Joey sent home

scottjf82

16 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He was sent home by the manager. 'Handled strangely' is a dig at his manager - on a live radio show. He made other comments that indicated his disregard for his managers decision. 

That is all anyone really has to understand to then understand that Barton is done under Warburton.  If Warburton let's him away he will be showing terrible weakness and lose the respect of players who have been good for him until now 

Totally disagree, he said in the interview that Mark is the gaffer and respects his decision, I don't think he undermined him at all, by saying strange he maybe meant he didn't think the situation was that bad to be sent away and is therefore playing down the whole thing

He doesn't say he isn't apologising either but says there is nothing to apologise for, it's maybe just us looking at it differently and only time will tell I suppose if he is finished, will be interest to hear Warburton tomorrow but I have a feeling t will be swerved

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

This isn't a complicated issue despite your apparent determination to muddy the waters. He's publicly undermined his manager. If he isn't dealt with the manager will lose his authority. It doesn't matter what he said or even of he is right because regardless he should never in a million years be calling up a talk show whilst suspended to question his suspension. 

shake-head-no.gif

Just now, trueblueal said:

This isn't a complicated issue despite your apparent determination to muddy the waters. He's publicly undermined his manager. If he isn't dealt with the manager will lose his authority. It doesn't matter what he said or even of he is right because regardless he should never in a million years be calling up a talk show whilst suspended to question his suspension. 

Don't turn on me because I don't share the same opinion as you. The guy is being character assassinated I don't see where he has undermined the manager.

13 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

Think you miss the point, if your asked your opinion and you give it honestly, however abrupt it may come across and your manager dislikes it, why ask.

My point is Joey, no matter what people think about him he is passionate about every club he has played for including ours, he is a winner,  Mark needs to embrace this (Ian Ferguson).

For me I have no problem with him regarding Talk Sport as he showed his passion and want's to be a winner with Rangers.

Passion, winner... bullshit.

Capture.png

This is Rangers we're talking about here mate.

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Totally disagree, he said in the interview that Mark is the gaffer and respects his decision, I don't think he undermined him at all, by saying strange he maybe meant he didn't think the situation was that bad to be sent away and is therefore playing down the whole thing

He doesn't say he isn't apologising either but says there is nothing to apologise for, it's maybe just us looking at it differently and only time will tell I suppose if he is finished, will be interest to hear Warburton tomorrow but I have a feeling t will be swerved

He's full of contradictions because he isn't as smart as he thinks.

He's sorry but he's not sorry (twitter).

He respects the managers decision but doesn't think it was necessary, has nothing to apologise for and thinks it has been handled strangely. 

He thinks this stuff should remain in the dressing room but admits he's a hypocrite to say so. 

He has revealed his level of 'respect' through his actions. 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

He's full of contradictions because he isn't as smart as he thinks.

He's sorry but he's not sorry (twitter).

He respects the managers decision but doesn't think it was necessary, has nothing to apologise for and thinks it has been handled strangely. 

He thinks this stuff should remain in the dressing room but admits he's a hypocrite to say so. 

He has revealed his level of 'respect' through his actions. 

Which all points to him trying to play it down imo

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Don't turn on me because I don't share the same opinion as you. The guy is being character assassinated I don't see where he has undermined the manager.

Totally agree, we have had passionate players in the past which have had spats with their manages, however someone in our current set up seems to think this one should be done in public doh!    

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

OK so you've been suspended from work on Tuesday and told to report to the manager the following  Monday. The reason you were suspended is you argued with colleague and when the boss took you aside to have a word you continued your conduct but with the boss. 

He gives you a chance to go home, calm down and clear your head. Come back Monday and we can talk this over. 

You instead call into a national broadcoaster and question the boss on live radio.

How does this end? 

How anyone can think he's not undermined the manager is beyond me 

Just now, Carling1873 said:

Tell you what you seem to be the one being selective, why not post his whole carrier or does that not suit your agenda.

I posted the whole of the 'Honours' section from his Wikipedia entry.

Wikipedia is quite reliable these days.

Again, what has been missed?

26 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

OK so you've been suspended from work on Tuesday and told to report to the manager the following  Monday. The reason you were suspended is you argued with colleague and when the boss took you aside to have a word you continued your conduct but with the boss. 

He gives you a chance to go home, calm down and clear your head. Come back Monday and we can talk this over. 

You instead call into a national broadcoaster and question the boss on live radio.

How does this end? 

How anyone can think he's not undermined the manager is beyond me 

Point is something happened between him being told to go home and defending himself on twitter, then the radio. What was said to him and who said it, that made him feel he needed to defend his reputation?. He said in the interview he respects the managers decisions.

My two cents;

The Club and Barton have both dealt with this terribly, unless somebody is lying there is no way some verbals deserve a weeks suspension and no way a player should get away spouting shite on Twitter and the Radio freely.

Regarding the incident I think a mountain has been made out of a molehill, things like this have happened at our Club before and far worse. You could argue Joey has the cheek to criticise anyone considering his poor performances but I have a funny feeling that few in our squad are willing to pull anyone up or most seem to be unable to take criticism including Warburton. Past Rangers teams had loads of leaders on the park who were vocal, these days I don't see that bar maybe Miller, Halliday was right to hit back at Barton but lets be fair he's been poor since the Semi against the Mhanky Mhob so the argument for Barton being out of order stands for Halliday. 

I hope this is resolved soon and we can push on, I'd love this to be a pivotal moment in our season and we harness the anger and frustration into a push at challening the Tarriers.

I'm three sheets to the wind so this probably is an incoherent babble but there you go.

Fuck yer Harry...

I hope he cleared that radio interview with Warburton because if I was the gaffer I wouldn't be happy airing our dirty washing all over the radio!! 

But as a fan I'm happy to hear barton doesn't have a problem with Halliday and he thinks all the players are actually trying. Also he has accepted the gaffers decision and he will carry on this coming Monday. For me it's cleared the air a little.

As for Warburton, I actually think he's done the right thing. For me he's told Joey that he's not happy on how he has acted and that he needs some time away to chill. It shows Warburton isn't afraid of ego's and he's pulling him into line!!

I personally wish Joey would talk less with his mouth/thumbs and more with his feet!