Joey sent home

scottjf82

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

I always felt Barton was a strange signing, one which flew in the face of so much of what Warburton was espousing a year ago.

I think Warburton thought he was adding steel and experience. A few forceful personalities to carry our young team confidently into difficult venues. 

Sadly we have slowed our play with players whose legs can't cover the ground our system demands, inhibited our young players who are cowing to Barton (until now) and introduced a loose cannon where calm leadership (ala Davie Weir) was required.  

15 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Common sense should tell a 34 year old that you don't call up a national radio station to say your situation has been handled strangely, you've nothing to apologise for to the manager when clearly the manager disagrees.  He's undermined his boss. In any walk of life that doesn't end well. 

A pro would take his medicine, shut his trap and come back determined to make amends or at very least to prove everyone wrong.  

Someone should of told him about the dignified silence clause in his contract then. My questions to Joey would be how did he feel his situation was being handled strangely. What was said and by whom that made him feel he needed to defend his reputation. 

6 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Common sense should tell a 34 year old that you don't call up a national radio station to say your situation has been handled strangely, you've nothing to apologise for to the manager when clearly the manager disagrees.  He's undermined his boss. In any walk of life that doesn't end well. 

A pro would take his medicine, shut his trap and come back determined to make amends or at very least to prove everyone wrong.  

To be fair, if my manager sent me home from work for something I didn't agree with and I heard people making assumptions and talking about what a trouble making bastard I was, I'd probably want to set them straight.

I'm not a pro footballer and the people making assumptions don't make up half the population of the country so it's not quite on the same scale but you get the point.

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

To be fair, if my manager sent me home from work for something I didn't agree with and I heard people making assumptions and talking about what a trouble making bastard I was, I'd probably want to set them straight.

I'm not a pro footballer and the people making assumptions don't make up half the population of the country so it's not quite on the same scale but you get the point.

anyone man would defend is reputation against something that was not true.

Really one and all, he spoke his mind the manager disagreed and sent him home to reflect.

Hope Mark is doing the same as Joey has showed passion throughout his career and maybe it's not Joey who needs a reality check but all the rest.

Joey will improve, and in time will become a great asset to our team, so for me now this may be the kick up the ass we need right now as things on the pitch need a boost.      

shake-head-no.gif

Just now, Carling1873 said:

Really one and all, he spoke his mind the manager disagreed and sent him home to reflect.

Sending someone home to reflect surely doesn't mean them having a wee think then starting spouting on Twitter and TalkSport tho.

Just listened to his radio interview. Some points he made it can agree with and he does talk sense at times, but to me it seems like he's digging a huge hole for himself and after it is don't see an easy way back for him. Can imagine Warburton is raging if he's heard it, he is basically undermining him a lot of the time. Think he needs to remember he's only been with us a few months. 

10 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Someone should of told him about the dignified silence clause in his contract then. My questions to Joey would be how did he feel his situation was being handled strangely. What was said and by whom that made him feel he needed to defend his reputation. 

He was sent home by the manager. 'Handled strangely' is a dig at his manager - on a live radio show. He made other comments that indicated his disregard for his managers decision. 

That is all anyone really has to understand to then understand that Barton is done under Warburton.  If Warburton let's him away he will be showing terrible weakness and lose the respect of players who have been good for him until now 

15 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I think Warburton thought he was adding steel and experience. A few forceful personalities to carry our young team confidently into difficult venues. 

Sadly we have slowed our play with players whose legs can't cover the ground our system demands, inhibited our young players who are cowing to Barton (until now) and introduced a loose cannon where calm leadership (ala Davie Weir) was required.  

I know what you're saying but surely there were other options out there who met the criteria but were a bit younger, fitter, cheaper, and didn't have the chequered past and the Twitter and radio sideshow.

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He was sent home by the manager. 'Handled strangely' is a dig at his manager - on a live radio show. He made other comments that indicated his disregard for his managers decision. 

That is all anyone really has to understand to then understand that Barton is done under Warburton.  If Warburton let's him away he will be showing terrible weakness and lose the respect of players who have been good for him until now 

Something made Joey say it was being handled strangely he's worked under different managers so would know if something didn't appear right. I don't think he made any digs in that interview, he just defended himself. Question is . What was said and by whom that made him feel he needed to defend his reputation?  

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

I know what you're saying but surely there were other options out there who met the criteria but were a bit younger, fitter, cheaper, and didn't have the chequered past and the Twitter and radio sideshow.

Perhaps but Barton was signed and sealed fairly early on. We must have thought he was too good a player to turn down and he probably helped us convince others to come. A marker in our grander dealings.  Hindsight and all that... 

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

Sending someone home to reflect surely doesn't mean them having a wee think then starting spouting on Twitter and TalkSport tho.

Think you miss the point, if your asked your opinion and you give it honestly, however abrupt it may come across and your manager dislikes it, why ask.

My point is Joey, no matter what people think about him he is passionate about every club he has played for including ours, he is a winner,  Mark needs to embrace this (Ian Ferguson).

For me I have no problem with him regarding Talk Sport as he showed his passion and want's to be a winner with Rangers.

10 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Just listened to his radio interview. Some points he made it can agree with and he does talk sense at times, but to me it seems like he's digging a huge hole for himself and after it is don't see an easy way back for him. Can imagine Warburton is raging if he's heard it, he is basically undermining him a lot of the time. Think he needs to remember he's only been with us a few months. 

Thing is, he's probably not used to everything being so focused on up here

We dominate the news, we are the only show really in scotland and if he was to tweet he wiped his arse it would be back stage stuff where as down south they've got massive players, managers and super clubs who dominate the back pages, it's probably a lot more intense than he thought

Once he is back I think it would be in his best interests to just keep quiet and do the talking on the pitch, I don't have any issue with his radio interview though but the best for all involved is silence from now on and find the fucking leak

11 hours ago, Pennyboy said:

Right , so because Andy Halliday (a mediocre player at best )is a rangers supporter ,he should be the 'go to guy' to fix any problems we have?.99% of people on here are Rangers supporters, why don't we all chip in too ffs. 

The heated discussion, according to reports, was between Andy Halliday and Joey.

If you read my post I was pointing out that AH as a long time Rangers supporter and now a player, regardless of your opinion of him as a player, has more idea of what is expected from a Rangers player than Joey, who has played no more than three 90 min games for us.

The fact that there are now some 56 pages of posts from fans stating their opinions, proves we all do chip in.

2 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

We dominate the news, we are the only show really in scotland and if he was to tweet he wiped his arse it would be back stage stuff where as down south they've got massive players, managers and super clubs who dominate the back pages, it's probably a lot more intense than he thought

Once he is back I think it would be in his best interests to just keep quiet and do the talking on the pitch, I don't have any issue with his radio interview though but the best for all involved is silence from now on and find the fucking leak

This (tu)

4 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Agree mate. But the question is will he. I highly doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Think you miss the point, if your asked your opinion and you give it honestly, however abrupt it may come across and your manager dislikes it, why ask.

My point is Joey, no matter what people think about him he is passionate about every club he has played for including ours, he is a winner,  Mark needs to embrace this (Ian Ferguson).

For me I have no problem with him regarding Talk Sport as he showed his passion and want's to be a winner with Rangers.

This (tu)

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Something made Joey say it was being handled strangely he's worked under different managers so would know if something didn't appear right. I don't think he made any digs in that interview, he just defended himself. Question is . What was said and by whom that made him feel he needed to defend his reputation?  

This isn't a complicated issue despite your apparent determination to muddy the waters. He's publicly undermined his manager. If he isn't dealt with the manager will lose his authority. It doesn't matter what he said or even of he is right because regardless he should never in a million years be calling up a talk show whilst suspended to question his suspension.