillie.....instead hes treading a well worn path for him. Bag him and while we're at it let him give hill and kranjcar a run back to qpr.  

As far as I can see the only option is for warburton to get rid of him and the rest of the shite he's signed and for MW to tough it out for the next few games as i think this episode says more about MW than it does barton. Can you imagine a wallace, souness or smith sending a guy home and the next minute the cunts on the radio????   Souness ended roberts career for less. Warburton is struggling to keep a lid on the whole thing and that as a rangers manager is unacceptable for me. Time for some strong messages from MW

i heard a bit of his talk sport interview on stv news he said i will talk to warbs on monday. maybe i am old fashioned but i dont think any player should be calling their manager warbs live .on radio  i

1 hour ago, WGOH said:
45 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Joey Barton. His name is Joey Barton.

Take your Joseph Anthony shite to fuck whether it's initials or otherwise.

Fucking tarrier behaviour.

Well TLT, you will know about that! You twins with that other dumb fuck?

JAB. His initials are JAB. His name is Joseph Anthony Barton. And he played 5 games for the greatest club in the world.....until again he showed his true colours and MW showed him the door.

away wi ye!

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

Totally agree, dont like the answer, dont ask a question but barton has escaleted this and i dont think this was meant to happen but by putting out his own statement hes proved hes adept at playing the media game. Dont be surprised to see him bulleted from ibrox and launching a media career, spouting philosophical bullshit to anybody who will listen

It has escalated but  Barton has been through character assassination before and has worked hard to redeem himself. I wouldn't be surprised if they did sack him, it will be brushed off as a wage saving exercise. Someone was mischief making when they leaked that story. I really hope Barton doesn't get the sack.

1 minute ago, billscott said:

i heard a bit of his talk sport interview on stv news he said i will talk to warbs on monday. maybe i am old fashioned but i dont think any player should be calling their manager warbs live .on radio  i

Agreed, no class and no appreciation that is not how you refer to your manager....Warbs....it was bad.

10 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Players have the illusion of power, the manager can still make or break a career at the end of the day. The manager MUST be the man making decisions as its his head on the block. Tbh i think this suits both parties if hes bagged. He gets his usual feeling that no one understands him and warburton gets rid of a white elephant that has slowed the team down to a walking pace

Agree 100% with you.

7 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Do you rate him? I certainly don't as a footballer and even less as a person, re- trial if you read the post I answered you might get what I was on about, Joey is a rotten apple and one of them spoils the barrel.

He's been shite since he came here. At the time, I felt signing him was a no brainer.

He's not anywhere near as bad as people make him out to be. A few mistakes when he was younger, albeit they were big ones, have tarnished his career.

For what it's worth though if his version of events really is what happened then I don't think he's done anything wrong.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's been shite since he came here. At the time, I felt signing him was a no brainer.

He's not anywhere near as bad as people make him out to be. A few mistakes when he was younger, albeit they were big ones, have tarnished his career.

For what it's worth though if his version of events really is what happened then I don't think he's done anything wrong.

A few mistakes.....2, not 1, 2 jail sentences. Talk about making an understatement. Your wired to the moon, TLT..

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

We know the guy is brain dead anyway but in this case I don't know if he was just being stupid giving that interview or he's just looking for a way out, either way he's given Warburton the option. Fucking take it, Mark. 

Barton is under contract for 2yrs who pays him off