Official get behind the manager and squad thread

2 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Sick of reading all the pish spouted and threads started discussing Warburton successor when the man is still in the job, writing players off after playing 3/4 games.  Shouts for Wallace to relinquish the armband and fans supporting Barton over the manager! ... Surely this is not the Rangers way.

By all means have an opinion, but ffs some people need to get a grip...I will never boo a player or manager wearing our colours, we need to stick toget her and support the boys, not create hysteria shouting for the manager to go and players to be released 

I fear you are wasting your time mate. If Struth was the manger they would be turning on him too. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, will2203 said:

This!

He was a fantastic player in his day and for those who did not see him, it is still evident in his ball distribution. But unfortunately he is fast becoming an embarrassment, to himself.

In danger every game of being red carded, not because he is dirty....he is soooo fucking slow. Watched him yesterday and every time he lost the ball it was head down and stroll back. Our team at the moment cannot carry him.

some may disagree, that's my opinion

Agreed, he's up against it. If you're struggling to get fit in 8 or 9 weeks there's something far wrong. 

3 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

As I said a re-building process, yeah the manager has made mistakes...But is demonstrating he recognises this and has been picking the correct team the last 2 games.  No need to light the fuse just yet

how has he been picking the correct team the last 2 games  our front 3 were awful last week v ross county  he took garner and waghorn off after 60 mins  yet he starts with the same front 3 yesterday  our best full back as far as defending is concerned is hodson  get him in the team at right back  if tav has to play them stick him right midfield  he plays there most of the time anyway  lets try something different it cannot be any worse be proactive

When the board, manager and players deserve to be criticsed then they'll be criticised quite rightly. 

The fans are the ones who pay the money and are the ones who keep the club afloat. They are afforded their opinion and certain standards which none of the afore mentioned have matched. 

It's up to them to shut everybody up. If Warburton doesn't want criticsed he must do all his power to rectify what has gone wrong. He must let his stubbornness go and adapt.

The players cannot hide behind the manager. Ultimately they're the ones going out on the pitch and not performing. If they don't want criticsed from the stands then give the fans a reason to turn round and go 'he was fucking brilliant today'. 

This nonsense we should act as if everything is rosey and cheer the player and manager at every opportunity is pathetic. We are fucking 7th. When is that ever acceptable for this football club? Until they all get their act together then their criticism is well deserved. 

46 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

See on terms of passion, I'm talking about 100% commitment, leaving nothing in reserve, refusing to accept any less than victory, winning 40/60s.

I see little of that across our squad, too few who show those qualities. If you think they are there in abundance you're deluded.

And that bit about Clint Hill is no more than embarrassing guff. Struggling to carry his big heart, wtf.

The Clint hill comment was sarcasm so wtf right back at you if that went over your head. I 100% stand by my comments and you are100% "deluded " if you think lack of passion is an issue. Your refusing ro accept anything less than victory is also dillusional, how did that work for the tims in Barca ? Tactics and technique will get you further everytime and I'll reiterate that passion is not our problem it's keeping the ball out of our net and putting it in theirs. You're comments about winning 40/60 balls also belongs in the dark ages and if you seen Tavernier getting booked for a 50/50  you'll realise that the modern game is a non contact sport . 

20 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The Clint hill comment was sarcasm so wtf right back at you if that went over your head. I 100% stand by my comments and you are100% "deluded " if you think lack of passion is an issue. Your refusing ro accept anything less than victory is also dillusional, how did that work for the tims in Barca ? Tactics and technique will get you further everytime and I'll reiterate that passion is not our problem it's keeping the ball out of our net and putting it in theirs. You're comments about winning 40/60 balls also belongs in the dark ages and if you seen Tavernier getting booked for a 50/50  you'll realise that the modern game is a non contact sport . 

You really are a happy clapper aren't you.

Did every player, or even the majority give everything yesterday? Have they done all season? No. And no.

Do you see them being leaders out there, or waiting for someone else to create the spark? The latter.

Has Barrie mckay shat out of tackles every game we've played? Yes.

Are the players seeming as devastated and angered at where we are in this league? Imo no, there's no fire, resolve, girfuy attitude. It's more of the same weekly and trudge off the park meekly. 

The names I mentioned wore their hearts on sleeves and led by example. How many of ours do the same? Next to none.

OK so you think the passion, desire, drive is there. Your opinion.  But you're wrong.

Edit: Football is not non contact. There's plenty fair tackles in every game. It just so happens that in plenty of them the opposition win more 50 50s than Rangers players.

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Did every player, or even the majority give everything yesterday? Have they done all season? No. And no.

Do you see them being leaders out there, or waiting for someone else to create the spark? The latter.

Are the players seeming as devastated and angered at where we are in this league? Imo no, there's no fire, resolve, girfuy attitude. It's more of the same weekly and trudge off the park meekly. 

The names I mentioned wore their hearts on sleeves and led by example. How many of ours do the same? Next to none.

OK so you think the passion, desire, drive is there. Your opinion.  But you're wrong.

Edit: Football is not non contact. There's plenty fair tackles in every game. It just so happens that in plenty of them the opposition win more 50 50s than Rangers players.

"Happy clapper" :power_of_anguish:

Cringe. 

We all support the team and manager when the games are being played, but surely no Rangers fan can be happy with where we are at the moment. 

I feel the team has not played well or looked like a team wanting to win every game they play for many months. They were not as motivated or wanted to win the S C on the day as much as Hibs seemed to be, and that is still annoying me, why was that the case ?  

Mark is a really nice guy, but I have gone from listening to everything he said to not listening to any press conferences, because he just says the same thing "we trained really well this week" and "we are in good shape", well we are not in good shape and it is only hope that is making me think we can maybe still get in the top three at the end of the season.  

I do not think we should be sacking him this side of Christmas, but unless he can change things between now and then and give us real hope that his team can push on and win games to get us up the league, then some serious questions will need to be asked in the New Year.

27 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

OK so while everyone's looking at tactics, team selection ,balance and plan B''s you think we're looking in the wrong direction and a bit more passion is the cure ?. Maybe you're talking shite, ever considered that the player who showed all these characteristics yesterday ( Garner) was our biggest liability. 

the players and warburton are shite. they need to get it together. i want to see them all do well but it's as though they don't care or simply have no clue what to do. 

warburton's job should be seriously considered right now. 7th place is beyond unacceptable. we still have time to turn it around. winning the league is not happening. we'll be lucky to finish 2nd or 3rd. the way we are going i don't think we'll be winning the league for a good few years. warburton really needs to change things up or he has to go this season. 

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

We all support the team and manager when the games are being played, but surely no Rangers fan can be happy with where we are at the moment. 

I feel the team has not played well or looked like a team wanting to win every game they play for many months. They were not as motivated or wanted to win the S C on the day as much as Hibs seemed to be, and that is still annoying me, why was that the case ?  

Mark is a really nice guy, but I have gone from listening to everything he said to not listening to any press conferences, because he just says the same thing "we trained really well this week" and "we are in good shape", well we are not in good shape and it is only hope that is making me think we can maybe still get in the top three at the end of the season.  

I do not think we should be sacking him this side of Christmas, but unless he can change things between now and then and give us real hope that his team can push on and win games to get us up the league, then some serious questions will need to be asked in the New Year.

Happy...not yet but I think the last 3 performances have been a massive improvement.

Yesterday we pretty much controlled the game and made more than enough chances to take all 3 points...we didn't take them and got hit by the sucker punch straight after half time, which if you don't score when you're on top is pretty much guaranteed to happen.

14 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

OK so while everyone's looking at tactics, team selection ,balance and plan B''s you think we're looking in the wrong direction and a bit more passion is the cure ?. Maybe you're talking shite, ever considered that the player who showed all these characteristics yesterday ( Garner) was our biggest liability. 

No. If you could point me in the direction of that post then you'll be doing well. All those things you've listed are issues. As is passion, drive commitment to win.

Garner "our biggest liability". Ffs you're not a happy clapper.  You are deluded right enough.

4 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Sick of reading all the pish spouted and threads started discussing Warburton successor when the man is still in the job, writing players off after playing 3/4 games.  Shouts for Wallace to relinquish the armband and fans supporting Barton over the manager! ... Surely this is not the Rangers way.

By all means have an opinion, but ffs some people need to get a grip...I will never boo a player or manager wearing our colours, we need to stick toget her and support the boys, not create hysteria shouting for the manager to go and players to be released 

This

some off the over the top pish I. Here reeks off tarrier behaviour!.

no ones happy where we are, but we've got threads saying the managers a fraud etc!, fucking embarrassing!

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No. If you could point me in the direction of that post then you'll be doing well. All those things you've listed are issues. As is passion, drive commitment to win.

Garner "our biggest liability". Ffs you're not a happy clapper.  You are deluded right enough.

I take it you missed the start of the game where he aimed a petulant kick at o'connor while on the ground and the stupid tackle he made on the touch line or the wrestling about the ground on several occasions. Every Rangers fan must have questioned wether he'd  avoid a red at some point in the first half. That's a liability. 

10 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

I take it you missed the start of the game where he aimed a petulant kick at o'connor while on the ground and the stupid tackle he made on the touch line or the wrestling about the ground on several occasions. Every Rangers fan must have questioned wether he'd  avoid a red at some point in the first half. That's a liability. 

The petulant kick aside was stupid. The booking he got I've yet to see a camera angle that shows the trailing leg made contact. The wrestling was not even handbags. 

Have a look at Tavs positioning at their first goal. That sort of defending is a liability.

9 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

To be fair O'Connor booted him first so deserved everything he got coming. The late challenge he clipped with his trailing foot and was no where near the player with his tackling leg. The rolling about the Sheepshagger was leaning on him with his knee he deserved everything that was coming as well. I notice you don't mention Garner getting whacked on the back of his head with a flying elbow. 

Hes the type of player that gets in the face of the defence and makes it a nightmare for their defence, would you rather we had nice wee chaps up front that asked if it was ok to score a goal. 

"Get behind the manager and squad"
I hate seeing Rangers lose, but going up to this level was not going to be easy.
I will get behind the manager and our squad, just like I have done for 57 years.
It's just going to take a little time, and I am sure our winning ways will come again.
After all, we are the Glasgow Rangers, with the best supporters in the world. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

To be fair O'Connor booted him first so deserved everything he got coming. The late challenge he clipped with his trailing foot and was no where near the player with his tackling leg. The rolling about the Sheepshagger was leaning on him with his knee he deserved everything that was coming as well. I notice you don't mention Garner getting whacked on the back of his head with a flying elbow. 

Hes the type of player that gets in the face of the defence and makes it a nightmare for their defence, would you rather we had nice wee chaps up front that asked if it was ok to score a goal. 

I'd rather we didn't go down to ten men and that referee was bad enough to have sent him off for the petulant kick. I'd also prefer it if he didn't have a fresh air swipe when in a great position to score. So far I'd say the boys nothing more than a nuisance who tries like fuc* and I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong.

Just now, ianferguson said:

I'd rather we didn't go down to ten men and that referee was bad enough to have sent him off for the petulant kick. I'd also prefer it if he didn't have a fresh air swipe when in a great position to score. So far I'd say the boys nothing more than a nuisance who tries like fuc* and I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong.

I want a player sticking up for himself, maybe you should be asking why the ref never booked both of them for kicking each other if it was that bad. 

If we get shot of every striker when he has a fresh air then Waghorn would've been chucked months ago. 

He does try hard probably too hard, but then when your starved of any real service from your team I can understnd why he gets stuck in. 

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I want a player sticking up for himself, maybe you should be asking why the ref never booked both of them for kicking each other if it was that bad. 

If we get shot of every striker when he has a fresh air then Waghorn would've been chucked months ago. 

He does try hard probably too hard, but then when your starved of any real service from your team I can understnd why he gets stuck in. 

Think you'll find he came up here with the idea of putting himself about as he's done it in every game. His frustration came BEFORE his lack of service and maybe if he'd kept a clearer head he'd have done MUCH better with his two chances. I'm all for effort but he's not playing for Preston anymore so let's see some quality. 

Ps Waghorn ain't a "striker"

Just now, ianferguson said:

Think you'll find he came up here with the idea of putting himself about as he's done it in every game. His frustration came BEFORE his lack of service and maybe if he'd kept a clearer head he'd have done MUCH better with his two chances. I'm all for effort but he's not playing for Preston anymore so let's see some quality. 

True, he's dropped down a level from Preston.

Play to his strengths and we may see a player.