Joey sent home

scottjf82

4 minutes ago, borderbear said:

It has been a circus since he signed and he needs to be told to shut the fuck up. If he is so concerned with the traditions of our club there's one core principle he needs to learn- dignity. He did the tims team talk for them, then didn't turn up himself, two days later he's sent home, and now this interview where he's undermining the gaffers decision. It's final warning time from a managements position and he's been here 3 months. This is no way for a Rangers player to be behaving, and he needs to be told. 

After Saturday it was already make or break time for Warburton because he needed to get selection right after that 11 he put out on Saturday and find a way to get the team playing the brand of football we saw last year. Now he's got to nip this in the bud, maintain harmony in the group while trying to get the best out of what will be near our most expensive player in terms of wages. 

We have Rossiter, Crooks and Halliday who can all play that role and we'll be fine without him if it comes to that. It's time he started playing like a man with it all to prove because he fucking does.

I've been a bit bemused by some of the shite in this thread hence my snide contributions, but agree with everything you say there mate.

We have been taken for a ride these last few years, some would say we still are, but now we need to let people know (starting with Barton) that we are Rangers and we should be treated with respect and dignity.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dear Joey,I wrote you but still ain't calling
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not have got them
There probably was a problem at the post office or something.

your greatest fan, Ibrox noise

Well played :lol:

:mutley:

that you STEPPS? 

stan4.jpg

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Maybe you just scribble addresses too sloppy when you jot them...

God, I miss Walter. A disciplinarian. I am thankful for Rangers, but the traditions have been ripped apart. Joey Barton is Walters Diouf.  It only works if we match them on the pitch which I think we can, McKay scores that sitter to make it 2-2 its a different game. We need backbone. I miss Walter

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

It's at this point i am going to ask you what your point is?

Fair question bud. 

1. I don't believe JB version of events. You aren't sent home for a week for cross words. There is much much more to it than that and won't be an isolated incident. Warburton was making a stand to show him who's boss. Imo obviously.

2. When sent home there would have been conditions attached particularly given how high profile his absence would become on saturday. I think that would have included a social media ban or on discussing it with media. Again just imo.

3. Beacause of that, I think JB was the leak. He wanted to have his say against managerial orders and manufactured a legit way to give it.

4. I think giving his very carefully crafted twitter statement and then worse, going on radio, were both deliberate opening gambits to getting out of the club whilst still trying to maintain his reputation by saying its his winning attitude and rough edges that's at fault. Interesting when he says he isn't eloquent when in fact he's actually a very clever and intelligent man who I think is engineering an exit.

5. He's making Warburton take a stand and I think he's trying to get out. I hope Warburton obliges. But Brace yourself for the next move which is not coming back to training and it will be all about how all he wants is to play for the fans and win with Rangers but that he feels the leak and the manager's position on sending him home has made him the scapegoat and that the relationship has broken down. 

If I'm wrong......hands up bud ??

11 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Fair question bud. 

1. I don't believe JB version of events. You aren't sent home for a week for cross words. There is much much more to it than that and won't be an isolated incident. Warburton was making a stand to show him who's boss. Imo obviously.

2. When sent home there would have been conditions attached particularly given how high profile his absence would become on saturday. I think that would have included a social media ban or on discussing it with media. Again just imo.

3. Beacause of that, I think JB was the leak. He wanted to have his say against managerial orders and manufactured a legit way to give it.

4. I think giving his very carefully crafted twitter statement and then worse, going on radio, were both deliberate opening gambits to getting out of the club whilst still trying to maintain his reputation by saying its his winning attitude and rough edges that's at fault. Interesting when he says he isn't eloquent when in fact he's actually a very clever and intelligent man who I think is engineering an exit.

5. He's making Warburton take a stand and I think he's trying to get out. I hope Warburton obliges. But Brace yourself for the next move which is not coming back to training and it will be all about how all he wants is to play for the fans and win with Rangers but that he feels the leak and the manager's position on sending him home has made him the scapegoat and that the relationship has broken down. 

Fair enough assumptions mate.

I was just being a dick because all this speculation is doing my head in.

I think there is a lot more to it than meets the eye but we will probably never know the whole story.

I just wish we could get back to playing some decent football to take our mind off the off field circus.

Hopefully that starts tomorrow.

1 hour ago, borderbear said:

It has been a circus since he signed and he needs to be told to shut the fuck up. If he is so concerned with the traditions of our club there's one core principle he needs to learn- dignity. He did the tims team talk for them, then didn't turn up himself, two days later he's sent home, and now this interview where he's undermining the gaffers decision. It's final warning time from a managements position and he's been here 3 months. This is no way for a Rangers player to be behaving, and he needs to be told. 

After Saturday it was already make or break time for Warburton because he needed to get selection right after that 11 he put out on Saturday and find a way to get the team playing the brand of football we saw last year. Now he's got to nip this in the bud, maintain harmony in the group while trying to get the best out of what will be near our most expensive player in terms of wages. 

We have Rossiter, Crooks and Halliday who can all play that role and we'll be fine without him if it comes to that. It's time he started playing like a man with it all to prove because he fucking does.

I said the exact same thing about his rants on social media and also about respect and dignity which is what our club is all about, naturally some on here who like to give it billy big balls end up calling you all sorts because you dare criticise a player.

I actually cant see anything wrong with the letter and says pretty much everything I felt about Barton before he joined and more importantly how I feel about him right now.........he needs to button it and do his talking on the park. That letter says exactly that in a straight forward, no nonsense message, which is according to Barton himself the way he speaks to people so being blunt is perhaps the only way to get through to him

38 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Fair question bud. 

Your entitled to your opinion but what if Barton gave his opinion and it was directed at MW saying his philosophy is wrong, in front of the players. Could MW see that has him undermining his position? If it was about the Haliday bust up then surely both would have been called to MW's office.

I think Barton has clarified why he has defended his position, he worked hard to improve his image after his past history

I don't see Barton as the leak he's not slagging anyone off, he's not told any specifics as to what was said. He has just defended his name after a story was leaked Why would he throw himself under a bus.

The reverse could be said If the club wanted rid of him they could save their reputation by sacking him. Don't forget MW got hauled into a meeting with the directors after we lost.

He is making MW take a stand he either backs him or doesn't. I  hope the players views are taken into consideration and if MW's stategies are the problem I hope he sorts himself out

Same applies for me

Barton has shown us a less than professional side to his personality and very little of the abilities that encouraged us to sign him. 

He's put himself first by questioning the manager, openly questioning his decisions and undermining the manager on live radio.  To make matters worse he missed much of preseason training and as a consequence has been unfit to do his job.  He's now missing a further weeks training when on the evidence so far he can ill afford to. I'd rule him out of Aberdeen as well because he won't last the pace now...assuming of course he hasnt been demoted to the reserves by that point. 

I'd gladly see the back of him. Pish poor attitude.  Ability doesn't match his ego. He'd need to be Zidane if it did 

53 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Warburton sending him away is telling him that he can't act like that and he admitted as much when he was on the radio

He says he needs to change his approach  and has admitted that the gaffer has the final say, we don't need Ibrox Noise,SoS or anyone else to nip in

We just need it to settle and get back to normality and improve on the pitch 

Football move's forward and there's always a next game. A winning run starting tomorrow and him keeping his head down when he comes back and this all could be forgotten. Problem is going by his interview not sure he's capable of that. He needs it in black and white what's expected, and I don't think he has been told by the manager or he wouldn't be spouting his pish about Brown and Brenda. He'd got out of hand before this incident so I think the gaffer needs to learn from this as well because his comments giving fuel to our rivals fire could and should have been avoided.

All new signings should be told on the first day there's a way a Rangers man behaves. There's our traditions first and foremost and there's the fact the Scottish media would sensationalise a fart in the lobby at Auchenhowie and he's playing right into their hands. Walter, Sir Alex, Jock Wallace would all have the same take on this kind of shite. Warburton needs to make sure Joey knows the score from here on or get him to fuck. 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Barton is opinionated, and has used social media to redeem his public image there's no crime in that.  If the club want to silence players from talking on Twitter then they will need to write it into their contracts. 

Common sense should tell a 34 year old that you don't call up a national radio station to say your situation has been handled strangely, you've nothing to apologise for to the manager when clearly the manager disagrees.  He's undermined his boss. In any walk of life that doesn't end well. 

A pro would take his medicine, shut his trap and come back determined to make amends or at very least to prove everyone wrong.