****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

11 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

No chance Windass will be playing.

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Was Windass sitting out and Holt coming off just precautions? I hope so because with Holt and Windass in there I thought we had the balance right again.

If we are going 4-3-3 and Holt/Windass is fit then ..

Fod

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Windass Holt Halliday

Forrester Waghorn Garner

Without Holt/Windass then ...

Fod

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Forrester Krancjer Halliday

O'Halloran Waghorn Garner

I don't really fancy the second team much if I'm honest.

10 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Windass will play

Warburton said post match leaving Josh off was precautionary. It was a slight thigh strain at best. Could have probably played last night but no point taking that risk. Could well feature at some point on Saturday IMO

Same with Holt. He may also feature. 

Wes

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Holt Halliday Windass

MOH Waghorn Forrester

Team pretty much picks itself now. Bit harsh on Garner, would also prefer Rossiter to Halliday but can't see him being dropped straight into this. Harsh on Hodson as well who had a great game last night.

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

Warburton said post match leaving Josh off was precautionary. It was a slight thigh strain at best. Could have probably played last night but no point taking that risk. Could well feature at some point on Saturday IMO

Good news mate 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Windass and Tav weren't.

Okay, so it's fine to play those two against Aberdeen but anyone else and it's a mistake which proves the manager hasn't learned any lessons from the Old Firm game?  Our team collapsed that day yet people on here talk like it was an incident involving only Niko Kranjcar.

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

I'm sure he said Windass will be fine (tu)

Massive game imo.  

First game against the sheep for 4 &  a half years and a chance to get this season on track. 

I would go with the same team as last night bringing in Wes, Wallace & Windass (if fit). 

Actually fancy us but not sure if thats just a big win against lower opposition giving me false hope. We'll see! 

Rangers 6 - Sheep 1 :pipe:

First half last night I thought we played ok but felt our passing was a little slow at times which allowed QOTS to get settled and pack the penalty box.  In the second half we were much quicker and the passing was a lot slicker and that’s the intensity and slickness we MUST start the game on Sunday with.

My line up would be …

Foderingham – Still number one for me, Gilks didn’t have a lot to do last night.

Tavernier – Not sure whets up with him these days but he looks a shadow of the player he was last season.  I thought when he got forward last night he looked good and hopefully we can see some more of that on Sunday.

Wilson – Still not a fan but he seems to have the best form of the other CBs so he keeps his place, needs to be 100% focussed on Sunday.

Hill – Neither centre half had much to do last night but when called into action he looked composed.  I’m still not convinced though and pace could be an issue however like Wilson his form is slightly better than others and he will offer us at threat at corners.

Wallace – I thought Hodson did ok last night but nothing to write home about, Wallace comes back in for me, let’s hope the rest has done his some good.

Halliday – I thought he was superb last night, covered every blade of grass and was involved with most of our good play.  He seems to be charged up at the moment and you know he will give 110% for the jersey.

Holt – Thought he was a little out of the game in spells, but took his goal really well and was unlucky not to see the second half.  His ability to get forward and support the striker is key and hopefully he’s fully for Sunday.

Windass – Disappointed not to see him play last night, for me he’s been the signing of the summer so far and I think he’s going to be a superb asset for us.  Again like Holt I hope the exclusion was only precautionary and he’ll be fully fit for Aberdeen.

McKay – He’s been taking a lot of stick this season and probably rightly so but I thought he was superb when he came on last night.  Every time he got the ball he looked dangerous and you felt we were going to get something out the move.  Two assists and a good night’s work, time for him to kick and start putting in similar performances against bigger teams.

Waghorn – Thought his movement in the first half was slow and predictable at times, didn’t really seem in the game much.  Second half he was the Wag we know, making runs, playing off the shoulder, just being a nuisance, he was superb and took his goals really well, unlucky not have had more.

O’Halloran – This was a tough one because I thought both he and Forrester had good games but for me he just edged it.  Like McKay I thought he was more direct with his runs and you can’t argue with his two assists.  Forrester for me just a little selfish at times, taking the shot when and easier pass was available.

I was impressed by Kranjcar last night, its pretty clear his legs won’t carry him around the park at the pace he used to but his passing is world class.  The ability to cut open a defence with a single through ball.  We need to start with more energy on Sunday but he’ll be a good option off the bench should we need someone to open up the game.

I think I'd play Forrester deeper and Windass further forward for this game. I still prefer Forrester inside and he's more combative in midfield than Windass, which could be important.

I'd go...

Fod

Tav      Wilson       Hill       Wallace

Halliday

Forrester         Holt

O'H            Waghorn           Windass

Doesn't strike me as a game for McKay. Can see him being bullied a bit and drifting out of it. Impact sub for him.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think I'd play Forrester deeper and Windass further forward for this game. I still prefer Forrester inside and he's more combative in midfield than Windass, which could be important.

I'd go...

Fod

Halliday

Forrester         Holt

Doesn't strike me as a game for McKay. Can see him being bullied a bit and drifting out of it. Impact sub for him.

Same line up as me mate , I 100%   Agree Harry will get stuck in and turns on the ball well to link up and Windass has the pace and power required up field

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I'd go...

Fod

Halliday

Forrester         Holt

I actually thought Forrester was much less effective when he dropped into the middle last night before he was taken off. Suppose that may have been something to do with the knock he took towards the end of the first half though.

Even so, I'd go with the same team that started last night except with Foderingham back in goal.

Wallace will almost certainly come in for Hodson too.

I actually think Gilks looks a fantastic keeper and I reckon had we signed him first, it would be wes taking the benched slot as opposed to the other way around, he looks to be very good at commanding his area, has very quick reactions and is good with his feet. Both are more than capable keepers and for once in a while we could have either of the two keepers in and I wouldn't care.