****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

Past 2 games we have looked better. Yes we didnt get the goal against Ross County but we created enough chances and on another day we would have scored. 

I hope tomorrow is when our season finally kick starts.  We will win tomorrow if we play the way we know we can but if we are carrying any passengers then we will struggle.

19 hours ago, rfc1990 said:

As much as I want Windass to play, if he's not fully fit he should give it a miss. It's a long season and more important games ahead. 

Yup, I just hope that we don't rush him back. If he's not fit to play 90 mins he shouldn't start. 

As big a miss as he would be, Forrester could come in alongside Holt with Halliday behind them.

15 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Got a strong feeling we will get a result tomorrow, just a vibe.

Same way I didn't think we would win against the tarriers or Ross County. 

3-1 Rangers.

Yes, I'm feeling more and more confident as well.

The  only thing that worries me is how our defence plays and although we've kept 2 clean sheets recently and not lost a lot of goals, except for the 'fluke' game, I'm changing from 2-1 to us winning 3-1 as well.

I do fear Keirnan returning and making a cunt of it, but he may well return and have a blinder.

He has had one or two I think, but it's hard for me to remember what games they were.

27 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Got a strong feeling we will get a result tomorrow, just a vibe.

Same way I didn't think we would win against the tarriers or Ross County. 

3-1 Rangers.

Dunno mate! Hope to fuck I'm wrong but I just can't see it. We seem to be lacking that extra bit of quality and missing a leader. Not sure our players are up for the atmosphere at Pittodrie although I'm basing it on their shitebag performance against the scum. Would take a 95th minute og winner just now tbh!

5 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

The  only thing that worries me is how our defence plays and although we've kept 2 clean sheets recently and not lost a lot of goals, except for the 'fluke' game, I'm changing from 2-1 to us winning 3-1 as well.

I do fear Keirnan returning and making a cunt of it, but he may well return and have a blinder.

He has had one or two I think, but it's hard for me to remember what games they were.

Played well in the 4-0 win against Dundee and semi against the inbreds. ??

3 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Me too mate. I might be wrong, but I think Warbuton is going to show a bit of loyalty to Hill and Wilson for this one. Surely Kiernan needs to be taken out of the spotlight for a while after his horror showing at the piggery.

42 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Same defence as Tuesday. Niko to be involved in some way whether starting or sub given the fact he set up most of the goals on Tuesday.

I personally would bring Niko on as a sub , this game is possibly going to start 100 mph and it could pass him by like the piggery . 

7 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I personally would bring Niko on as a sub , this game is possibly going to start 100 mph and it could pass him by like the piggery . 

I agree with this. This type of game won't suit him at all. We need a midfield three who are ready to get stuck right in and get about the pitch

38 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

Think windass is out 100% now he's just tweeted and i noticed he posted tweet in north west of England rest of team where training this morning and now on way up to Aberdeen 

Very frustrating, not blaming him as he can't help it but he's looked really talented whenever he's played but just can't avoid wee niggles, the next Jamie Ness? Made of Salt & Vinegar crisps 

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Halliday, Windass and Holt.

Forrester in for Windass if he's not fit.

Aye that's the three I'd go with as well mate. Forrester better not get overwhelmed by the occasion and snap some-cunt in two, that'd be a shame eh... :ph34r: 

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

51 I think he is. He's been about for yonks man. I still have absolutely no idea where his accent stems from

I think that picture is the first I have ever seen him , I always just imagined him looking like the English Archie McPherson , always imagined he did have glasses though so I got one thing right :lol:

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Very frustrating, not blaming him as he can't help it but he's looked really talented whenever he's played but just can't avoid wee niggles, the next Jamie Ness? Made of Salt & Vinegar crisps 

Yeh seems he's always got little niggles just as he starts to get going. Still fancy us tomorrow holt playing will be massive and willson has been better of late 

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Aye that's the three I'd go with as well mate. Forrester better not get overwhelmed by the occasion and snap some-cunt in two, that'd be a shame eh... :ph34r: 

Well he's a Rangers player mate so he better be able to cope or he doesn't belong. Has the talent for sure, on his day he'd terrorise every team in our division.

22 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

A sub could be good. His set ups and pass accuracy when on form are sublime. Not to mention his goals.

Still don't think he is fully fit but getting there and he is a team player.

I went up to Aberdeen in the late 70s for a week or so to try to get a job on the rigs. After a couple of days I remember saying to my mates that if I ever got jailed I hope they send me to Aberdeen as I would lie in my cell  thinking it's better in here than out there in the streets of Aberdeen. What a shitehole it is.

Any three points and I'll be happy but fancy a 0-3/1-3 scenario