Joe Garner.

Dado'sMulls

I still think there is a player in there somewhere he just needs time, I like the fact he's got a bit of dig thats what we want in the team winners who give their all for the cause. Hes just joined us and people are writing him off already FFS. He needs time to get to know how we play and get used to his teammates 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

No idea what you're on about, but my point still stands. I've seen lots of players taking a bit stick in their first few games, while trying to settle, but then going on to be great signings; Hateley being one of the greatest ever in my lifetime, hence I mentioned him.

Hately was proven at the top level though and his quality never know doubt. Garner has everything to prove. Just how he's a Preston level player until he proves otherwise 

The guy is wrote off already when it isn't his fault. 

You ain't gona get service from a CF playing on the wing and another winger whose footballing standard is the Scottish championship. Infact McKay sometimes looks like he doesn't want to be here. 

99times out 100 Garner would've finished the chance that fell to Waghorn

20 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Hately was proven at the top level though and his quality never know doubt. Garner has everything to prove. Just how he's a Preston level player until he proves otherwise 

Of course he's got to prove himself...and if he doesn't start putting the ball in the net, then he will struggle with us for sure. Anyway, I wasn't trying to compare Hateley with Garner, ffs. Perhaps it got lost in translation, but I used Hateley as an analogy rather than as exact comparison. That's all.

Guest bear feh canada
On 9/25/2016 at 0:49 PM, Dado'sMulls said:

Really disappointed with this signing so far. Biggest transfer fee we've paid in years and for what? A diving wee bastard who spends more time rolling around the deck wrestling with defenders legs than actually playing football. His nonsense is really starting to grate on me because the reality is he simply isn't a great footballer! 

I know it's early doors and he deserves his chance like anyone else but he has to step it up big style and ffs stop flopping around like a wee fanny. Cringey stuff and not what I'd expect from a Rangers centre forward.

He's pish tbh.

no no mate....you are pish. Slating our our players in September. Wow. Nice opinion. 

On 25 September 2016 at 5:49 PM, Dado'sMulls said:

Really disappointed with this signing so far. Biggest transfer fee we've paid in years and for what? A diving wee bastard who spends more time rolling around the deck wrestling with defenders legs than actually playing football. His nonsense is really starting to grate on me because the reality is he simply isn't a great footballer! 

I know it's early doors and he deserves his chance like anyone else but he has to step it up big style and ffs stop flopping around like a wee fanny. Cringey stuff and not what I'd expect from a Rangers centre forward.

He's pish tbh.

That's what I like, give the player time

32 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

No be here with Plan A then will it ?

Think the plan is for some of the slo-mo's to get up & support a bit quicker -  unlkely. Manager needs to work with what we have, not some fantasy team.

I said that Garner would relish off of the crosses from Tav that we seen the few games before he signed but we have rarely seen those crosses since the first 3 games, I feel he will be a good signing once he has a run in the team, I also feel he should ignore Warburtons instructions a few times and be a little greedy and selfish and look to ignore coming deep and play on the shoulder some more. The management say they watch videos of future signings so if the did then why have they starved Garner of crossed balls and through balls etc, I do also understand that teams seriously pack the defense against us which always makes it hard for any striker. Although it doesn't help when he's fluffing shot's and making clean air swipes :(

He will come good but the problem is he won't really get a run of 90 mins as him KM and MW are all chasing the central position which they all favour.

He was also the most booked player in his team last season so we bought him with the knowledge he likes to get in about it.

Feel those saying he flops about are being quite harsh. The Aberdeen defenders went through the back of him a fair few times including a couple of elbows to the head. The only thing I would say is he needs to stop getting tangled up on the ground/when he's getting up and the booking he picked up was needless and stupid.