Sky sports 2 ricky burns crowd b4 fight

Rambo1872

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I was at one of his fights at Braehead 2 years ago and me and my brother ended up fucking steaming and calling him a fenian bastard and all sorts. About 3-4 other guys started joining in :lol:

The last bit, about others joining in, really made me LOL.:uk:

12 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I was at one of his fights at Braehead 2 years ago and me and my brother ended up fucking steaming and calling him a fenian bastard and all sorts. About 3-4 other guys started joining in :lol:

I think that might a been me :lol: and @Gascoigne8.

Although some old midden wanted to ride him 

I went to 1 of his fights with Ma mate at the time he was right in to boxing and I'm sure the guy he was fighting was from Norway and burns won. I remember lee Appleby was fighting and I thought he was going to be top notch but don't think it's worked out for him. Anyway the burns fight was a good atmosphere Tbf but I just couldn't want him to win. 

On 10/8/2016 at 0:07 AM, Gaz52 said:

I was at the Frampton v Quigg fight, about 200 singing the billy boys in the hallways. lol

On 09/10/2016 at 0:41 PM, Copland bear said:

I honestly thought Burns lost the fight.  The scoring was an absolute disgrace 

I didn't watch the fight but i saw the highlights and I thought the other guy looked as though he was hammering Burns. 

Why he felt the need to put rosary beads around his neck after the fight :power_of_anguish:

When he was being interviewed he sounded like a wee junkie ned. Actually made me feel quite nauseous  

On 11/10/2016 at 10:33 PM, Dickie1963 said:

If you fought an Italian for a world title in Italy in the 70s you had to knock him out for a draw. 

Disagree mate. If you knocked him out you would get a split decision loss.

Used to be a huge fan of Boxing (70s- late nineties) but would struggle to name a champion at most weights nowadays. Too many different organizations with too many belts have damaged the sport imo.

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

More weights, more belts, more fights, more money.

Not doubting the financial reasons behind it but ffs i reckon i could win a interim, diamond, silver, catchweight title and i'm 55 with no professional fights. WBC & WBA, eight weight classes with the majority of casual sports fans able to name most of the champions. That's what i was brought up on, can anyone honestly say the current situation is an improvement?.