****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

This is a must win. Build off the performance tonight and silence the naysayers. We need to send a message in the league.

Delighted that Windass and Holt changes were just precautionary.

Starting XI should be something like this...

Fodderingham

Tavernier                 Hill                       Wilson                  Hodson

Halliday

Forrester                             Windass

MOH                             Waghorn                                 Holt

It worked today (with the exception of the pre match Windass change) but we'll need his pace on Sunday.

Difficult to leave McKay out for Holt after his performance today when he came on, but I believe he played that well to prove a point. Play Holt to start with and bring McKay on in the second half to make an impact like he did today.

Wes

Tav  Wilson  Hill  Hodson

Forrester/Windass  Halliday  Holt

MOH   Waghorn   McKay/Forrester

Still undecided if I want McKay to start. Could potentially throw Garner in and put Waggy out wide but after tonight's goals I think he deserves a shot in the middle. If Windass is fit then I'd drop McKay and put Forrester out wide and Windass in the midfield. 

3 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

This is a must win. Build off the performance tonight and silence the naysayers. We need to send a message in the league.

Delighted that Windass and Holt changes were just precautionary.

Starting XI should be something like this...

Fodderingham

Tavernier                 Hill                       Wilson                  Hodson

Halliday

Forrester                             Windass

MOH                             Waghorn                                 Holt

It worked today (with the exception of the pre match Windass change) but we'll need his pace on Sunday.

Difficult to leave McKay out for Holt after his performance today when he came on, but I believe he played that well to prove a point. Play Holt to start with and bring McKay on in the second half to make an impact like he did today.

Holt as a winger would be horrendous. Stick Forrester there.

10 minutes ago, gkb10127 said:

what about a 442 with waghorn and garner upfront?

This is just stupid talk and won't happen. 

We can beat the sheep. But only if we stick to our identity of playing as per last season. We can pass the ball quickly and efficiently but we need to stick to that style. Just forget Barton if he won't leave for nothing, he doesn't fit the style so even if we don't sack him just let him rot in the reserves until he begs us to let him go with no payoff. 

Forrester would unfortunately miss out along with Hill and Krancjar but I would go with...

Wes

Tav Wilson Senderos Hodson

Halliday

Windass Holt

MOH Waghorn McKay

I think MW will go with

Wes

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Halliday

Windass Holt

Miller Waghorn McKay

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

It's hard for us to tell, but if he's got 60 minutes in him I'd play Crooks as CDM. His touch looked decent tonight and he brings much needed height into the side. 

Not sure how much holding he wants to do. Looked to get forward tonight at every opportunity. 

16 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Tin hat on but I'd play Senderos with Wilson. 

Hill has done well but is slow.

I worry about him on the ball if we get pressed. The game on Sunday will be probably be high intensity and I'm not sure he can cope with that playing the ball out from the back. He kept it simple tonight and Saturday and did well but was under very little pressure. 

7 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Not sure how much holding he wants to do. Looked to get forward tonight at every opportunity. 

At 4-0 up I think he wanted to impress and QOTS were hardly pressing to score. IIRC he did score a decent amount of AS last Season, but still. He's an option.

Was Windass sitting out and Holt coming off just precautions? I hope so because with Holt and Windass in there I thought we had the balance right again.

If we are going 4-3-3 and Holt/Windass is fit then ..

Fod

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Windass Holt Halliday

Forrester Waghorn Garner

Without Holt/Windass then ...

Fod

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Forrester Krancjer Halliday

O'Halloran Waghorn Garner

I don't really fancy the second team much if I'm honest.

Aside from bringing Foderingham back in, I'd have no issues starting the same team we went with tonight.

McKay done well when he came on, need to see more of that from him though so I'd keep him on the bench again at the weekend and hope for a similar impact when he comes on.

It won't happen though. It's absolutely nailed on that unless he's injured Wallace will come back in.