Joe Garner.

Dado'sMulls

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

For me Garner needs to chill abit when playing, he gets frustrated too easily with the physicality of the Scottish game. The opposition see that and play it to their advantage. He needs to get a grip on it before he gets red carded.

It's not specific to the Scottish game.  Garner was the most booked player in last seasons English Championship. 

5 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Get a grip ffs.

He's the type of CF who will give everything at the risk of a booking. He goes head to head and fights like fuck.  The service to him is abysmal.  He fights until booked then has to lay off a bit. He is great in the air.

This Rangers team takes so long to get a decent pass to him he has a massive CB on his back before he can make space to do something with the ball.

Potentially great player with crap service

Barrie McKay put a goal on a plate for him today he dived on top of the ball. he has poor control and cant hold the ball up and looks more interested in fouling players than playing Football.

31 minutes ago, Bossorange said:

However, like every game this season he and anyone else who's played down the middle has had no service at all. 

I totally agree.  We don't have proper wingers who will put crosses in to the box, run at people, and create things.  Our build up play is so slow that the CF has 2-3 players around him in the box constantly. 

6 hours ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Really disappointed with this signing so far. Biggest transfer fee we've paid in years and for what? A diving wee bastard who spends more time rolling around the deck wrestling with defenders legs than actually playing football. His nonsense is really starting to grate on me because the reality is he simply isn't a great footballer! 

I know it's early doors and he deserves his chance like anyone else but he has to step it up big style and ffs stop flopping around like a wee fanny. Cringey stuff and not what I'd expect from a Rangers centre forward.

He's pish tbh.

A bit strong , but I do agree that he needs to cut out the theatrics . They're embarrassing . 

Not seen him as much a goal threat yet , but works hard and ruffles up the defence and chases everything . To early to judge tbh. 

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Barrie McKay put a goal on a plate for him today he dived on top of the ball. he has poor control and cant hold the ball up and looks more interested in fouling players than playing Football.

Don't talk shite McKay drove the ball into his midriff FFs, but buying a striker who only scored 6 goals in 44 games just about sums up Warburton for me, fucking useless.

4 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Don't talk shite McKay drove the ball into his midriff FFs, but buying a striker who only scored 6 goals in 44 games just about sums up Warburton for me, fucking useless.

All he had to do was swing a leg at it but for some reason, he decided to dive on it which seemed odd but he does throw himself about a lot no shite here watch it again and you will see I'm right.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

All he had to do was swing a leg at it but for some reason, he decided to dive on it which seemed odd but he does throw himself about a lot no shite here watch it again and you will see I'm right.

It took over an hour for Barrie to beat his man today and make that chance.  I wouldn't call what Garner is currently getting 'proper service'. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

At the end of the day, with so much possession and little in the way of clear cut chances and I could go on and on boring you to death with stats, it ain't working, nothing is working and at the end of the day it's the manager that has to carry the can, you have said yourself the problems have carried over from last season and have only got worse, it is a shit position we find ourselves in and there is no easy way out of them especially with a manager that is committed to playing and carrying on with the problems and the players that cause the problems even against a piss poor Aberdeen side and the rest of the sides we have met, I think we are clutching at straws, the real reason for our failure to compete in a poor league is down to one man the manager, his signings and player choices also from last year aren't going to make it.

I can only see one outcome , he will go.

Baffles me some of these comments. Between people talking about what formation he'll thrive in as if they've watched him their whole lives or quoting his goal tallies from previous seasons. It's been 4 GAMES. 1 goal in his first 4 games isn't in anyway deserving of some of the comments on this thread. It was a tap-in but the fact is he put himself in that position to score. 

We didn't use him at all in the Ross County game past 20 minutes. Not for his lack of trying but he was getting pushed onto the right wing for periods which is laughable. How anyone can expect him to do something from out there when he's clearly not a winger and never will be is beyond me. I actually thought he done really well today in the 1st half. Held the ball up well and won us a good few fouls to relieve some pressure. Can't seriously believe people are sitting saying he can't hold a ball up. Talking out their fucking arse. He dipped in the 2nd half and was rightfully taken off but my no means was his performance as bad as some want to claim. He missed a couple of good chances but at least he's in those positions. He'll know better than anyone he should have done better.  

A lot of people on here were wanting a real poacher who could "hold the ball up" and "play with his back to the goal" and now want to moan when he does exactly that as if there disappointed he didn't turn 4 players and smack in a 35 yarder? Unreal. We need to remember here he's got 2 duds playing next to him at the moment. McKay who can't beat a man or rarely makes an attempt to and Waghorn who's effectively invisible for large periods. Yes 1.5 million is a lot of money but mind-boggling how people are writing him off already. It's been 4 GAMES. Give the guy a chance and get behind him. He's our player ffs.

Nothing wrong with his passion either. Looking at the stats he does receive a good few yellows but 1 red card in his previous 4 seasons? Not a shoe-in for a red card as so many on here seem to assume. Looks a player who can discipline himself when needed.

Can I just remind people once more that it's been 4 games? 

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Which has the knock-on effect of Barrie getting slated for a lack of productivity!

Dozens on here knocking McKay yesterday, while Garner got off lightly (until this thread).