Joey sent home

scottjf82

I've been thinking about this a lot and still don't really know where I stand tbh.

On one hand I've listened to Joey Barton's TalkSport interview from this afternoon and read his Tweets last night and actually thought fair play - good on you - you are speaking from the heart and you've said enough times you refuse to apologise for wanting Rangers to win games of football. He said loads on the interview he just wants Rangers to do well and is passionate about that.

On the other hand, I don't think there's simply anyway you get suspended for a training ground bust-up. These happen every day at every senior team world wide, I'd imagine? ... any manager worth his salt would sit and watch the heated exchanges and have a sense of pride inside even if he has to step in and tell everyone to wise the fuck up.

That's why I think there's a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Maybe there's slightly more truth in the report about him getting heated with the manager and going toe-to-toe with him? if he has then he's totally undermined the manager and shouldn't play for us again in spite of any passionate talk about just wanting Rangers to win.

But then another thought creeped into my head. This is probably the first time Mark Warburton has felt pressure as Rangers manager and is maybe dealing with it badly and using Barton as his scapegoat? ... I would hope not. Regardless of what you think about Warburton's signings, team selections and tactics recently he surely wouldn't do that?

This is actually a pretty pointless post as I'm still no further forward and just covered a few bases but what they say about there being 3-sides to every story (his side, your side and the truth) is probably closer to the truth.

I don't think the management will be happy at Barton going to TalkSport and spilling the beans (even though he didn't say too much we didn't already know) ... he said something near the end of the interview about the landscape has now changed for him and he has to rethink things - is that a hint he's quitting? if so my gut feeling tells me that might be for the best - I can't see this working out for either party.

Always thought Barton was a bell end but did think he would add something we were missing this year so thought i would give him a chance.

For me he goes against what i think a Rangers player should be. We have never been the type to shout our mouths off. Gazza came with baggage but he had the ability to offset that. Barton is average and is going about it all in the wrong manner.

So just listened to the interview and sorry but Barton is bang out of order with talking to the press on the subjects he has. I can't see Warburton or any other manager accepting that.

I agree with a lot of what he is saying but I don't believe he should be saying it. He is contradicting his manager on many different points.

Big test of Warburtons man management ability coming up now.

MW has always said he will only sign people who are right on and off the pitch, if they don't fit in the dressing room then he won't have them here. Lets see if he stands by those words, if he does then I think Barton is finished with Warburton. 

7 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Get Barton to fuck. Halliday is younger, hungrier and a Rangers man. Its a no-brainer.

Barton is a ruined waste.

Being younger, hungrier and a Rangers man counts for fuckall if he only has a shred of the footballing ability Barton does.

12 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Being younger, hungrier and a Rangers man counts for fuckall if he only has a shred of the footballing ability Barton does.

You need to give it a fuckin rest sliding up that tarrier bastards arse. Haliday has been poor , granted. But he hasn't been running his mouth about how good he is ever since he signed. I would have Haliday in the side long before that clown.

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

First of all Barton has to show us that footballing ability

100% agree with you mate. He hasn't shown it yet but anyone that thinks Halliday is anywhere near the player Barton is needs to take off the blue tinted specs off. Being a Rangers man seems to make people blind to the fact that Halliday isn't actually that good.

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You need to give it a fuckin rest sliding up that tarrier bastards arse. Haliday has been poor , granted. But he hasn't been running his mouth about how good he is ever since he signed. I would have Haliday in the side long before that clown.

The only person that needs to give it a rest here is you. You've made a complete arse of yourself in this thread.

7 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Passion, winner... bullshit.

Capture.png

This is Rangers we're talking about here mate.

With all due respect, and feel free to prove me wrong on this...

Even if he does only have 3 club honours, isn't that more than the majority of the other players in our squad?

4 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

100% agree with you mate. He hasn't shown it yet but anyone that thinks Halliday is anywhere near the player Barton is needs to take off the blue tinted specs off. Being a Rangers man seems to make people blind to the fact that Halliday isn't actually that good.

Completely agree that Barton is a better footballer , but has he been a better footballer for Rangers ? At this point no , we don't even know if he is going to get the chance to prove us otherwise on the back of this nonsense , I would love nothing more than him to do so however   So far his signing has been nothing but a sideshow 

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

The only person that needs to give it a rest here is you. You've made a complete arse of yourself in this thread.

Fuck off ya clown for days on here you have continued to slaughter Haliday and stick up for that pape. Who is it thats suspended ? Its no big bad Haliday. The whole team has been pish but Barton is a shit stirring bastard and always has been . That why me and many more on here didn't want the prick anywhere near the club , and thats not even mentioning the fact that he's a tarrier and a fan of the scum.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck off ya clown for days on here you have continued to slaughter Haliday and stick up for that pape. Who is it thats suspended ? Its no big bad Haliday. The whole team has been pish but Barton is a shit stirring bastard and always has been . That why me and many more on here didn't want the prick anywhere near the club , and thats not even mentioning the fact that he's a tarrier and a fan of the scum.

Stating the fact that he's not that good is slaughtering him?

Sorry mate. I'll try and adopt your mindset and see if we get along any better ok...

Get Barton to fuck, I don't care if he's actually showing a bit of passion and that he actually cares that we've been pure shite this season, he tweeted about the tarriers a couple of times a few years ago. Sack him!

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Stating the fact that he's not that good is slaughtering him?

Sorry mate. I'll try and adopt your mindset and see if we get along any better ok...

Get Barton to fuck, I don't care if he's actually showing a bit of passion and that he actually cares that we've been pure shite this season, he tweeted about the tarriers a couple of times a few years ago. Sack him!

As soon as you found out it was Haliday involved you and another few clowns decided it was all Halidays fault and Barton was a fuckin angel.

Everywhere the prick has played he's caused bother like this and it was only a matter of time till it happened , and if he's allowed to stay it will happen again. I will never slaughter one of my own over that papish bastard no matter how badly he's playing.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

As soon as you found out it was Haliday involved you and another few clowns decided it was all Halidays fault and Barton was a fuckin angel.

Everywhere the prick has played he's caused bother like this and it was only a matter of time till it happened , and if he's allowed to stay it will happen again. I will never slaughter one of my own over that papish bastard no matter how badly he's playing.

Where did I say it was Halliday's fault? I said it could be a concern that he's been involved in arguments with 2 players already this season, albeit the thing with Foderingham didn't have much in it.

Never said he was to blame for the Barton thing at all but continue to put words in my mouth to suit your agenda if you like.

And I'll criticise any player that deserves it, don't give a fuck what religion they are.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

the abuse you throw around on here to fellow bears is horrendous by the way. 

You look incapable of a decent debate without calling someone a "prick" or "tarrier" 

We're all just bears with different opinions. 

This coming from the genius that continually gives me stick , fuckin priceless . Thankfully we still have enough protestant fans that agree with most of my beliefs.

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

This coming from the genius that continually gives me stick , fuckin priceless . Thankfully we still have enough protestant fans that agree with most of my beliefs.

"Continually gives you stick" :lol: 

There are some right good bears on here that have all sorts of opinions - you show no good Protestant values toward them  

I hope at church this Sunday you will be thinking and praying about your abusive behaviour  

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

To be fair to him he is right, you've made a complete arse of yourself.  The fact that you're a fully grown man and think his religion should have any impact on whether or not he should be at Rangers, and are constantly bring it up, is an embarrassment. 

And another tarrier sympathiser turns up . That will do for me , place is infested.