****The Official Rangers v Queen of the South thread****

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Seems to be leaning back lots when having g a shot, inevitably that means it goes high, still one of the first in my team 

Yeah I think he's a brilliant player. Him Tav and Windass have probably been the biggest influences so far this season. Hoping Holt Hodson and Garner get there too, and look forward to seeing what crooks is all about.

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Garner would score that.  

This made me laugh cause we have seen next to nothing of Garner and also anyone can be caught by surprise now and again ?

Waggy isn't really an out and out CF. his best position for me is on the right, stick Garner up top. It begs the question then of Miller/McKay/MOH and potentially Forrester all competing for the left spot. 

I actually think we have too many similar players and expect Miller will be on his way at end of contract. 

Gutted about Windass. 

Waggy should stay on another 15mins to keep building his sharpness then make way for Garner to come on and hopefully get a goal. I really do feel like we have seen nothing from Garner yet.. Hoping this changes soon.

I imagine the QoS manager (Gavin Skelton is it these days) will be looking for his team to open up and show their attacking worth to reflect their form this season.   Which would be good for us on 2 counts - 2 is more space to attack them and 2 we'll see if two left footed CBs can combine to defend well enough. 

That said, it was a poor first half with little by way of invention from the midfield and strikers.  

5 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Difficult to compare considering the standard of players they've been up against. Wallace frustrates the fuck out of me because he won't tackle an attacking player, always showing them the inside hoping he's not beaten

Ive thought that every time Ive seen Hodson.. granted, he hasnt played much, but he looks like a much better passer of the ball and a better defender. 

Midway through that first half we were really toiling, but then there seemed to be a wee bit of steely determination and when it came through with a goal our manager and players reaction was muted and I thought good, they realise the importance of grafting for goals now too.

That's what we need now, steely determination. I don't think we will turn in to the flowing team of last year quickly again after the awful start to the season, to many teams will be out to match us now, so will have to rely on commitment and hard work to get us in to winning ways, and if in doubt remember the importance of the badge.

Might actually be a good thing we have come up against a stubborn QOS team, requires us to bring in that extra effort.

Let's see the determination continue in the second half.

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

This made me laugh cause we have seen next to nothing of Garner and also anyone can be caught by surprise now and again ?

Waggy isn't really an out and out CF. his best position for me is on the right, stick Garner up top. It begs the question then of Miller/McKay/MOH and potentially Forrester all competing for the left spot. 

I actually think we have too many similar players and expect Miller will be on his way at end of contract. 

Gutted about Windass. 

Waggy should stay on another 15mins to keep building his sharpness then make way for Garner to come on and hopefully get a goal. I really do feel like we have seen nothing from Garner yet.. Hoping this changes soon.

But a guy from the PNE forum said he was brilliant in the air! :D

It was kinda tongue n cheek mate. ;)

Hodson has looked impressive but the gaffer won't drop Wallace unless he does something ridiculous a couple of games in a row and Tav is unbelievable and we have way too many wingers already to consider moving him further forward.... So back to the bench for him. Only an injury will see him get consistent games for me.